Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AR 15

Quote:No one said it "guaranteed" anything. I specifically made that point several times.
He also didn't say guarantee. He said affect.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I concede, there is nothing going to change his mind if the points that have been made already haven't done it.

Quote:I concede, there is nothing going to change his mind if the points that have been made already haven't done it.

The lists I provided are enough proof for me that theres bad mojo with the Jags WR weaing low numbers. 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 04:32 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:The lists I provided are enough proof for me that theres bad mojo with the Jags WR weaing low numbers.
What do you mean "bad mojo"??

"Proof for me" .... There's no such thing as proof for yourself.

Crap... Someone needs to call Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson.

TMD believes invisible number fairies are spraying magic pixie dust on WRs with numbers in the 10-19 range, making them ineffective or unlucky.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:What do you mean "bad mojo"??

"Proof for me" .... There's no such thing as proof for yourself.

Crap... Someone needs to call Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson.

TMD believes invisible number fairies are spraying magic pixie dust on WRs with numbers in the 10-19 range, making them ineffective or unlucky.

I already provided a lengthy list of Jags WR that wore teen numbers that have been disappointing for various reasons. 

Here's the list of Jags WR wearing teen numbers that went on to have successful careers here: 

can't see anything? 

Robinson and Lee are pissing into the wind with their choices. 

Glad Hurns chose 88. 

Quote:Please end this thread right now.

This is all we need to say about this nonsense.

The fact that grown men can believe a number actually affects something is quite embarrassing.

Yeah, 'cause those pros pay money and make bribes to get the number they want for no reason at all. They obviously think there's something to it.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I already provided a lengthy list of Jags WR that wore teen numbers that have been disappointing for various reasons.

Here's the list of Jags WR wearing teen numbers that went on to have successful careers here:

can't see anything?

Robinson and Lee are [BAD WORD REMOVED] into the wind with their choices.

Glad Hurns chose 88.

Correlation does not imply causation, doofus.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 04:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Correlation does not imply causation, doofus.

"doofus..."

It also surely doesn't help. 

If I was a Jags WR and the Jags had that sort of history of failure with WR that wore low numbers, I wouldn't be tempting fate. 

Quote:"doofus..."

It also surely doesn't help.

Of course it doesn't help. It's immaterial. Doesn't matter. Superstitious BS. That's all it is. It's not good luck or bad luck.

And yes, doofus. Any adult that honestly believes a number you pick has some undetectable powers or gives you good or back luck is not very smart. At all.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Of course it doesn't help. It's immaterial. Doesn't matter. Superstitious [BAD WORD REMOVED]. That's all it is. It's not good luck or bad luck.

And yes, doofus. Any adult that honestly believes a number you pick has some undetectable powers or gives you good or back luck is not very smart. At all.

Just as I can't really prove theres something to it, you can't really prove that there isn't some bad mojo for the Jags WR that wear the teen numbers. 

At least I have a lengthy list of players that support my side of the argument. 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 04:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Just as I can't really prove theres something to it, you can't really prove that there isn't some bad mojo for the Jags WR that wear the teen numbers. 

Ouside of Shorts, in the last 10 yrs. who are the WR's with numbers in the 80's that has been good for us or produced on the field?

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 05:00 PM by Jax Jag.)

Quote:Ouside of Shorts, in the last 10 yrs. who are the WR's with numbers in the 80's that has been good for us or produced on the field?
Jimmy Smith

Edit: I'm being facetious by the way.

Quote:Just as I can't really prove theres something to it, you can't really prove that there isn't some bad mojo for the Jags WR that wear the teen numbers.

You fail at literally everything you post.

Look up "burden of proof"

You can't prove I DONT have an invisible giraffe in my garage either.

Quote:Ouside of Shorts, in the last 10 yrs. who are the WR's with numbers in the 80's that has been good for us or produced on the field?

lol @ "outside of".....

you already have to quantify....

The list of successes with the teen numbers is ZERO. 

And thats not with any "exceptions" or "quantifications" . 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 05:07 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:I already provided a lengthy list of Jags WR that wore teen numbers that have been disappointing for various reasons.

can't see anything?

Robinson and Lee are [BAD WORD REMOVED] into the wind with their choices.

Glad Hurns chose 88.
What Jaguars WRs have had successfully careers here period? Jimmy and Keenan?

Quote:What Jaguars WRs that had successfully careers here period? Jimmy abd Keenan?
Yes. Back when you weren't even allowed to wear a number in the teens as a WR IIRC.

Quote:lol @ "outside of".....

you already have to quantify....

The list of successes with the teen numbers is ZERO. 

And thats not with any "exceptions" or "quantifications" .

Yeah, but I don't think it's because they were doomed by choosing their numbers. We just haven't had much success finding wideouts. That's okay though, we've got some pretty good ones on the team now.

Quote:Yes. Back when you weren't even allowed to wear a number in the teens as a WR IIRC.

Correct. It was a recent rule that allowed WRs to pick in the teens without the 80s being completed picked.

Quote:What Jaguars WRs that had successfully careers here period? Jimmy abd Keenan?

I'm not a fan, but Shorts' would also qualify. 

Jimmy & Keenan were also the reason so few other WR were needed here over the first 7-10 years. 

Quote:[Image: IMG_2008.jpg?477]

Almost identicle to my AR15...

NH3...
"AZANE"