Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Speculation: Brad Meester to Announce Retirement Next Week

Quote:I think every team with a Ring of Honor has at least one name that not everyone agrees should be up there. The Redskins added Sean Taylor, who played only two seasons before he was murdered. (He was 24.) In Jacksonville, the first two players added were no-brainers, but I understand the argument against Mark Brunell.

I don't think there is any real argument against Brunell at all. He was lock to make it and no one should be surprised.

Again, it's the Jaguars Ring of Honor. Whether someone should be in the Hall of Fame or whatever is an entirely different discussion.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree with this. Ditka just went in last week in Chicago. DITKA.

Anyone with any real knowledge or sense of history of Chicago and the NFL shouldn't be surprised.

Are you aware of what Ditka means to the Bears and Chicago?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Anyone with any real knowledge or sense of history of Chicago and the NFL shouldn't be surprised.

Are you aware of what Ditka means to the Bears and Chicago?
That was my point. HE JUST WENT IN THIS WEEK.

Brunnell is 2 years post getting boogers wiped on him as a Jet.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Ditka had his number retired the other night. Not the same thing.

As far as I can tell, the Bears don't have a ring of honor.

The Buccaneers have a Ring of Honor. It includes such legends as Paul Gruber and Jimmie Giles.

Seahawks Ring of Honor includes their two Mark Brunells, Jim Zorn and Dave Kreig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sea...g_of_Honor

Quote:I don't think there is any question that Meester goes into the Pride of the Jaguars.

He's been a stalwart on our offensive line for years, he has played the most games of any Jag. He's been such a huge part of the community as well.

There will be plenty who would question the decision should Brad make it to the Pride of the Jaguars, and rightfully so.

Quote:There will be plenty who would question the decision should Brad make it to the Pride of the Jaguars, and rightfully so.

I'm sure you are right. But why does it matter honestly?

;

;

Quote:If Jimmy Smith isn't in the Ring of Honor, then Brad Meester should be no where near the Ring of Honor. 

Agreed.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm sure you are right. But why does it matter honestly?

Why does it matter that I said "There will be plenty who would question" as a response the poster making a comment that "there is no question"?

Brad Meester was the best center on the roster during seasons when the Jaguars run offense was consistently one of the best in the league. He started from his first game on the roster and only missed 15 games in 14 seasons. In 10 of those 14 seasons Meester started every game, and never missed more than 6 games in any one season. The problem is that being a center on a bad team record-wise is flying under the radar about as low as one can in the NFL.

Given Brad's leadership, dependability and record of community service both here and his native Iowa, especially after his home town was devastated by  tornadoes, I'd have no issue with his name on the Jaguars Ring of Honor. On the other hand, I see the merits of excluding him. Not a major deal, either way. He has been a good Jaguar, and I think he knows the fans appreciate him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If Jimmy Smith isn't in the Ring of Honor, then Brad Meester should be no where near the Ring of Honor. 
Jimmy Smith not being in the ROH has more to do with his off-the field conduct, than his actual ability. Talent wise, he's HOF worthy.

Quote:I'm sure you are right. But why does it matter honestly?
It matters because way too many fans of this team get upset every time someone says something negative.

Don't you know many fans of this team have a huge inferiority complex?

Quote:Jimmy Smith not being in the ROH has more to do with his off-the field conduct, than his actual ability. Talent wise, he's HOF worthy.
agreed

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Jimmy Smith not being in the ROH has more to do with his off-the field conduct, than his actual ability. Talent wise, he's HOF worthy.

He would have been the second guy in after Boselli if he had not gone to jail

Quote:It matters because way too many fans of this team get upset every time someone says something negative.

Same story with every team message board. But the people who post on this board are just a small portion of the fanbase.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 05:45 PM by foo895.)

Quote:Same story with every team message board. But the people who post on this board are just a small portion of the fanbase.
Oh I know.  That was directed towards that small part of this board who don't want Brunell in the Pride based on the assumption that it will lose credibility or will become a laughing stock.

Who cares if that's what people think?  It isn't a big deal at all.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 05:56 PM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

Brad meester will not be inducted into the pride. He is not that great. Good solid player, not a name to be put up with the greats. Don't even think Burnell deserves it. Honestly, garrard is more worthy than both brad and Burnell. Jimmy smith and tony brackens should be inducted.

Quote:Honestly, garrard is more worthy than both brad and Burnell. Jimmy smith and tony brackens should be inducted.

you a smokin too much peace pipe today.

Quote:That was my point. HE JUST WENT IN THIS WEEK.

Brunnell is 2 years post getting boogers wiped on him as a Jet.

I got your point. Not surprised that the other guy didn't

Quote:Ditka had his number retired the other night. Not the same thing.

As far as I can tell, the Bears don't have a ring of honor.

The Buccaneers have a Ring of Honor. It includes such legends as Paul Gruber and Jimmie Giles.

Quote:Seahawks Ring of Honor includes their two Mark Brunells, Jim Zorn and Dave Kreig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sea...g_of_Honor

LOL, so citing other bad ring of honor decisions justifies ours? Laughing 

Quote:It matters because way too many fans of this team get upset every time someone says something negative.

Truth. 

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 08:58 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote:I think Brad Meester is the only Jaguar to play for all five head coaches. That is his legacy in Jacksonville, not anything he did on the field.

So we need to either draft a center in May or move Mike Brewster over.

That's not his legacy. His legacy was he was a very good player for a very, very long time with this organization. He stuck around a couple years too long. It happens.

Speaking of the Pride, Brunell should not have gotten in. I loved the guy, but he's not Pride material. He wasn't on the same level as Boselli or Fred.