Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Todman

I don't think we have the luxury of keeping 4 RBs.

Gerhart, Robinson, and Johnson are all Gus Bradley's guys.  If I'm not mistaken Jordan Todman was left over from Mike Mularkey.  He has been in and out of the lineup.

I think Johnson could offer special teams running under kicks.  Robinson offers special teams ability with returning kicks.  Gerhart is locked up with a multi year deal.

Todman seems to be the odd man out if they decide to keep 3 backs instead of 4.

What do you guys say?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 01:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I say if they cut Terrence Cobb we might regret it. 

Todman is okay. But Cobb has the chance to be really good. 

Why can't they keep 4 running backs?

Quote:I say if they cut Terrence Cobb we might regret it.

Todman is okay. But Cobb has the chance to be really good.

Based on what?

His YouTube highlight film? Bc I know that's the only time you've seen him.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I don't remember a year where the Jags only kept 3 RBs on the roster. 

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Based on what?

His YouTube highlight film? Bc I know that's the only time you've seen him.

What does that matter?? The only thing that does matter is in his footage he displays skills that back up his very impressive numbers in college. 

He's got very good short area quickness, as well as long speed. He's also the prototypical build for the position and shown to break tackles well. He's got that lower center of gravity that you want in a player at that position as well. He is decisive to the hole, yet also displays enough patience to let the initial seam develop. Then, unlike most RB he's got that 2nd gear where he's shown to burst through the first level and often took what should have been modest gains into 30 and 40 yarders or more. 

The RB position is one of the few that doesn't need 2-3 years of development for you to know what you have. Its very instinctive and thats why more rookies will shine quickly at that position than just about any other. 

With Todman, by now, what you see is what you've got. 

I expect Cobb to show a lot more than he did in that first game over the next 2-3. He's simply way more talented than that. 

The team could easily stash Cobb on the PS. Keep Todman as the backup to Gerhart this year. Let him walk next spring and have Storm Johnson become the backup.

;

;

Quote:What does that matter?? The only thing that does matter is in his footage he displays skills that back up his very impressive numbers in college. 

He's got very good short area quickness, as well as long speed. He's also the prototypical build for the position and shown to break tackles well. He's got that lower center of gravity that you want in a player at that position as well. He is decisive to the hole, yet also displays enough patience to let the initial seam develop. Then, unlike most RB he's got that 2nd gear where he's shown to burst through the first level and often took what should have been modest gains into 30 and 40 yarders or more. 

The RB position is one of the few that doesn't need 2-3 years of development for you to know what you have. Its very instinctive and thats why more rookies will shine quickly at that position than just about any other. 

With Todman, by now, what you see is what you've got. 

I expect Cobb to show a lot more than he did in that first game over the next 2-3. He's simply way more talented than that. 

we'll see.  I hope so.

Noone going to training camp practices has noticed him being anything other than "a guy" though.

He will have 3 more games to showcase his talent, hopefully you're right.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The team could easily stash Cobb on the PS. Keep Todman as the backup to Gerhart this year. Let him walk next spring and have Storm Johnson become the backup.

If they could stash Cobb and guarantee him of not getting plucked away, then I'd feel better about that.

Quote:we'll see.  I hope so.

Noone going to training camp practices has noticed him being anything other than "a guy" though.

He will have 3 more games to showcase his talent, hopefully you're right.

Cobb is likely still feeling some of the effects from a foot injury sustained last season, which probably accounts for his lack of flashes so far. 

I don't see us keeping 4 backs either. With Gerhart and Todman being locks, that last spot is between Storm and D-Rob.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:If they could stash Cobb and guarantee him of not getting plucked away, then I'd feel better about that.

I am sure you would lose more sleep about it than Caldwell, Bradley or Fisch.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 02:09 PM by roycee.)

Todman while I don't think he'll be cut...I do believe he could see a reduction in his reps as the #2 back

Quote:I don't see us keeping 4 backs either. With Gerhart and Todman being locks, that last spot is between Storm and D-Rob.

Todman is a lock? Since when?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Todman is a lock? Since when?

Yeah, if any is a lock, its Storm. 

Every bit of reporting I've seen or heard has said Todman is the clear number two guy and it isn't close. That should be obvious after watching Storm Johnson and I'm not sure they are ready to trust a guy like D-Rob who is still learning the position.

Quote:Every bit of reporting I've seen or heard has said Todman is the clear number two guy and it isn't close. That should be obvious after watching Storm Johnson and I'm not sure they are ready to trust a guy like D-Rob who is still learning the position.

The line wasn't opening holes for any of them. I wouldn't bash Storm up there. 

I think they will keep 4 RBs and Todman will get the number two slot because of his greater experience

One of the coaches described Gerhart and Todman as a "one two" combo a week or so ago and that seems about as clear as it gets to me.

Quote:I think they will keep 4 RBs and Todman will get the number two slot because of his greater experience

One of the coaches described Gerhart and Todman as a "one two" combo a week or so ago and that seems about as clear as it gets to me.
I tend to agree with this.  I don't think Todman is going anywhere this year just based on some of the comments that have come out of training camp. 

Johnson will make this roster, and if they list him as a running back, I think they'll opt to keep Robinson around as well.  Too much talent there we've yet to tap into.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The team could easily stash Cobb on the PS. Keep Todman as the backup to Gerhart this year. Let him walk next spring and have Storm Johnson become the backup.
So far I think your dead on!

Gerhart, Johnson, Robinson

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana