Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu A Long Term Fixture?

Quote:FWIW - D6 and I were talking about his improved play a week ago in the Ryan Davis thread. There was also a prior article in the Times-Union about it that prompted Alfie's write up I presume.  Add in Bradley and Babich talking him up in a press conference 3 days ago and - well - we're going to discuss it here.  He's gotten better.
but Trunt has seen every play

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So I haven't watched him on every play and every game but going by the coaches film from the tinhorns game I see D-lineman who lacks penetration and pass rush but makes up for it in run support and gap responsibility. He has excellent lateral movement and can hold his gap even when double teamed. He may not be the flashy sacker that show up on the highlight reel every game but guys like Alualu are vital to a defense since they can be relied on play after play and they make the LB's job so much easier.

Quote:FWIW - D6 and I were talking about his improved play a week ago in the Ryan Davis thread. There was also a prior article in the Times-Union about it that prompted Alfie's write up I presume.  Add in Bradley and Babich talking him up in a press conference 3 days ago and - well - we're going to discuss it here.  He's gotten better.  

You can still hate the pick - but you can also go ahead and  be glad this coaching staff has turned an apparent bust 1st rounder into a salvageable DE.  It's not so bad. LOL.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread... I thought he played ok in the Texans game. I also said it is nothing to brag about, which it isn't. He had a few QB pressures. I'm not going to be all over his jock like jackinblack is or Tommy is. Besides last week he has been virtually invisible this entire season. Forgive me for not wanting to claim him to be a long term fixture at the position because of a few QB hurries and 2 tackle for loss. Just how I feel.

Mad at the pick? What is it now? Five years ago? I think that position could be upgraded and it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Quote:but Trunt has seen every play

Please jackinblack you don't want to go there again and get embarrassed. Just let the adults speak.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM by trunt87.)

Deleted.

Quote:Lags will be putting up some video in his film segment this week showing Alualu blowing some dude up completely. From the game Thur.

He put Duane Brown on his butt.

Quote:Yeah because in this day in age it is impossible to rewind and watch other players. 

I think they call it DVR or TIVO or something.  Check it out.  Fascinating feature. 

I think its fascinating that you watched every play in every game for one player. 

How many players do you pay this much attention to?

Quote:U guys are r right I'm wrong. I like being wrong. All da time NYC jAgs is da man. And everyone else is too. I love selfish

This has got to be a 2nd (3rd? 10th?) account for ctjags. 

Similar incoherent posting styles. 

Quote:He put Duane Brown on his butt.

One thing is for certain, he most definitely did not do this.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:I think its fascinating that you watched every play in every game for one player.

How many players do you pay this much attention to?

A lot of players. You act like it is hard or something.

Quote:One thing is for certain, he most definitely did not do this.
[Image: 3tefHcd.png]

Guess you need to pay more attention when you watch him specifically, huh?

Garrards $60M ext =NBC Samberg getting $60M after Junk In a Box might have let that breathe -Simmons

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 11:42 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:[Image: 3tefHcd.png]

Guess so. 

Surprised you have the stones to show back up around here Alfie. 

He got him good on that play.  I already said 3 times that he played good on Thursday night.  What more do I have to say?

Tyson can be replaced by just about anyone. A long-term fixture means that player is someone you can build upon or someone who continually plays well.That's not Tyson.

Quote:Guess so. 

He got him good on that play.  I already said 3 times that he played good on Thursday night.  What more do I have to say?
Since you just got schooled so thoroughly I'd say the best thing you can do is say less.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 12:00 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Since you just got schooled so thoroughly I'd say the best thing you can do is say less.

Lol ok Dragon Fury. 

Oh no I just got schooled on the Jags message board.  It is the end of the world. 

I have seen you get "schooled" plenty of times. 

Side note: Surprisingly, Alualu is ranked higer than Babin on Madden this week if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:Side note: Surprisingly, Alualu is ranked higer than Babin on Madden this week if I'm not mistaken.
 pay da man

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 12:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He put Duane Brown on his butt.

Quote:One thing is for certain, he most definitely did not do this.

Quote:[Image: 3tefHcd.png]

WOW. 

pretty much owned

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:WOW. 

Owned. 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Irony abounds. 

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Coming from you?  Really?  You get owned all day everyday on this board.  I mean literally every single day. 

Quote:Guess so. 

Frankly, it'd probably be best if you just stop saying things, since you very clearly have no idea what you're talking about the vast majority of the time.

Garrards $60M ext =NBC Samberg getting $60M after Junk In a Box might have let that breathe -Simmons