Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thurmond visiting

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM by haveaseat.)

Per <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter</a> on twitter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Awesome!

Awesome signing if happens
Shock the world

He's not better than Revis Island.

Quote:He's not better than Revis Island.

Ok....???

SAWEET! He will sign with us

Quote:SAWEET! He will sign with us

I hope so! He would start right away with Gratz on the other side.
Shock the world

Awesome. Hopefully his buddy Browner eases his way on out here as well
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Jaguars inquiring about trading for Bruce Irvin.

Quote:Jaguars inquiring about trading for Bruce Irvin.
I wish I was a mod id ban you so fast
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:28 PM by basis4day.)

Hawks fan here.

Thurmond is a great player who was primarly a nickle corner last year. Originally intended to be an outside corner and likely would be if he didn't play for seattle.

When healthy, he is a dynamic player with great lenth.

That being said, his career has been marred by serious injuries. He tore 3 ligements in his knee his final season at Oregon and dropped to the fourth round. Was initially ahead of Richard Sherman on the depth chart before breaking his fibula and being placed on IR in 2011. Was again placed on IR in 2012 after playing i believe one game. Just wasn't able to get going.

Had a solid year in 2013 and was refreshing to Hawks fans as a Nickel corner after frustratitions with an aging Marcus Trufant at that position in 2012. He was suspended 4 games for Substance abuse, believed to be marijuana (NOT PEDs).

When healthy, he is a fantastic player. Should he receive another devastating injury he has admitted he may retire rather than go through the rehab process again.

I would be sad to see him go because he can be a very good player when on the field. He was quite durable in 2013, but frustration with injury history is hard to shake.

Quote:Jaguars inquiring about trading for Bruce Irvin.
This just in: Trolls expected to release JagsFan-32, call him a "total bust and disappointment to the Trolls' proud name."

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Jason La Canfora ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@JasonLaCanfora</span>  17m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Jaguars have visits lined up with LB Dekoda Watson

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">another player

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Walter Thurmond is the dude who help shut down Decker in the super bowl

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Hawks fan here.

Thurmond is a great player who was primarly a nickle corner last year. Originally intended to be an outside corner and likely would be if he didn't play for seattle.

When healthy, he is a dynamic player with great lenth.

That being said, his career has been marred by serious injuries. He tore 3 ligements in his knee his final season at Oregon and dropped to the fourth round. Was initially ahead of Richard Sherman on the depth chart before breaking his fibula and being placed on IR in 2011. Was again placed on IR in 2012 after playing i believe one game. Just wasn't able to get going.

Had a solid year in 2013 and was refreshing to Hawks fans as a Nickel corner after frustratitions with an aging Marcus Trufant at that position in 2012. He was suspended 4 games for Substance abuse, believed to be marijuana (NOT PEDs).

When healthy, he is a fantastic player. Should he receive another devastating injury he has admitted he may retire rather than go through the rehab process again.

I would be sad to see him go because he can be a very good player when on the field. He was quite durable in 2013, but frustration with injury history is hard to shake.

One more serious injury away from retirement? yikes...

whats the point? 

Quote:One more serious injury away from retirement? yikes...

whats the point? 

Do be fair, he said that before the start of last season. Playing a full season (minus the suspension) and winning a SB may have changed this mentality.

whats the point? 

He wont get a huge deal, it will most likely be a lil less then Red Bryant 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin

CB Walter Thurmond to the #Jaguars, per a league source.

Probably spells the end for Will Blackmon, but a nice get all the same.

whats the point?

Eh, I think its worth the gamble depending on the contract.

Quote:Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin

CB Walter Thurmond to the #Jaguars, per a league source.
WOOOT!