Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Todman

Quote:Anyone but me see Storm starting and Gerhart backing him up this year like he's always done for AP?

No. Even if at this point he knew the offense better and was a better runner... He still needs to work on blocking assignments and such. Gerhart got a pretty decent pay day. Barring injury he is gonna get most of the carries probably for the next two seasons.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:OK dude.... Obvious statements. Doesn't negate the fact that the level of competition that he looked pretty good, definitely above average...NOT great against, was terrible. He is in no way more talented than gerhart. That's one of your patented TMD reactionary statements.

Where did I say anything bad about Gerhart? I like Gerhart. I'd imagine he'll do very well for the team this year pending injury. 

Why couldn't he be more talented than Gerhart though?....because he went largely unnoticed because of school and people like you that are overlooking him? Looking at that tape what doesn't Cobb possess?? 4.4 speed? check. Short area quickness? check. Ability to make the first, and second (sometimes third) tacklers miss? check. prototypical size for the position? check. Low center of gravity? check. Abilty to break tackles? check. Patience & vision? check. Cut-back/ home-run ability to turn busted plays/ short gains into 40+ yarders? check. 

The only thing that I see perhaps holding Cobb back is the injury he sustained last year to his foot. 

Alfred Morris was a RB who was largely overlooked because of his "level of competition" too...and wound up the best RB on his team. 

Bryce Brown is another late round steal. 

We already know about Arian Foster...

I still think Drob makes the team. He just has too much talent and he showed a little of that last week.. Plus it looks like he might play some kick returner.

And no Storm is nothing like Fred in 98.

Quote:And no Storm is nothing like Fred in 98.

THe comparison wasn't trying to imply Storm was AS talented as Fred. It was citing specific aspects of Fred's early career and how he struggled initially in preseason games, but it never mattered. 

Storm's roster spot is as safe as Fred's was in 1998 as a rookie. The Bortles connection guarantees it. 

Quote:THe comparison wasn't trying to imply Storm was AS talented as Fred. It was citing specific aspects of Fred's early career and how he struggled initially in preseason games, but it never mattered.

Storm's roster spot is as safe as Fred's was in 1998 as a rookie. The Bortles connection guarantees it.
Fred was never not safe due to where he was drafted. Storm dosent have that same security.

Quote:Fred was never not safe due to where he was drafted. Storm dosent have that same security.

The reasoning may be different as to why their roster spots are/ were safe, but at the end of the day that bottom line is the point that I'm arguing: Storm's roster spot is as safe as Fred's back in 1998. 

Quote:The reasoning may be different as to why their roster spots are/ were safe, but at the end of the day that bottom line is the point that I'm arguing: Storm's roster spot is as safe as Fred's back in 1998.
no it's not.

Quote:The reasoning may be different as to why their roster spots are/ were safe, but at the end of the day that bottom line is the point that I'm arguing: Storm's roster spot is as safe as Fred's back in 1998.

Lay off whatever it is you're smoking.

Quote:Where did I say anything bad about Gerhart? I like Gerhart. I'd imagine he'll do very well for the team this year pending injury.

Why couldn't he be more talented than Gerhart though?....because he went largely unnoticed because of school and people like you that are overlooking him? Looking at that tape what doesn't Cobb possess?? 4.4 speed? check. Short area quickness? check. Ability to make the first, and second (sometimes third) tacklers miss? check. prototypical size for the position? check. Low center of gravity? check. Abilty to break tackles? check. Patience & vision? check. Cut-back/ home-run ability to turn busted plays/ short gains into 40+ yarders? check.

The only thing that I see perhaps holding Cobb back is the injury he sustained last year to his foot.

Alfred Morris was a RB who was largely overlooked because of his "level of competition" too...and wound up the best RB on his team.

Bryce Brown is another late round steal.

We already know about Arian Foster...

You said storm and Cobb are the best rbs on the team. Regardless, let's just keep Terrance Cobb in mind when he becomes nothing, like I expect.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:no it's not.

We'll see...

Quote:Lay off whatever it is you're smoking.

LOL.. you're entitled to your incorrect take. 

Storm's roster spot is a lock, barring injury. 

Quote:You said storm and Cobb are the best rbs on the team. Regardless, let's just keep Terrance Cobb in mind when he becomes nothing, like I expect.

