Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL Playoffs

Quote:You can't be serious with this.

Are you mad? The Flyers have fans all around North America. You can't watch a Flyers away game without seeing tons of Orange & Black in the stands. 

YOU can't be serious with the above. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:ok, your sarcastic quip doesnt address the statement you made earlier that the flyers were possibly the most popular team in the sport. it also doesnt address that you said they were more popular than my crappy team. you were wrong on both counts. why cant you discuss that instead of inject garbage into the thread? admit you were wrong for once, boitano. 

Outside of NY nobody gives a rats rear about the Rangers. 

Quote:Are you mad? The Flyers have fans all around North America. You can't watch a Flyers away game without seeing tons of Orange & Black in the stands. 

YOU can't be serious with the above. 
No, the one who is mad is you, and not in a ticked off, upset sort of way.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Outside of NY nobody gives a rats rear about the Rangers. 

youre just an idiot who cant admit when hes wrong. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 03:55 PM by TravC59.)

Very good read here regarding NHL and team popularity. A ranking of all teams is at the bottom. Philly barely cracks the top 10.

Of course my Pens are higher then the Cryers.http://thehockeydaily.com/popular-nhl-teams/

;

Quote:Very good read here regarding NHL and team popularity. A ranking of all teams is at the bottom. Philly barely cracks the top 10.

Of course my Pens are higher then the Cryers.http://thehockeydaily.com/popular-nhl-teams/

yeah i read that earlier pretty thoroughly. the guy is just delusional. i think the entire board at this point realizes he is just a jester. gene smith of the message boards trying to project his "intelligence" on everyone. the reality is he doesnt have half a clue what he is talking about. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 04:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Very good read here regarding NHL and team popularity. A ranking of all teams is at the bottom. Philly barely cracks the top 10.

their top 3 methods of basing this were google searches, twitter and facebook likes, lol. 

If Pittsburgh is ahead of the Flyers its Cindy Crosby fans. If he wasn't there, half the "fan-base" would be gone.....kinda like in real life at that [BAD WORD REMOVED] pile they call an arena...

Flyers fans are lifers, regardless of what "superstar" they may or may not have on the team at a given point. 

Quote:their top 3 methods of basing this were google searches, twitter and facebook likes, lol. 

If Pittsburgh is ahead of the Flyers its Cindy Crosby fans. If he wasn't there, half the "fan-base" would be gone.....kinda like in real life at that [BAD WORD REMOVED] pile they call an arena...

Flyers fans are lifers, regardless of what "superstar" they may or may not have on the team at a given point. 

You're grasping at straws and making excuses.

The Flyers are not as popular as you made them out to be.  Admit you were wrong and move on.  

Quote:their top 3 methods of basing this were google searches, twitter and facebook likes, lol. 

There was no specific order. In today's world basing total popularity of a professional team using searches of the internet is a phenomenal way. It is not only country wide, but world wide. People search their team more then any others whether it be google, twitter, or facebook. I for one, as a Penguins fan only follow the Penguins on Twitter and Facebook. It would only make sense to search those respective sites to see how many fans each have and have that information contribute to what was being compiled.

The Pens had a huge following before Crosby as well. They had a guy named Lemieux play there too.

It's sad you don't know when to say when. You were wrong, just man up. It's more respectable then you spinning things. Again, you're wrong.

;

Quote:You're grasping at straws and making excuses.

The Flyers are not as popular as you made them out to be.  Admit you were wrong and move on.  
He's just letting his MO shine through here.

;

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 04:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:There was no specific order. In today's world basing total popularity of a professional team using searches of the internet is a phenomenal way. It is not only country wide, but world wide. People search their team more then any others whether it be google, twitter, or facebook. I for one, as a Penguins fan only follow the Penguins on Twitter and Facebook. It would only make sense to search those respective sites to see how many fans each have and have that information contribute to what was being compiled.

The Pens had a huge following before Crosby as well. They had a guy named Lemieux play there too.

It's sad you don't know when to say when. You were wrong, just man up. It's more respectable then you spinning things. Again, you're wrong.

LOL, before Crosby....your team was about to move....lol. Once he retires, unless the "next" league superstar is "placed" in Pitt, they'll be lucky to keep that franchise there. 

Keep thinking your team has any real long standing popularity....most of your current "fans" are bandwagoners like the ones that jumped on in the Lemieux and Jagr days.... During the doldrums between the Lemieux and Crosby era's good luck finding many people who'd admit to being a Penguins fan. 

Also, thank your lucky stars the Flyers were eliminated. They crushed you in the season series, and would have likely done the same in the playoffs. At least you have a half a chance now. 

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 04:15 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:LOL, before Crosby....your team was about to move....lol. Once he retires, unless the "next" league superstar is "placed" in Pitt, they'll be lucky to keep that franchise there. 

Keep thinking your team has any real long standing popularity....most of your current "fans" are bandwagoners like the ones that jumped on in the Lemeuix and Jagr days....

Also, thank your lucky stars the Flyers were eliminated. They crushed you in the season series, and would have likely done the same in the playoffs. At least you have a half a chance now. 
How many teams threaten to move to get what they want?? It happens quite often. They got their new arena, it was a move of leverage, come on, I thought of all people you would get this.

I didn't claim anything about longstanding popularity You claimed something, and it's been shredded to bits.. I simply shot your theory out of the water. Like a salmon in a 55 gallon drum. To easy.

I was happy that Philly got beat. That is why I was torn the other night when I was thinking who I'd rather play. Philly has had our number the last few seasons. You somehow got this all screwed up too and thought I had Philly as my secondary team or something. Ha, [BAD WORD REMOVED] on the Flyers.

;

Quote:There was no specific order. In today's world basing total popularity of a professional team using searches of the internet is a phenomenal way. It is not only country wide, but world wide. People search their team more then any others whether it be google, twitter, or facebook. I for one, as a Penguins fan only follow the Penguins on Twitter and Facebook. It would only make sense to search those respective sites to see how many fans each have and have that information contribute to what was being compiled.

super mario. now that was a respectable penguin!

Pretty soon, things will be righted in the hockey world and the Red Wings will be back on top.

Quote:LOL, before Crosby....your team was about to move....lol. Once he retires, unless the "next" league superstar is "placed" in Pitt, they'll be lucky to keep that franchise there. 

Keep thinking your team has any real long standing popularity....most of your current "fans" are bandwagoners like the ones that jumped on in the Lemieux and Jagr days.... During the doldrums between the Lemieux and Crosby era's good luck finding many people who'd admit to being a Penguins fan. 

playoffs are entirely different than regular season. the flyers got knocked out by the rangers. period. so the flyers have/had no shot at beating the pens. second off, the rangers won game one, so probability and odds are in the rangers favor. fandom has to start somewhere and if its because people liked mario lemieux then who cares? get out of here with your conspiracy theory that crosby was "placed" on the team. he isnt even what they all made him out to be. the best player on that team is malkin. sidney is hype. your hockey knowledge almost makes you look like you know about football. ahhahaha

Quote:super mario. now that was a respectable penguin!
Still is!

;

Quote:Pretty soon, things will be righted in the hockey world and the Red Wings will be back on top.
Maybe, not this year though....

;

Quote:playoffs are entirely different than regular season. the flyers got knocked out by the rangers. period. so the flyers have/had no shot at beating the pens. second off, the rangers won game one, so probability and odds are in the rangers favor. fandom has to start somewhere and if its because people liked mario lemieux then who cares? get out of here with your conspiracy theory that crosby was "placed" on the team. he isnt even what they all made him out to be. the best player on that team is malkin. sidney is hype. your hockey knowledge almost makes you look like you know about football. ahhahaha
I am with you there. I was once drawn into Nascar. I was brought to a race in high school and the guy who took me had a suite with about 75-100 folks he worked with. It was awesome. They did some sort of pool where you put in 5 bucks and drew your racer. I got Mark Martin. He took second that race, I was a MM fan from then on. I caught flak from some folks behind my reasoning. I had never been interested before in Nascar up to that point. I had no other driver to root for.

I have since fallen off the Nascar wagon, but I get your point Achilles. Who cares what draws someone into the game, it's a good thing when it does imo.

;

Quote:I am with you there. I was once drawn into Nascar. I was brought to a race in high school and the guy who took me had a suite with about 75-100 folks he worked with. It was awesome. They did some sort of pool where you put in 5 bucks and drew your racer. I got Mark Martin. He took second that race, I was a MM fan from then on. I caught flak from some folks behind my reasoning. I had never been interested before in Nascar up to that point. I had no other driver to root for.

I have since fallen off the Nascar wagon, but I get your point Achilles. Who cares what draws someone into the game, it's a good thing when it does imo.

fans are what keep the sport or team in business. people complain about bandwagon fans all the time. who cares? all the bandwagon fans buying merch and tickets is good for the team. if people want to do that with the jaguars, feel free, welcome on the wagon. we can always use more fans. funny TMD complaining about that kind of thing. he isnt even a real jaguars fan. the dude is an anti-fan. he just comes on these boards to actually get some sort of reaction and conversation. he would probably live a pretty boring life if he wasnt constantly trolling here. 

Quote:How many teams threaten to move to get what they want?? It happens quite often. They got their new arena, it was a move of leverage, come on, I thought of all people you would get this.

I didn't claim anything about longstanding popularity You claimed something, and it's been shredded to bits.. I simply shot your theory out of the water. Like a salmon in a 55 gallon drum. To easy.

I was happy that Philly got beat. That is why I was torn the other night when I was thinking who I'd rather play. Philly has had our number the last few seasons. You somehow got this all screwed up too and thought I had Philly as my secondary team or something. Ha, [BAD WORD REMOVED] on the Flyers.

Good, once someone give Crosby his....and ends his career....your team will likely be forced to move because all of your so called "fans" jumping off the bandwagon.