Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags War Room - upgrades

Any word on the new computers the team ordered for the upcoming draft?  

[Image: jags1_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=431&q=85]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you did your job right you won't need 30 laptops.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

LOL....we were just discussing this elsewhere. 

That looked real bad. Funny, but real bad. 

Personally, I think that shot was used on purpose as the networks love taking shots at us, But, whatever. 

They came in last year.  

[Image: dwq4i.jpg]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

A nod to the previous regime, Khan is putting up the Gene Smith Memorial dartboard.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Love how people made a big deal because everyone didnt arrive yet lol 

Looks like Gene Smith in the Titans War Room. We can only hope.

That pic still makes me lol.

Quote:That pic still makes me lol.

Exactly. You and the million+ people who saw it that day. 

I'm just hoping it ticked Shad off. If so, something like that will never happen again. 

My guess is they'll prepare the room a little more in advance this year!

It's funny but let's be honest.  Is there really a point in a bunch of people sitting in one room with paper all over the place?  We kinda have, you know, technology now and stuff.  

Lots of GMs don't give TV access to their war-room except under their own terms and at the time they deem it acceptable.  There was a discussion about this last year on ESPN after the draft when Dallas and some other team had their boards picked apart by snoops who zoomed in on the various pics and screen-grabs that were allowed out there. 

Has it not occurred to you guys that this "pre-draft" photo was all Caldwell gave NFL network/ESPN to work with out of privacy??

Notice in the shot he did let out - the camera is positioned where you can't zoom in on any relevant info.(opposed to the chefs)  This may have just been our new GM being smart. They obviously had the 'war-room' ready to go long before the draft began, people.  

[Image: dwq4i.jpg]

Quote:Exactly. You and the million+ people who saw it that day.

I'm just hoping it ticked Shad off. If so, something like that will never happen again.

Not sure why it mattered? It just looked funny, maybe Shad has a sense of humour?

Are you north east great football thinkers a little thin skinned?

Quote:It's funny but let's be honest.  Is there really a point in a bunch of people sitting in one room with paper all over the place?  We kinda have, you know, technology now and stuff.  

No not really a point other than to look busy for the cameras, adds more suspense.  NFL prob did what TMD said and took early footage to make the team look silly.  Even if they had every move on those sheets of paper, its still a bad look. 

I hope Shad took it all with a grain of salt, if he even knew about it, and moved on He has more important things to worry about than lame attempts at making his organization look amateurish.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

WUT?

As soon as Gene Smith's scouting department came into the war room, the Jaguars' draft went down-hill.

In round three, University of Kentucky OG Larry Warford had a 88.3 draft grade, the seventeenth highest draft grade in the entire 2013 NFL Draft. UConn CB Gratz had a 62.1 draft grade. We took a less talented player - by far. The full Jaguars' war room drafted Gratz and Warford was selected with the very next pick.

Here's what those grades mean:

85-95    Immediate Starter    1st    An impact player with the ability/intangibles to become a Pro Bowl player. Expect to start immediately except in a unique situation (i.e. behind a veteran starter).

50-69    Draftable Player    4th-7th    A prospect with the ability to make team as a backup/role player. Needs to be a special teams contributor at applicable positions. Players in the high range of this category might have long-term potential.

As you see, Caldwell is making the same mistakes we always make. Gratz wasn't even close to the best player available and our offense paid for NOT drafting the classic John Madden big, fat guy Warford.

In round four, Ace Sanders draft grade was 68.0. Texas DE Alex Okafor's draft grade? 85.2, which easily made him the best player available.

Round five? Denard Robinson, a player without a proven position, graded at  70.3 . Meanwhile, Alabama DT Jesse Williams had a 85.5 draft grade. Instead of taking the best player available (Jesse Williams) we took a player with no proven ability to play a position.

There is nothing dumber than needs drafting. Not only does it protect less talented players by avoiding better football players, it avoids spawning camp competition, the key to improving your football team.

Warford, Okafor, and Williams carried first round draft grades, but they also represented the best player available. Why would we NOT want to get better at OG, DE, and DT, or at the very least improve our depth at those positions with first round quality talent?

Who cares about war room cam? The rest of the NFL makes us a laughing stock because we're doing this to ourselves every single draft.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote: WUT?

As soon as Gene Smith's scouting department came into the war room, the Jaguars' draft went down-hill.

In round three, University of Kentucky OG Larry Warford had a 88.3 draft grade, the seventeenth highest draft grade in the entire 2013 NFL Draft. UConn CB Gratz had a 62.1 draft grade. We took a less talented player - by far. The full Jaguars' war room drafted Gratz and Warford was selected with the very next pick.

Here's what those grades mean:

85-95    Immediate Starter    1st    An impact player with the ability/intangibles to become a Pro Bowl player. Expect to start immediately except in a unique situation (i.e. behind a veteran starter).

50-69    Draftable Player    4th-7th    A prospect with the ability to make team as a backup/role player. Needs to be a special teams contributor at applicable positions. Players in the high range of this category might have long-term potential.

As you see, Caldwell is making the same mistakes we always make. Gratz wasn't even close to the best player available and our offense paid for NOT drafting the classic John Madden big, fat guy Warford.

In round four, Ace Sanders draft grade was 68.0. Texas DE Alex Okafor's draft grade? 85.2, which easily made him the best player available.

Round five? Denard Robinson, a player without a proven position, graded at  70.3 . Meanwhile, Alabama DT Jesse Williams had a 85.5 draft grade. Instead of taking the best player available (Jesse Williams) we took a player with no proven ability to play a position.

There is nothing dumber than needs drafting. Not only does it protect less talented players by avoiding better football players, it avoids spawning camp competition, the key to improving your football team.

Warford, Okafor, and Williams carried first round draft grades, but they also represented the best player available. Why would we NOT want to get better at OG, DE, and DT, or at the very least improve our depth at those positions with first round quality talent?

Who cares about war room cam? The rest of the NFL makes us a laughing stock because we're doing this to ourselves every single draft.
oh boy. you are a special kind of person.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 07:03 PM by Joe.)

I don't think I have cared about anything less than the interior design of a war room.

We should have members of the O-Line arm wrestling members of the D-Line in our "war room" on draft day. 

And some sort of swimsuit contest.

You're Welcome.

Quote:oh boy. you are a special kind of person.

Gus Bradley needs to use that just get better stuff on his own scouting department. The mildew left behind by Gene Smith is his now.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif