Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles vs SCAR (Clowney) Game Tape

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Scene it in many other threads.

My personal favorite in this is how many times he just outruns clowney to avoid the sack. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Scene it in many other threads.
What?

I like how he responded despite turning the ball over and having a tough game. That's what you wanna see in a QB after he makes a mistake.

8:06 is my favorite pass. Love how he stepped up into the pocket. 

Quote:What?
mmhhh I'm to tired to spell.. My bad

Quote:mmhhh I'm to tired to spell.. My bad
I'll let it go this time. 

UCF really, really should have won this game. So much fail on that WR double pass.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:UCF really, really should have won this game. So much fail on that WR double pass.
lots a fail.. And gee thanks swag.

Quote:lots a fail.. And gee thanks swag.
No problem

I love how Clowney had multiple opportunities to sack or tackle Bortles, but Bortles jukes / spins / ran away from / steps up / breaks the tackle or some variation of all of these.

It's kind of funny to see Bortles beating Clowney on what is basically one-on-one on several occasions.  

I like that end zone pass at 1:50. Keeps his cool and picks up the first down despite the free rusher hitting him as he throws. His size definitely comes in handy there, as Teddy or Manziel most likely would have been forced into an errant throw. 

I'm downloading torrents of Bortles' games against Penn State (which will let me look at Robinson too), Louisville, South Carolina, and Baylor. Will be grat reference for what we're looking at with him for the future.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I'm downloading torrents of Bortles' games against Penn State (which will let me look at Robinson too), Louisville, South Carolina, and Baylor. Will be grat reference for what we're looking at with him for the future.
Why not just use draftbreakdown.com? 

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 04:41 AM by KYjaggy.)

Speaking of Penn St...I know I've linked it before but these are my two favorite throws of Bortles' back to back. Throws two dimes to the exact same spot 30 yards downfield, one across his body on a designed rollout and the other after stepping up and adeptly avoiding two pass rushers. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6JLz-M9E8E#t=58

Quote:Why not just use draftbreakdown.com? 
I want to watch the whole games. Cut ups sometimes don't do enough justice.

Also, it's really cool watching Bortles go up against Clowney here. Possible future match up for 10+ years. Bortles pocket presence and toughness was really on display here. I'm just watching several of these plays and imagining Gabbert as the QB in place of Bortles. He would have hit the deck or tried to scurry out of the pocket a bunch of times in these situations instead of keeping cool and looking down field like Bortles is doing here. You just can't teach that kind of toughness man. And it's like the harder it gets the better Bortles performs, which is the exact opposite of Gabbert. Bortles really is Anti-Gabbert.

His size and mobility will definitely come in handy big time against Watt and Clowney, that's for sure. It's really perfect he fell to us, we got the exact kind of QB that's necessary in this division now with Watt and Clowney on the same D-Line. Andrew Luck and Blake Bortles types are probably necessary to survive in this division now. Smaller QBs like Johnny and Teddy would have serious injury concerns.

Speaking of Johnny, there are a lot of plays in that cut up where I can see him running all over the place for no reason too. I didn't want to admit it, but he really does have bad pocket presence and while he turns them into sensational plays thanks to his athleticism, you have to wonder if he will be able to do that in the NFL. I mean, he never showed great pocket presence in college. He had a sixth sense for pressure and knew how to avoid tackles, but he was never good at just stepping up and staying calm, he would feel the pressure and immediately bail. 

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The pitch fake at 1:20.

He just need to work on his ability to read defenses instead of locking on to his first read and he'll be fine. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

He reads defenses fine and actually manages to do well in his progressions, he sometimes trys to force a ball or simply is inaccurate. Regardless, hes never had a QB coach. He's gonna be a stud here.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/