Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dead Zone news: Aaron rodgers supports Jags decision to keep Bortles on the bench

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I dont see how anyone can really argue against it.

Quote:You go to a place that has some pieces and you can have some success early. But if you go to a team that doesn't have the pieces ... it can really mess with your confidence.

Anybody know what experience is he basing this on? 

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I dont see how anyone can really argue against it.

....just wait 5 minutes, Mr Sensible and the crew of ZZZOMGZZMUSTSTARTHIMIMMEADEITLEEE will be here shortly :whistling:

I'm terrified of a Gabbert 2.0 and totally ok with this Aaron Rogers seemed to benefit from it. 

Do we have Brett Favre in front of Bortles? 

I am all for sitting Bortles until he is ready... as long as Henne plays well.  Iif Henne sucks it up then they will have no choice but to play Bortles. 

I wonder if the Jaguars feel the Packers should sit Rogers...

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Do we have Brett Favre in front of Bortles?

I am all for sitting Bortles until he is ready... as long as Henne plays well. Iif Henne sucks it up then they will have no choice but to play Bortles.

I know we have beat this to death but what if Henne is playing poor due to bad line play and injuries at WR, do we still play Henne or go to Bortles?

The argument is that the team is not good enough to support the rookie and could effect his development.

Do we really want the approval of Aaron Rodgers?

Quote:I know we have beat this to death but what if Henne is playing poor due to bad line play and injuries at WR, do we still play Henne or go to Bortles?

The argument is that the team is not good enough to support the rookie and could effect his development.

Ok what if next year the line is still playing poorly and the year after that the line is still playing poorly? 

He has to play at some point.  What exactly would be the difference.  There is absolutely no guarantee that the line and the receivers are going to be great in year two or even good for that matter.  

Even when the line gets good they are still going to play poorly at times. 

What does Aaron Rodgers know about quarterbacks? Start Bortles now, I say! Realistically he should start a few games in the offseason so he's got a headstart on the rest of the league.

As much as I think Henne is trash, Im cool with letting Blake sit. I know its best for Blake and the team that he dosent play till hes ready. Even though the fan in me wants him to play.

Rookie QBs can learn by playing.   But if you put a rookie QB on a bad team out there, all he learns is how to chuck it out of bounds to avoid getting killed.  I'd rather wait until we have receivers running the correct routes, and an offensive line that is blocking well.  THEN put the young guy out there. 

You could be waiting a long time then.

He plays when he grasps the playbook.  He can already spin it. 

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 12:35 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Ok what if next year the line is still playing poorly and the year after that the line is still playing poorly?

He has to play at some point. What exactly would be the difference. There is absolutely no guarantee that the line and the receivers are going to be great in year two or even good for that matter.

Even when the line gets good they are still going to play poorly at times.
Next year he would've a year into the league and better equipped to handle less than stellar line play. Also next year you would better know what deficiencies you have on the line and better address them.

I'm in the camp that believes experience is the best teacher but our team is not ready to accommodate a young qb. We have a lot of new pieces right now. I'm in the camp that believes we should iron out those kinks before throwing the young guy to the wolves. This doesn't have to be sink or swim. This can be a gradual process

Quote:Next year he would've a year into the league and better equipped to handle less than stellar line play. Also next year you would better know what deficiencies you have on the line and better address them.

I'm in the camp that believes experience is the best teacher but our team is not ready to accommodate a young qb. We have a lot of new pieces right now. I'm in the camp that believes we should iron out those kinks before throwing the young guy to the wolves. This doesn't have to be sink or swim. This can be a gradual process
Like I said, I am all for Bortles sitting as long as Henne plays well.  If the Jags start out 0-6 and Henne is playing god awful then it is more than likely that Henne will be benched.  The NFL waits for no one. 

Quote:....just wait 5 minutes, Mr Sensible and the crew of ZZZOMGZZMUSTSTARTHIMIMMEADEITLEEE will be here shortly :whistling:

Shouldn't you be telling us how Justin Blackmon is definitely fixing his addiction problems based on the facts you pull out of your butt?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:....just wait 5 minutes, Mr Sensible and the crew of ZZZOMGZZMUSTSTARTHIMIMMEADEITLEEE will be here shortly :whistling:
Aren't you like 45?

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 12:58 PM by DewtheMathis.)

"Some of these guys who are going to bad teams are expected to play well right away. It's hard to do that. I've seen a couple guys able to do it. (Ben) Roethlisberger was able to do it. He had a team kind of around him. (Joe) Flacco had some success early but he had a team kind of in place. You go to a place that has some pieces and you can have some success early. But if you go to a team that doesn't have the pieces ... it can really mess with your confidence." -AR

-------------

Is it just me or did Aaron Rodgers say the whole team sucks or that he doesnt think Blake isn't as good as Big Ben was in his rookie year?

kinda surprised by the negativity towards Rodgers. He's arguably a top five QB and sat early in his career.