Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Blackmon comes back, do we have the best receiver core in the league?

Quote:you can also look at it this way.

he hasn't shown that he has "rehabbed" himself this entire time.  

he doesn't have to do anything illegal and he can still be never re-instated.

I see your point but keep in mind that while he's suspended, he's also relegated to frequent testing by the NFL. If he were to fail a test... LIFETIME... If he were to miss a test... LIFETIME... The only way that he won't have a lifetime is if he doesn't complete the rehabilitation portion, extending his suspension...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Core - The middle of an apple.

Corps - A defined group with a singular purpose.

Learn it, love it, live it. Tongue

you left one out: 

WR Corpse - Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, Dennis Northcutt

Carry on. 

Quote:He's not coming back

When did you talk to Justin? Fill us in, man! 

No. It's exciting to think about what can happen if they play to their hype, but let's see what these rookies actually do on the field first.

I like SF, GB, DEN, NYG, ARZ, CHI, WSH, DET more just for starters.

Blackmon has plenty of motivation to come back.......not the least which is the MONEY. Plus the chance to be great.......a distinct possibility given our new players.

Quote:you left one out:

WR Corpse - Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, Dennis Northcutt

Carry on.

...and Joey Porter ("Mr. 91%"), and Chad Owens ("Mr. Returnover"), and Troy Williamson ("Mr. Butterfingers"), and Andre Rison ("Mr. Bad Moon"), and Alvis Whitted ("Mr. Runs Straight"), and Tory Holt ("Mr. At Least I Did Something Before I Got Here")
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:I'm beginning to see why you guys didn't like my posting before....

Damn wet blankets
OK... did someone hack TMD's account??? LOL or is the new optimistic tmd

Quote:DC said they haven't heard much about Blackmon, and what they have heard shows he's not moving in the right direction. Translation: he's still partying. Ideally Blackmon should have completed a strenuous rehab program by now and reinforced it with continual sobriety. Millions are on the line and it sounds like he's taken no concrete measures to turn it around. From the evidence I see, he's a goner.

Back off. He's a young man with celebrity status and money, he's allowed to have fun!!

You're just some jealous old fuddy-duddy!!!

Lots of young people stay out until 5am, drive 3x the legal limit drunk, and piss away millions of dollars.

Back off! You're just old!

HE GONE

With Blackmon (on the field and not on suspension), this could arguably be one of the best wide out corps in the league. Without Blackmon, it's still one of the most competitive.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You have to remember though.....If Blackmon does return in 2015, I think they'd let Shorts walk in free agency after this season. 

(Not that it alters your premise) that would still possibly be amongst the league's best WR corps, I'd think.... pending the rookies pan out as expected and remain healthy. 
I think Shorts is traded regardless. This team is potentially deep at receiver.

Right now we're at a point where Ace Sanders will be battling for playing time despite his pretty impressive showings (I know you'll disagree with me on that) and I don't see them limiting Sanders to special teams.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:...and Joey Porter ("Mr. 91%"), and Chad Owens ("Mr. Returnover"), and Troy Williamson ("Mr. Butterfingers"), and Andre Rison ("Mr. Bad Moon"), and Alvis Whitted ("Mr. Runs Straight"), and Tory Holt ("Mr. At Least I Did Something Before I Got Here")
Actually Torry Holt was a pretty good signing if you ask me.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Back off. He's a young man with celebrity status and money, he's allowed to have fun!!

You're just some jealous old fuddy-duddy!!!

Lots of young people stay out until 5am, drive 3x the legal limit drunk, and [BAD WORD REMOVED] away millions of dollars.

Back off! You're just old!
Blackmon is facing issues (alcohol addiction/abuse) that go way beyond football. He has had a serious drinking problem in college (showing up to practice drunk, etc) that was never truly confronted mainly because he was able to still produce on the field so the powers in charge largely ignored it. Unfortunately this same approach will not work in the NFL.

Playing for the Jaguars honestly should be the last thing on his mind. He should be focusing on trying to get clean before anything and removing the negative influences in his life.

Blackmon hasn't been in FL since the accident he had a while back. Instead he has "friends" living in his place here in Jacksonville.

I know some people close to him and he has been back home in Oklahoma and his family is trying to get him some help and have an intervention. 

Honestly I would not count on Blackmon playing next season at all. 2015 would be the most realistic option. 

Quote:Actually that is you taking a lot of liberties. I interpreted it as "I haven't heard much" (from the league) "but it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction (as far as reinstatement) which could be for any number of reasons. The league gave him an indefinite suspension and probably told Dave and Co. to prepare to enter the season without Blackmon. That doesn't mean at all that he's a goner.

Wait a minute. You get the benefit of interpretation, but I take liberties? Quite the self-serving rule you have there.

Blackmon isn't coming back . Unfortunately a waste of talent partly because of mental toughness.. he cant let go

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 08:30 AM by Bullseye.)

I wonder how this draft would have gone had Blackmon not been substance dependent & suspended.

I think we'd have another win or two last year, which would have given us lower draft position.

We might have ended up with Manziel or Bridgewater instead of Bortles.

The second round would have been dramatically different.

Might Caldwell have gone OL with those picks?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Hope for the best, expect the worst...that's all you can do when it comes to Justin Blackmon.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Was it ever stated what he failed? Was it a PED?

He's a drunk loser.

Blackmon is arguably one of the most talented receivers this organization has ever had on the roster.  If by chance he gets his life back on the right path, and they somehow manage to get him back on the field,  I think we'd have one of the best groups in the league.

Unfortunately, it's not sounding too encouraging that he'll be back any time soon.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]