I do think both are very talented running backs, probably moreso than Gerhart....that doesn't mean I dislike Gerhart or think he's crap. Its more a compliment to those 2 than any slight at Toby. I think either one of Storm/ Cobb could eventually be 1300 yard/ 4.4+ YPC/ double digit TD/ RB's....I don't think Toby is capable of that ceiling at this point. Not saying "impossible" tho. 

Quote:We'll see...

I do think both are very talented running backs, probably moreso than Gerhart....that doesn't mean I dislike Gerhart or think he's crap. Its more a compliment to those 2 than any slight at Toby. I think either one of Storm/ Cobb could eventually be 1300 yard/ 4.4+ YPC/ double digit TD/ RB's....I don't think Toby is capable of that ceiling at this point. Not saying "impossible" tho.
perfect example.. You have no way of knowing if his take is incorrect.. It could be but you have no idea if it will or not. You act like everything you say is fact.

Quote:THe comparison wasn't trying to imply Storm was AS talented as Fred. It was citing specific aspects of Fred's early career and how he struggled initially in preseason games, but it never mattered. 

This is funny stuff right here.  Storm does not have the same level of security that Taylor did as a  rookie.  It's not even debatable. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

No.

First rounders are uncuttable, name me one who has been released in the last two decades?  On the other hand if you are picked 222nd in the draft, then you are WAY more likely to be cut.  Storm

s roster spit is not as safe as Fred's back in 1998.

The expectations with Fred and Storm are hugely different, so preseason production is even less relevant.  I'd love for you to ask Dave if the connection between Storm and Blake prevents Storm from being on the bubble.  Have you taken your meds today?

A 7th rounder is a lock to make the roster?

Hmmm oooook.

Quote:We'll see...

This is genius, take a player like terrence Cobb, claim some innate insight into his genius then if he is great .... Validation... If he blows or is cut blame the coaches or criticise a short sighted GM for not recognising his talent

I need to start doing that, it would do wonders for my self esteem thinking I'm right all the time

I think we carry 4 rbs like last year with Todman and denard fighting for a spot in next years camp

I feel they are similar types of runners, nippy guys that need space to get yards

Todman currently has better vision and is more reliable which makes him better than denard this year

Another year, more carries and fixed fumbling issues and robinsons physical ability will make him far better than todman

Haven't seen enough of storm to make a judgement call on him but considering all I have heard is praise for Todman I don't see storm threatening todmans roster spot

Quote:This is genius, take a player like terrence Cobb, claim some innate insight into his genius then if he is great .... Validation... If he blows or is cut blame the coaches or criticise a short sighted GM for not recognising his talent

I need to start doing that, it would do wonders for my self esteem thinking I'm right all the time

I think we carry 4 rbs like last year with Todman and denard fighting for a spot in next years camp

I feel they are similar types of runners, nippy guys that need space to get yards

Todman currently has better vision and is more reliable which makes him better than denard this year

Another year, more carries and fixed fumbling issues and robinsons physical ability will make him far better than todman

Haven't seen enough of storm to make a judgement call on him but considering all I have heard is praise for Todman I don't see storm threatening todmans roster spot
You've figured out the schtick. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The Jags are still listing the depth chart as:

Gerhart

Todman

Robinson

Johnson

Cobb

Neither Johnson nor Cobb have done anything yet to change that.  They've got 3 weeks....

Quote:The Jags are still listing the depth chart as:

Gerhart

Todman

Robinson

Johnson

Cobb

I

Neither Johnson nor Cobb have done anything yet to change that. They've got 3 weeks....
if that.. I really think Robinson sticks and I could see Todman being cut since he wasent hand picked by this regime.

Quote:if that.. I really think Robinson sticks and I could see Todman being cut since he wasent hand picked by this regime.

I'm beginning to think that this ^ is a possibility.  I wonder if they are hoping to see him do something in preseason worthy of the trade-block?  

He was a Gene Smith acquisition. (waiver wire I think)  So they definitely aren't tied to him strongly.  He does have a nifty ability to get around the edge and he's a solid KR guy, but I'm not sure that's enough to save him if he doesn't show more in the coming weeks. 

Who returns kicks tonight with the ones could be telling....