Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida playing first OOC game out of state since 1991

I never thought I'd see the day.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/college-footba...ys-classic

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder who'll be coaching the Gators by then?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

47-14 Michigan..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Atleast they didn't sign up to play the Idaho Vandals like FSU... can it get any easier for Jimbo?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 02:04 PM by Scarecrow.)

I'll be impressed when they play their first OOC game north of the Mason-Dixon line.  

UF easy. If we're not a powerhouse by then, I'll be pretty surprised.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I just think its funny when an FSU fan points this out.  They travel to play you guys every other year and play you on a yearly basis.  That should be one of the top teams in the nation year in and year out, right?

Whats the difference of having a flight another hour or two longer?  Its a stupid statistic, but whatever makes you guys feel better.

Quote:I just think its funny when an FSU fan points this out.  They travel to play you guys every other year and play you on a yearly basis.  That should be one of the top teams in the nation year in and year out, right?

Whats the difference of having a flight another hour or two longer?  Its a stupid statistic, but whatever makes you guys feel better.

Who do you root for again?  

Quote:Atleast they didn't sign up to play the Idaho Vandals like FSU... can it get any easier for Jimbo?

You're right.  Instead they signed up to play Georgia Southern (who lost to Wofford, Samford and Furman) who beat them while only attempting 3 passes.  In fact, the gators hurt our strength of schedule significantly and definitely made it easy for Jimbo.

At the end of the day this is all about money.  Lets be honest, Florida is playing this game because of the huge payout.  Otherwise it would be in their financial interest to keep playing cupcakes at home.  They fill the stadium and bring in all that revenue.

Schools like FSU, much to their chagrin, dont have quite the same luxury.  When they play an out of conference team like Idaho, their stadium is half empty.  Add in the payment you make to Idaho to come all that way for a game and the dollars dont quite work out the same.

if i was an AD in the SEC, i would avoid scheduling difficult OOC games.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:At the end of the day this is all about money.  Lets be honest, Florida is playing this game because of the huge payout.  Otherwise it would be in their financial interest to keep playing cupcakes at home.  They fill the stadium and bring in all that revenue.

Schools like FSU, much to their chagrin, dont have quite the same luxury.  When they play an out of conference team like Idaho, their stadium is half empty.  Add in the payment you make to Idaho to come all that way for a game and the dollars dont quite work out the same.

florida didn't have that luxury this year.  The stadium was empty (figure of speech) for many of their games.  They struggled last year as well and that was with a 2 loss team. 

Quote:Atleast they didn't sign up to play the Idaho Vandals like FSU... can it get any easier for Jimbo?

45-17

23-19

33-20

41-14

Idaho gave us a tougher game than your Canes did.

Quote:if i was an AD in the SEC, i would avoid scheduling difficult OOC games.

LSU, Georgia, and Alabama seem to do alright scheduling difficult OOC games.

Quote:LSU, Georgia, and Alabama seem to do alright scheduling difficult OOC games.

i dont know why they do it. i guess maybe they think it makes them a better team if they are tested early. i just dont agree with that. the SEC conference schedule is hard enough.

Quote:Who do you root for again?  

I went to UCF and played there....otherwise I'm pretty darn neutral.

UF fans annoyed me when they were on top because of some of the dumb stuff they said and FSU fans say some pretty dumb things as well.

I've explained it time and time again. I am not sure why it's so difficult for some to understand.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM by badger.)

in CFB, one loss can break your season, so it just doesn't make sense to risk it if you are a title contender. Auburn nearly lost to Wazzu, so they are lucky to be where they are. the game is also meaningless. that win did nothing for them that a blowout creampuff win wouldn't.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 05:16 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

"You don't get these opportunities very often,'' Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley said in an official statement.

So they just conveniently forget that they bailed on Nebraska, Penn State,etc out of state  back in the day.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:florida didn't have that luxury this year.  The stadium was empty (figure of speech) for many of their games.  They struggled last year as well and that was with a 2 loss team. 

well they may not have has as many butts in the seats but they sold the tix.  Nearly 85k for GaSouthern late in the year.  FSU had only 65k for Idaho.  Maybe 20k isnt that big a deal but at lets say 30 bucks a ticket, that definitely changes the financial landscape.  Especially when you have to pay 500k-800k just to get that team to come play you.

I know my school Vandy does home and homes with the likes of UMass because we can only afford to pay so many cupcakes.  While schools like Florida rake in the cash for games like that.