Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles vs SCAR (Clowney) Game Tape

http://youtu.be/ESC_rbn5Hlg Bortles vs Akron

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5:18 in the akron video was nice. He Hung in there a made a nice throw
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I can't believe that even though I've spent months looking at draft prospects, I always willfully ignore Blake Bortles. 

It was as silly as hearing "Blake" and thinking "Blaine" that instantly turned me off.

Watching these videos - Man, this guy can be very special.

He makes some bad throws here and there, but when you watch him he always looks like he's the best player on the field.  Super excited we got him.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Kind of funny that at the 3:20 mark in the Akron video he makes a play that is almost identical to a play Johnny Manziel made that's been played ad naseum on espn throughout the year in the endless Johnny highlight reel
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Kind of funny that at the 3:20 mark in the Akron video he makes a play that is almost identical to a play Johnny Manziel made that's been played ad naseum on espn throughout the year in the endless Johnny highlight reel
and he didnt throw it up for grabs and get lucky.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 10:34 PM by badger.)

This game was not a good one for him.

He consistently stares down his first read. Most of the game plan was obviously short quick passes. I would recommend other games if you want to see him flourish.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 07:59 AM by Ninja#117.)

Unfortunately Badger most of his games look like this.

Though i will say he did go the medium range more than the SCAR tape and looked like his throws had some snap.

One read, spread offense.  Bust.

32 do you even know what the spread entails? Or do you just assume that since he is in shotgun that he is in the spread? A Pro Style offense includes a tailback and TE, which UCF primarily runs.  It can be under center, I - Formation or in the shotgun.  In the Fiesta bowl UCF ran 4 wr spread, 2 TE shotgun Pro style, 1 TE under center and bunch formations.  They threw everything at the bears.....and did it extremely effectively with the Jags 1st and 7th picks....how about a little excitement here 32?

But yup, let's dog Blake and get on the Morris bandwagon.  His last game was epic....epically bad....12/27 for 160 and a QBR of.....wait for it.....6.5.  Against the same team Blake beat.

One thing is obvious, CLOWNEY is a beast...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Nothing about that first video really makes me go wow, then again I turned it off after 2 or 3 minutes. 

I think he did fine with the pressure he was under. He stepped up, broke tackles, made some plays, and he did it all under pressure. He can get better, and I don't think anyone is denying that. Hell, our GM is telling us that he's likely to sit for a year, but I like what they have to work with in Bortles. 

Quote:32 do you even know what the spread entails? Or do you just assume that since he is in shotgun that he is in the spread? A Pro Style offense includes a tailback and TE, which UCF primarily runs.  It can be under center, I - Formation or in the shotgun.  In the Fiesta bowl UCF ran 4 wr spread, 2 TE shotgun Pro style, 1 TE under center and bunch formations.  They threw everything at the bears.....and did it extremely effectively with the Jags 1st and 7th picks....how about a little excitement here 32?

But yup, let's dog Blake and get on the Morris bandwagon.  His last game was epic....epically bad....12/27 for 160 and a QBR of.....wait for it.....6.5.  Against the same team Blake beat.

Don't worry about him. He's a troll. 

Quote:I think he did fine with the pressure he was under. He stepped up, broke tackles, made some plays, and he did it all under pressure. He can get better, and I don't think anyone is denying that. Hell, our GM is telling us that he's likely to sit for a year, but I like what they have to work with in Bortles.

Don't worry about him. He's a troll.
for a troll he's actually pretty funny.. He carries a entertaining cynicism too him and everyone in a great while posts something genuine (I think).

Quote:for a troll he's actually pretty funny.. He carries a entertaining cynicism too him and everyone in a great while posts something genuine (I think).

Yeah, sometimes. I just don't take him seriously. 

THey may not run a actual "spread" Offense like say Gabbert but the same concepts are there and are overpowering.

Constant simple  A or B combinations and 1 read throws with tons of screen, slants , and hitches with the occasional post. Read option aspects and checkdowns being coached up instead of reading through your 2nd and 3rd option before going for the actual checkdown.

Almost 90% of his throws are from the gun and come on 1 step and throw quick routes just like a spread offense. And anytime he's under center it gets ugly. They may use a pro style personnel set but the concepts and overall style is a spread offense. Kinda like Seattle not really running read option with Russell Wilson but still having that look  and feel of a read option game.

its certainly not a pro style offense like say what LSU ran with Mettenberger or Bridgewater ran in Lousiville or Murray in Georgia and its not close if that what you are implying.

So how is running Seattle type offense bad when your coach was on that coaching staff?  The 49ers run a similar system as well, except the niners incorporate Bruuuuuuce as a full back more.  I would think mimicking those 2 franchises WOULD be a good idea (at least for the play on the field, maybe not so much off of it). 

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 01:27 PM by TrueFan.)

Well, I love what I saw in the videos.  There is very little not to like as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody really gets very close to him, and when someone does come unblocked he is very evasive and accurate dumping it off. 

He seems smart, and clutch, a real leader (Gabby had none of this), and best of all, a WINNER !!

It is going to be so hard waiting for him to get out there - that takes a kind of patience I just don't have.  

It's really happening...  We have a team, a real team.  HURRAY !!!!!

Now, if we can just get some real mean-azz manhandlers on the defensive front to eat some Luck, we might just have something.

For comparison's sake, this from our own Kodiak...

http://blackandteal.com/2013/12/10/2014-...e-bortles/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:One read, spread offense.  Bust.
Ban this guy like ya'll would TMD under the same circumstances.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:For comparison's sake, this from our own Kodiak...

http://blackandteal.com/2013/12/10/2014-...e-bortles/

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of Bortles for that game.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]