Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dead Zone news: Aaron rodgers supports Jags decision to keep Bortles on the bench

Quote:The best quarterback in the league?  I'll take it.

That is debatable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It only works if the front office could care less about what the fans say and this front office has proven they will go against what us fans want.

The fact they said this before training camp opened up told me they were serious. Not to temper expectations or whatever but to tell us to sit tight and they will disregard anything we whine about. They are not going to rush this because the owner has not put them I'm a win now mode. Try have set up a system in which money is being made and have operated off of the bare minimum. They are focused on getting it right no matter the time table.

In other words just sit back and enjoy the ride

Sorry, I just don't see it. What is it they say about best laid plans? Hopefully the situation never arises.

Its not about win now or bowing to the fans or anything other than just not sitting on your hands when you have that sort of situation. If you have a guy who is really sucking, losing you games bad, you try someone or something else.

Having a plan is great, sticking to your plan when the going gets tough is great. Not allowing flexibility in your plan when the situation changes - in this case Chad Henne not performing adequately as the bridge QB - is foolish.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Sorry, I just don't see it. What is it they say about best laid plans? Hopefully the situation never arises.

Its not about win now or bowing to the fans or anything other than just not sitting on your hands when you have that sort of situation. If you have a guy who is really sucking, losing you games bad, you try someone or something else.

Having a plan is great, sticking to your plan when the going gets tough is great. Not allowing flexibility in your plan when the situation changes - in this case Chad Henne not performing adequately as the bridge QB - is foolish.

Opinions do vary.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Only the idiots are negative towards Rodgers.  The guy has a ring and one of the best QB's in the game.  Anyone with two brain cells should trust his words over some internet trolls.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Sorry, I just don't see it. What is it they say about best laid plans? Hopefully the situation never arises.

We will just have to disagree then. They have a plan and if they stick to it I won't be upset.

Quote:He basically said our team sucks and the coaches and GM know it so they are smart for not playing him from day one.
Until proven otherwise that is a fact.  We won 2 games in 2012 and 4 games in 2013.  Until proven otherwise our team does suck

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

You never deviate from the plan.  Period.

I suspect that part of that plan is not a "winning now" approach.  Contrary to popular belief on this forum, Chad Henne isn't that bad.  He's not going to "lose games for you bad".  He may not necessarily win games for you, but he's not going to lose them for you either.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 05:29 PM by Dakota.)

They have already stated that it's not about the play of Henne. They said it is solely about the development of Bortles.

They are two separate and independent entities.

I get the fan perspective and the want to win. It's natural. However, they are looking at the next ten years, not the next ten games. Using that viewpoint, it makes perfect sense.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'm all in favor of Blake taking up the clip board duties this season but there is no way in the world if Chad is laying turd after turd that Gus doesn't rip the highlighter out of Bortles hand
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:That is debatable.

It's not a farfetched proclamation.

Rodgers is just scared he wont get another superbowl if we start Bortles year one, this way it gives him at least another year to get one. /troll

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 11:16 PM by homebiscuit.)

Not only will Bortles start the beginning of the season, but I fully expect him to take over a couple of coaching positions and be Shad's cabin boy on the Kismet during the week.

No pressure.

But seriously, it's all up to Henne.

Quote:kinda surprised by the negativity towards Rodgers. He's arguably a top five QB and sat early in his career.

There is no argument whatsoever. The dude is easily a top five QB.

If you had to start a team tomorrow, who would be the first player you would pick? It would be Rodgers for me.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

If Henne stinks it up or gets injured and the coaching staff feels Bortles is not ready, I think you may see Stanzi first off the bench.

From what I am hearing they are very impressed with him so far this year.

Quote:They have already stated that it's not about the play of Henne. They said it is solely about the development of Bortles.

They are two separate and independent entities.

I get the fan perspective and the want to win. It's natural. However, they are looking at the next ten years, not the next ten games. Using that viewpoint, it makes perfect sense.

They have also said if Henne goes down Bortles goes in. How does that help? Henne could be playing great and Bortles could be sucking it up in practice, but if Henne goes down do you think they put Stanzi or Morris in? Heck no. Sorry Blake, Chad's broke his leg, get your crappy mechanics and poor playbook knowledge out there behind our crappy OL and see what you can do. Its an enforced change of plan due to the reality of the situation. 

I know the coaches preach this and that, but there are simply too many variables in the NFL to make that sort of cast iron plan and not allow for deviation when the situation changes. Chad Henne playing terrible, game losing, Gabbert level football (which he shouldn't do) is a change in situation which requires a reaction. Not being in win now mode is not a reason to ignore something like that.

Like I said, I think Henne will probably and hopefully continue where he left off. He was playing some decent football the end of last year and hopefully the team around him should be a little better so it will never get to the point where Chad is playing bad enough to be yanked and the coaches can wait for their idea moment.

Its an agree to disagree point, but plans are that, plans, not actions. They have to allow for the reality of the situation. If I need to go to Miami and the roads are closed, I can't just jump in my car because I planned to drive.

Quote:They have also said if Henne goes down Bortles goes in. How does that help? Henne could be playing great and Bortles could be sucking it up in practice, but if Henne goes down do you think they put Stanzi or Morris in? Heck no. Sorry Blake, Chad's broke his leg, get your crappy mechanics and poor playbook knowledge out there behind our crappy OL and see what you can do. Its an enforced change of plan due to the reality of the situation. 

I know the coaches preach this and that, but there are simply too many variables in the NFL to make that sort of cast iron plan and not allow for deviation when the situation changes. Chad Henne playing terrible, game losing, Gabbert level football (which he shouldn't do) is a change in situation which requires a reaction. Not being in win now mode is not a reason to ignore something like that.

Like I said, I think Henne will probably and hopefully continue where he left off. He was playing some decent football the end of last year and hopefully the team around him should be a little better so it will never get to the point where Chad is playing bad enough to be yanked and the coaches can wait for their idea moment.

Its an agree to disagree point, but plans are that, plans, not actions. They have to allow for the reality of the situation. If I need to go to Miami and the roads are closed, I can't just jump in my car because I planned to drive.

It becomes a matter of necessity if Henne is injured.  Stanzi isn't any more experienced than Bortles, and Stephen Morris isn't going in. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It becomes a matter of necessity if Henne is injured.  Stanzi isn't any more experienced than Bortles, and Stephen Morris isn't going in. 

And if Henne is sucking bad enough, I think it also becomes a necessity.

I can't see the logic in saying, 'Oh well, Chad's injured, throw the totally unprepared rook to the wolves, its necessity', but at the same time 'Oh well, Chad's doing his best David Garrard in week 17 impression, sucks to be us.'

Quote:And if Henne is sucking bad enough, I think it also becomes a necessity.

I can't see the logic in saying, 'Oh well, Chad's injured, throw the totally unprepared rook to the wolves, its necessity', but at the same time 'Oh well, Chad's doing his best David Garrard in week 17 impression, sucks to be us.'

Completely different.  It goes back to the fact that if Henne sucks and Bortles isn't ready, the rookie isn't playing.  You really are struggling with comprehending what the people who make these decisions have been saying. 

You can't see the logic.  LIfe's tough. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Only the idiots are negative towards Rodgers.  The guy has a ring and one of the best QB's in the game.  Anyone with two brain cells should trust his words over some internet trolls.

Not the same situation.  Rodgers was drafted so that he could take over for a Hall of Fame QB after that QB decided he was done.  

This is not the same situation.  Bortles is sitting behind the worst starting QB of last year.  That's quite a jump from Hall of Fame to Henne.  Henne is only starting until Bortles shows he's up to speed with everything.  Hopefully it's sooner rather than later so we don't have to endure another year of Henne having every other ball batted down and choking under pressure.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2014, 08:35 AM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:Completely different.  It goes back to the fact that if Henne sucks and Bortles isn't ready, the rookie isn't playing.  You really are struggling with comprehending what the people who make these decisions have been saying. 

You can't see the logic.  LIfe's tough. 

So Borles isn't ready, but Henne's injured. Play Bortles anyway.

Henne is sucking to high heaven, Bortles is out playing him. Stick with Chad, its in the plan.

That's fine and logical to you?

It's not completely different, its the reality of the situation dictating a change of plan.