Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags War Room - upgrades

Quote:Everyone needs to realize/remember that the picture:

1)   was taken early and "reported" out of context.

2)   was actually rather humorous

3)   means nothing to anyone in the world other than a few Jaguars fans who think it means something

Exactly.

I dont get what the fuss and paranoia is all about. In previous years the NFLN would show various "war rooms" with people leaving and entering at various times.

Quote:The people who think that photo means something are the same ones who think KFC puts an addictive chemical in their chicken.

I cant lie, I am addicted to the new GO cups. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought I was addicted to KFC but then I experienced the much less expensive and better Publix fried chicken.

Quote:No, thats something McDonalds would probably do. 

Many on the board think you're in the best position to know.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Many on the board think you're in the best position to know.
Naah... they don't tell the French Fry guy corporate secrets.

Personally i thought it was boss mode when i first saw the pic. Maybe i like to be optimistic but it had a gritty putting in hard work off the camera feel.

Quote:This picture cracks me up every time I see it.  Definitely seems obvious the NFL network was trying to make us look bad.  Everyone else looks like they are preparing for the space shuttle launch where as our room looks like two frat guys playing pull my finger and telling [BAD WORD REMOVED] jokes.  I really don't care though, I know there is a lot more preparation going on behind the scenes.

Maybe this picture was taken AFTER the space shuttle launch and everyone went to lunch/dinner, except the 2 extreme workaholics who want to make sure everything is perfect even after the launch, stayed behind, or maybe they just weren't hungry.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:The optimist = the glass is half full

The pessimist = the glass is half empty

TMD = the glass is dirty and we spent too much on it. We had a chance at a much better glass, but we blew it. This glass is always gonna stink and I am fairly certain its contents are poisoned.

Now this is pretty funny.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This picture cracks me up every time I see it.  Definitely seems obvious the NFL network was trying to make us look bad.  Everyone else looks like they are preparing for the space shuttle launch where as our room looks like two frat guys playing pull my finger and telling [BAD WORD REMOVED] jokes.  I really don't care though, I know there is a lot more preparation going on behind the scenes.

LOL, all the Jags picture needs is a couch for those 2 to sit on and some subtitles saying "Uhh, huh - huh.....we're Gee 'emmms.....uh, huh, huh.....I get to make a drr-aft suuul-leck-tion......huh, huh this is cool.....heh, yeah, NO WAY Butthhead, its my turn!!.......Shut up, dumb [BAD WORD REMOVED] you'll ruin it!......heh, heh, oh, yeah......right....hmmm.....heh heh....

by the way, for the humor challenged - the above was a joke. Just a joke. (and pretty funny too, if I do say so myself)

(I know, I know....thats stuff is frowned upon) but y'know...

TMD = the glass is dirty and we spent too much on it. We had a chance at a much better glass, but we blew it. This glass is always gonna stink and I am fairly certain its contents are poisoned.

Laughing Laughing not bad, but....

And with the past 14 seasons in Jags land, that last one is closer to the truth of all 3 :yes:

If you were honest and keeping it real, you'd admit it. 

I shouldn't be the only one angry at our current state and pessimistic about the future given the current divisional environment. 

I'll give them credit when consistent winning proves they are making the right moves. Too much of a losing track record over the last 14 years to freely give any benefit of the doubt. 

Some of you guys are just too passive/ accept too much that the organization feeds you. 

That don't get anything done/ fixed. They need to know that we are upset and won't settle for the status quo!

<bangs fist on table> Sam Kouvaris would agree!!!

Quote:I thought I was addicted to KFC but then I experienced the much less expensive and better Publix fried chicken.

Yuck KFC, publix spicy fried chicken is heavenly though. 

Quote:If Warford was the 17th highest grade... why did he last until round 3 exactly?
I don't know why he lasted that long, but when I see that happen I pick 'em.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 01:33 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:And how can the best player in round 4 have a lower grade than the best player in round 5

Doesn't that mean the round 5 guy should have gone in round 4

What are all these NFL scouts missing from their extensive experience and dedication that NFL.com found

Every scouting department should be fired for letting that 85.2 player drop to the 5th when he was a potential Probowler

Don't you dare take into account scheme.. Team need... Personality or play style...no its all on that NFL.com rating

I mean the cards have benefited so much from okafors starting impact that one tackle he made this year

life is not a stat line so just put down the Madden controller and step away from the shrine to Brian angers third round selection... Its going to be ok

Two different places on Alex Okafor's draft analysis written by the scouts and draft experts at NFL.com specifically mention that he's a 4-3 defensive end. This underscores the fact pretty plainly.

