Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida playing first OOC game out of state since 1991

Quote:I love bringing up the fact of OOC outside of the state of Florida.  As if traveling inside the SEC doesnt count to playing tough games on the road.

Lets forget the fact that Florida has had a strong strength of schedule for how many years now?

I thought the premise of this thread was about UF playing a OOC opponent outside the state of Florida
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

nice

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM by badger.)

Quote:I thought the premise of this thread was about UF playing a OOC opponent outside the state of Florida

but the point is that its stupid for an FSU fan to bring that up since they play in the ACC... which is a joke to be honest

Quote:Throw that in with Clemson too. Next year is our best home schedule in some time with Clemson, Notre Dame, and UF at home.

why do all that when you can cruise through the ACC and still make the NC???  Its just like old times.

Quote:why do all that when you can cruise through the ACC and still make the NC???  Its just like old times.
sounds like a personal problem. The voters had no issue with a team that dominated #3, 7, 20, 25, and Florida lol.

Quote:They typically play one tough out of conference game a year.  If they didnt play that game and UF year in and year out, they could have been Ohio State this year.
not really, UF hurt them this year, other than that the ranking is deserved.

Quote:They typically play one tough out of conference game a year.  If they didnt play that game and UF year in and year out, they could have been Ohio State this year.

We actually beat the top 10 team we played and destroyed our opponents. Ohio State did not. Noles are legit, Ohio State isn't. Not seeing the comparison.

Quote:why do all that when you can cruise through the ACC and still make the NC???  Its just like old times.

4-8 will make you really bitter so I understand. They have therapy for these types of things.

Quote:but the point is that its stupid for an FSU fan to bring that up since they play in the ACC... which is a joke to be honest
Last I checked FSU beat 4 ranked teams this year and beat them handedly, of which all were in the ACC, not to mention an SEC team at their place, but hey lets not let facts get in the way here. Its ok bro we get it, your upset your team didn't do well this year.

Quote:4-8 will make you really bitter so I understand. They have therapy for these types of things.

how was that being bitter? all i said was that it makes more sense to schedule cream puffs if playing a difficult schedule is not required to play in a NC game. cruise through the ACC like usual and dont bother taking any risks cause it isn't necessary

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 02:51 PM by badger.)

Quote:sounds like a personal problem. The voters had no issue with a team that dominated #3, 7, 20, 25, and Florida lol.
that is my point. the voters have no problem with an easy schedule. run through the ACC and that is enough to get in

Clemson is 12 th, duke is 24th. number 3? FSU beat Alabama? was this in your dreams?

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 02:57 PM by badger.)

Quote:Last I checked FSU beat 4 ranked teams this year and beat them handedly, of which all were in the ACC, not to mention an SEC team at their place, but hey lets not let facts get in the way here. Its ok bro we get it, your upset your team didn't do well this year.
one word: duke

yes, the ACC is a joke.

check again. FSU beat 2 ranked teams: duke (acc beneficiary), Clemson (also glad to be in ACC). how did you present facts? FSU fanboy spin does not equate to facts. if FSU beat the number 1 team in week 1, and then that team loses every game, do you still consider that beating a top ranked team?

I don't get why everyone is acting like Florida is the headliner here.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 03:24 PM by Jags4life0428.)

Quote:one word: duke

yes, the ACC is a joke.

check again. FSU beat 2 ranked teams: duke (acc beneficiary), Clemson (also glad to be in ACC). how did you present facts? FSU fanboy spin does not equate to facts. if FSU beat the number 1 team in week 1, and then that team loses every game, do you still consider that beating a top ranked team?
sigh..

Clemson, Miami, Maryland, and duke all ranked teams we beat in the ACC, all ranked at time we played them. You calling anyone a fanboy is laughable, your orange and blue glasses are always on.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 04:04 PM by badger.)

Quote:sigh..

Clemson, Miami, Maryland, and duke all ranked teams we beat in the ACC, all ranked at time we played them. You calling anyone a fanboy is laughable, your orange and blue glasses are always on.
you can't even answer my question. if the number 1 preseason team goes winless, do you think whoever they played week 1 will be considered to have beaten the number 1 team at season's end?

Maryland and Miami are not ranked bro

Quote:2010-2011 Oklahoma home and home. 2012 West Virginia until they canceled. 2014 Oklahoma state. You are the clown.

Don't forget about Auburn and USC canceling.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:one word: duke

yes, the ACC is a joke.

Be honest..how mad are you that FSU is in the national title game?

Also, why do you keep pointing out that the ACC is a joke? No one on here is claiming this conference is any good. We know the ACC is terrible.

Quote:Be honest..how mad are you that FSU is in the national title game?

Also, why do you keep pointing out that the ACC is a joke? No one on here is claiming this conference is any good. We know the ACC is terrible.

im like so mad bro.

apparently some people need to be reminded that the ACC is one of the weaker conferences in college football.  some of these guys think FSU has legitimately played a tough schedule. "OH WUT ABOUT #3, #7... WE BEAT THEM BAD DOOD!"

Yes, you beat Clemson and Miami with ease, but lets not skew the fact that neither of those teams are what they were portrayed to be earlier in the year.  Then I'm accused of skewing the facts when I'm actually shedding light on the real FACT that BCS rankings dont freeze the strength of schedule in week 1 or whenever fans please.

Quote:how was that being bitter? all i said was that it makes more sense to schedule cream puffs if playing a difficult schedule is not required to play in a NC game. cruise through the ACC like usual and dont bother taking any risks cause it isn't necessary

You are bitter and it shows up in everyone of your posts. Like I said, 4-8 will do that to you.

Quote:im like so mad bro.

apparently some people need to be reminded that the ACC is one of the weaker conferences in college football. some of these guys think FSU has legitimately played a tough schedule. "OH WUT ABOUT #3, #7... WE BEAT THEM BAD DOOD!"

Yes, you beat Clemson and Miami with ease, but lets not skew the fact that neither of those teams are what they were portrayed to be earlier in the year. Then I'm accused of skewing the facts when I'm actually shedding light on the real FACT that BCS rankings dont freeze the strength of schedule in week 1 or whenever fans please.

You really got FSU fans with your bitterness there. What will we ever do? Guess we will just have to watch our team play in the NT game.