Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thurmond visiting

Quote:If you actually watched Seattle play last year you would know the kid can ball.

Competition.

Competition that knows the scheme well.  VERY well.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 05:56 PM by basis4day.)

I apologize. when i refered to him as "long" i was incorporating his arm length which allows him to play bigger than he is.

Trust me, hes a great player. If you want to be concerned about him, it's his injury history. Not his ability.

Quote:I apologize. when i refered to him as "long" i was incorporating his arm length which allows him to play bigger than he is.

Trust me, hes a great player. If you want to be concerned about him, it's his injury history. Not his ability.

Yes. Whenever I watched Seattle teams would try and attack him because of Sherman on the other side... to no avail. He made plays
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 05:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes. Whenever I watched Seattle teams would try and attack him because of Sherman on the other side... to no avail. He made plays

This team doesn't have Seattle's front 7...or, Safety tandem, or SHerman....

We'll see. 

Quote:This team doesn't have Seattle's front 7...
....YET

Quote:This team doesn't have Seattle's front 7...or, Safety tandem, or SHerman....

We'll see.

A 1 on 1 fade route is the same thing. He made plays. I saw with my own eyes
Shock the world

Quote:This team doesn't have Seattle's front 7 yet...or, Safety tandem, or SHerman....

We'll see. 
Walter thurmond is visiting and we already have Red Bryant and Winston Guy former Seahawks.

The Seahawks D was built from the DBs forward. What makes it all click however is a FS (Earl Thomas) with ridiculous range who can help over the top if the larger CB gets beat. A consistant pass rush was absent in 2012 and was an offseason priority in 2013.

I'm loving this Free Agency.....can't WAIT until the draft! :woot:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 06:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Walter thurmond is visiting and we already have Red Bryant and Winston Guy former Seahawks.

Shoot, I guess Seattle's reign is over. They must be in full rebuild mode now. :blink:

All of those players were expendable. SEattle will barely feel the loss of any of them. Sure, each of them are nice cogs for us, won't dispute that....but none of them are really making a dent into that Jags W/ L column.  

Quote:Shoot, I guess Seattle's reign is over. They must be in full rebuild mode now. :blink:

All of those players were expendable. SEattle will barely feel the loss of any of them. Sure, each of them are nice cogs for us, won't dispute that....but none of them are really making a dent into that Jags W/ L column.  

These are all peices to the Jags rebuilding puzzle. It's not such a bad thing to grab the expendable players from a Superbowl team. Stop hating to hate. 

Quote:These are all peices to the Jags rebuilding puzzle. It's not such a bad thing to grab the expendable players from a Superbowl team. Stop hating to hate.

Does he think Seattle just became Seattle overnight? Took 4 years, having a plan, sticking to it, preaching competition and constantly bringing in players to compete. Geez, now competition is bad?

Quote:Does he think Seattle just became Seattle overnight? Took 4 years, having a plan, sticking to it, preaching competition and constantly bringing in players to compete. Geez, now competition is bad?

RIGHT?!?! I mean what's so hard to understand. We are getting better! Just need to get that QB!
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 06:48 PM by basis4day.)

Red Bryant will absolutely make you guys better, but he won't jump of the screen. He's a monster run stuffer who draws attention from the OL opening up room for more athletic guys to make plays. Absolute locker room leader. He will lead the change in your culture.

Walter Thurmond (assuming he signs) absolutely makes you guys better so long as he stays healthy. His injuries were freak injuries (Broken bones, ligaments), not minor nicks. He is a playmaker.

Winston Guy is still raw. But showed flashes. Hard to get on the field when you have Kam Chancellor ahead of you on the depth chart.

Quote:This team doesn't have Seattle's front 7...or, Safety tandem, or SHerman....

We'll see. 

Dude, what is your deal?  Noone claimed we have their front 7 or their safeties.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Shoot, I guess Seattle's reign is over. They must be in full rebuild mode now. :blink:

Once, again - terrible attempt at sarcasm or a straw-man, not sure which.

Nobody claimed Seattle's reign is over now that Bryant and Thurmond are gone.

These players COULD, in fact, make our defense much more solid.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yes. Whenever I watched Seattle teams would try and attack him because of Sherman on the other side... to no avail. He made plays
This

He could have easily been exposed but he was just as good on the other side, no one throw Sherman way and this guy held his own

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Free agent CB Thurmond to visit Jaguars

Walter Thurmond III | SEA

(March 11, 2014 4:55 PM EDT)

Free agent CB Walter Thurmond III will visit the Jaguars "within the next 24 hours."

All the former Seahawks defenders want to flock to Jacksonville to play for Gus Bradley. Thurmond was thrust into a starting role last season after Brandon Browner was suspended and handled himself well on the way to a Super Bowl title. He already has a four-game suspension on his record, which will affect his market.

SOURCE: 

ADAM SCHEFTER ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I would not be sad if he signed with us but it is not official yet so just in case i wont hold my breath...

Says a lot about Gus Bradley. Can't get a bigger compliment then former players wanting to play for you on another team.