Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duff gone

Wow. And to think that only yesterday there was a topic talking about how all the other coaches wanted to stay. Guess not...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Caldwell:  

Quote:"It was a great opportunity for coach Duffner and his family to go down there where he can work with guys that he has a longstanding relationship with. And it gives us an opportunity to bring some new ides in here to our linebacker group." 

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM by LMD.)

Quote:Not sure why anyone would like Duffner from a perspective of actual job performance. 

Seems like all the people saying they liked Duff have some personal reason not related to his player developmental responsibilities. 

A guy like Jerry Sullivan should be liked. A bum like Duffner, shouldn't. 

Because Duffner never performed like a Johnny Cox. The story of the Jags LB group under Duffner was he'd have a couple of standouts and then a bunch of guys who never really went to do anything elsewhere. But the linebackers were never as glaring of a hole as the wide receivers who for close to a decade couldn't catch or get any separation, or the defensive line who couldn't figure out how to get pressure, etc. etc..

Could Duff be upgraded? Yeah, there's probably better guys out there. But, there's also a lot worse. I know there's a lot of people on this board who think that every single player and coach on the team should be HOF worthy or else they're a bust, but that's not how it works. Duff was handed a bunch of garbage-mediocrity at best through his 8 years and outside of Clint Ingram post-Collier shooting and Bosworth-as-a-starter, linebacker was never an area where the team needed to worry. There were obviously times where it was upgradable, but never was it close to being the weakest position on the roster. I think that says a lot.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

I, for one, am looking forward to the inevitable upheaval that will result when a LB coach that wasn't on a certain somebody's wish list is hired for the position.

It's gonna be awesome-slash-embarrassing.

Quote:I, for one, am looking forward to the inevitable upheaval that will result when a LB coach that wasn't on a certain somebody's wish list is hired for the position.

It's gonna be awesome-slash-embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure that certain someone couldn't name 2 available LB coaches right now, let alone form a wish list...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'm pretty sure that certain someone couldn't name 2 available LB coaches right now, let alone form a wish list...

Thats stupid. So, because I don't have a LB coach available list in front of me, I can't have an opinion on one if/ when hired??? smh, ridiculous. 

Quote:Thats stupid. So, because I don't have a LB coach available list in front of me, I can't have an opinion on one if/ when hired??? smh, ridiculous.

Well....lets hear your wish list then.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Well....lets hear your wish list then.

*Comes up with something outlandish to ensure he will be able to [BLEEP] and moan about it when it doesn't happen

Quote:Well....lets hear your wish list then.

I don't have a list of available LB coaches in front of me. 

But when Jax hires one its easy to judge resumes at that point. 

Quote:I don't have a list of available LB coaches in front of me. 

But when Jax hires one its easy to judge resumes at that point. 

Holy hell I cannot believe you just admitted this….

LAWLZ!!!!!!!!

Quote:Holy hell I cannot believe you just admitted this….

LAWLZ!!!!!!!!

Are you mad??

Who has a list of LB candidates in front of them?? 

When Jax hires someone, I'll base praise/ criticism off of how impressive their credentials are. 

Thats a knee slapper, huh?? :wacko: 

Quote:Are you mad??

Who has a list of LB candidates in front of them?? 

When Jax hires someone, I'll base praise/ criticism off of how impressive their credentials are. 

Thats a knee slapper, huh?? :wacko:

You don't judge anyone off credentials, you judge them off of the fact the Jaguars hired them. That's all you need to know to make a ..errr…"informed" decision.

You liked Bradley, Jags hired Bradley, you ceased liking Bradley. It's like clockwork. It's soooooooooo predictable, and best of all you just admitted it in your last post.

YOU ARE A CLOWN.

I would take Kevin Greene if he's available.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Shoulda read before I posted.. he is taking a hiatus to be with his family.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 11:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You don't judge anyone off credentials, you judge them off of the fact the Jaguars hired them. That's all you need to know to make a ..errr…"informed" decision.

You liked Bradley, Jags hired Bradley, you ceased liking Bradley. It's like clockwork. It's soooooooooo predictable, and best of all you just admitted it in your last post.

YOU ARE A CLOWN.

oh look troll bait. yawn. maybe he'll incite me to say something so I get banned.... hahaha

Blah blah liked bradley didn't like bradley....bradley was choice #6 on my head coach list last year. who cares. 

I admitted not having a list of available LB coaches and reserving judgement when the Jags hire the LB coach as to praise or criticise the guy. I've praised Jags additions in the past so to act that every single assistant coach hire is dissed is false. I was big time excited when it appeared the Jags were going to get Pete Carmichael as OC only for him to turn them down. 

But, nice try in getting me to get myself banned. Too bad. Laughing

Quote:oh look troll bait. yawn. maybe he'll incite me to say something so I get banned.... hahaha

Blah blah liked bradley didn't like bradley....bradley was choice #6 on my head coach list last year. who cares.

I admitted not having a list of available LB coaches and reserving judgement when the Jags hire the LB coach as to praise or criticise the guy. I've praised Jags additions in the past so to act that every single assistant coach hire is dissed is false. I was big time excited when it appeared the Jags were going to get Pete Carmichael as OC only for him to turn them down.

But, nice try in getting me to get myself banned. Too bad. Laughing

Not exactly sure what you figured I thought you'd say to get yourself banned, but that wasn't my intention.

Just calling you out on your everlasting "schtick" that we have all grown so fond of.

Quote:Not exactly sure what you figured I thought you'd say to get yourself banned, but that wasn't my intention.

Just calling you out on your everlasting "schtick" that we have all grown so fond of.

What schtick? I said, I'd wait until the hire to praise/ bash it. 

You are like a child (or worse) with your bloodthirsty-like reading into something that was said. 

Bloodthirsty child.

....sounds about right.

Quote:Wow. And to think that only yesterday there was a topic talking about how all the other coaches wanted to stay. Guess not...

Time to update your sig!

Quote:The Jags sign at least 2 Pro Bowl players in Free Agency. (Blank)

Paul Posluszny was aquired in free agency and he's made the Pro Bowl.  So now it's 1/2.

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:Time to update your sig!

Paul Posluszny was aquired in free agency and he's made the Pro Bowl.  So now it's 1/2.

As a replacement. Not the same thing. 

Garrard made the Pro Bowl too a few years ago as a replacement....