Read it again:

Best as a strong-side 4-3 end providing strength against the run and some pass rush 

He projects as a true left defensive end in the NFL.

Credit the Cardinals for drafting Alex Okafor, but crown them king of idiots for attempting to play him out of position at 3-4 OLB.

Read more of Okafor's analysis:

lacks short-area quickness to play standing up in the NFL. Runs high and stiff when dropping into coverage or trying to change directions quickly in the open field.

You mention he had just one tackle for the Cardinals after a superficial glance at stats perhaps...

Alex tore his biceps muscle playing 3-4 OLB. He was placed on the injured reserves.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinal...ck_check=1

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:See, I had the same reaction. Yet, the usual suspects had to go into immediate damage control upon seeing that shot. 

At least you're keepin it real, here. 

I hope that they do the same thing for the 2014 draft

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM by ukjag34.)

I didn't see the injured reserve oddly both the 4th and 5th picks you suggested ended up with season ending injuries which is tough luck

nevertheless you happily made my point though with your comment

Should the cardinals change there defensive scheme to best suit a 4th rounder?

Why draft him if he doesn't fit your scheme or have what you want in a player

Caldwell wanted speed and drafted to.add explosiveness l and speed as per his philosophy

Bap is great provided he fits your ethos and you don't have talent at the position already

Roflmao

Quote:I didn't see the injured reserve oddly both the 4th and 5th picks you suggested ended up with season ending injuries which is tough luck

nevertheless you happily made my point though with your comment

Should the cardinals change there defensive scheme to best suit a 4th rounder?

Why draft him if he doesn't fit your scheme or have what you want in a player

Caldwell wanted speed and drafted to.add explosiveness l and speed as per his philosophy

Bap is great provided he fits your ethos and you don't have talent at the position already

You don't get it, do you? (and you never will) 

Let's watch the so called fourth rounder against Eric Fisher, the top pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

http://youtu.be/l5Cw0VbX4vc?t=1m8s

Scheme? Fit?

Whoa there Nellie. Bending spoons? What's that?

You take the best football players you can possibly get. You have absolutely NO IDEA what's going to happen unless you're the Amazing Kreskin.

[Image: %24(KGrHqN,!h8E9bk0JcMiBPdv7OM!kg~~60_1.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 03:01 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote: 

That don't get anything done/ fixed. They need to know that we are upset and won't settle for the status quo!

<bangs fist on table> Sam Kouvaris would agree!!!
LOL!  So you think a franchise should be run based on the rantings of an attention starved fry cook (who doesn't even buy tickets) on their message board????    Now THAT is comedy gold!  

"Who should we take with our first pick?   Gee, I dunno, CHECK THE MESSAGE BOARD QUICK!"  

LOL   :teehee:

I don't go by the media. One year Mel Kiper wanted the Jags to trade their first round pick for Jason Taylor for goodness sake.

The next all of the guru's at nfl.com wanted the Jags to draft Mark Sanchez.

It's a joke I tell you, a joke.

yummy publix chicken.  My 5 years in Middle America exile, I really missed the Publix deli.  Now I'm back and the spicy breaded and unbreaded wings are all mine.  Bye Bye New Year's resolution Wink

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:yummy publix chicken. My 5 years in Middle America exile, I really missed the Publix deli. Now I'm back and the spicy breaded and unbreaded wings are all mine. Bye Bye New Year's resolution Wink

Oh man, I miss the publix deli!! We used to get some subs, some beers and head to the beach in fernindina... best subs I've ever had. Don't know how that fire station sub joint could stay in business with a publix in throwing distance from their store!

Quote:You don't get it, do you? (and you never will) 

you can try and make other peoples opinions look as ridiculous as you like but at no point did i say i could see the future

just as much as you can't see what okafor will become because nfl.com gave him a high grade

okafor looks like a good player  from that clip but every scout saw that footage right there and despite that left him alone until the 4th round

thats a warning sign to me and suggests there may be another factor going against him

all this tells me is that you will tout whoever nfl.com advises is the top player in that round regardless of any other factors

and all i'm saying is that bap is a concept i agree with if  you have the need and the player fits into what your trying to develop

you don't take a very slow strong guard if you want your line to move around  and get out on screens or sweeps or if you already have a very good guard

if it ent broke don't fix it

no bending spoons just common sense