Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting note from Albert Breer confirms my suspicion

Luck and Brady have about the same amount of talent when it comes to weapons. Luck relied heavily on Wayne like Brady relies (relied) on Gronk. Luck is running out of excuses, he put up good numbers Sunday but two or three of those long tds can be credited to very poor tackling. Back to the point, I've wanted us to go qb all the way in the 1st all year but I have faith Caldwell will make the right call.

1sr-BAP (other than WR if we think Blackmon won't be back)

2nd-ASJ or best d tackle

I could see us getting a QB in the third. I think Bortles may fall or we get McCarron. I haven't been high on AJ Mc all his career but the more I watch the more I'm impressed. He makes the throws when he needs to. He could run our offense great iMO
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I really wish people would stop saying "Luck/RG3 prospect".  Luck has been extremely average this year and RG3 is regressing more and more each week.  
I absolutely HATE when people say "There is no Andrew Luck in this draft". Of course there isn't! An Andrew Luck-type player is a very rare thing.

Teddy Bridgewater is NOT an elite quarterback talent. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I would love to see Watkins picked if he is available, but I think depending on where we end up in the draft order we will go QB or a defensive player.

I'm also excited to hear that it's okay for the Jags to win now...glad people are getting on the bandwagon!!! /end sarcasm.

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

I think there gonna go Barr/Clowney/Mack depending on where we fall in the draft then in the second round they go BAP and in the 3rd take a QB

And the colts traded a first round pick to the Browns. I so hope we have our front office and coaching set for the next decade. The NFL is crazy.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I think there gonna go Barr/Clowney/Mack depending on where we fall in the draft then in the second round they go BAP and in the 3rd take a QB

Woudl love any of those 3.

Barr/Clowney/Mack in the 1st, Brandin Cooks in the 2nd.

I would love to get a good pass rusher and then a big, dominant WR.   I don't know what WR would slip to #35 to #40, but someone like Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, etc.  A WR who would create mismatches with smaller CBs.  

Quote:I hated that trade (for the Redskins) when they made it, and hate any trade of its kind for the team trading UP. WHen will GM's learn that those type of trades work out far less than they don't for the team trading UP and giving away the store for a single player. 

Yes, look at the Falcons and  Julio Jones.   A really good WR, to be  sure, but they traded a away a lot of picks to get him and how where are they?  

Quote:Uhm.....yeah, Dalton is doing better than Luck because of those weapons. Luck would take a similar team that Andy Dalton QB's further. Always. Thats the point.

What?....you don't think Dalton would be doing just as lousy if not worse if he was QB of the current Colts team?? He'd be doing worse than Luck.
My lord if Luck was on the Bengals. They would be unstoppable. AJ Green, Goo, Marvin, Sanu, Eifert, and Gresham? Wow

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Luck has nothing on offense, other than a midget WR they play on the outside by necessity. 

Put Luck on the Bengals offense and we're talking a superbowl team. 
Funny, you used to beat the exact opposite drum when this was used as an excuse for Jaguar quarterbacks. You used Manning as an example when the O-line problems were presented, and used Brady when the receiver problems were presented in the past. You said that truly elite QBs elevate those around them, not need those around them to elevate him.

So, what changed? Do the Jags just have a completely different set of rules in your book?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 08:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Funny, you used to beat the exact opposite drum when this was used as an excuse for Jaguar quarterbacks. You used Manning as an example when the O-line problems were presented, and used Brady when the receiver problems were presented in the past. You said that truly elite QBs elevate those around them, not need those around them to elevate him.

So, what changed? Do the Jags just have a completely different set of rules in your book?

Actually I remember giving Garrard (and especially Dirk Koetter) credit for the 2007 season when he produced despite what I thought were a weaker supporting cast, WR wise. 

So you are wrong. 

Plus, the Jags at least had a combo of Fred Taylor/ MoJo to help take focus away. Andrew Luck has nothing. Their passing weapons, running game and OL all suck. 

Johnny Football.

Quote:Funny, you used to beat the exact opposite drum when this was used as an excuse for Jaguar quarterbacks. You used Manning as an example when the O-line problems were presented, and used Brady when the receiver problems were presented in the past. You said that truly elite QBs elevate those around them, not need those around them to elevate him.

He's been on the Luck bandwagon from the start therefore he gets his own rules. If it was a QB he didn't like there would be no such excuses.

Plus Luck only recently lost Reggie Wayne a top 5 WR and their o line is no worse than ours 

Because the best players in the NFL are top-5 draft picks.

Because every team with a franchise QB used a #1 pick to acquire him.

/sarcasm

We have a loooooooong time to bat this ball around.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I've not been the biggest Luck supporter but if he were a Jag this team would be a contender already, easily.  He would make a world of difference on offense and would be the best QB this team has ever had on the roster.  He's working with almost nothing on offense, runningback or passing weapon wise.  Injuries are destroying that team.  The kid is in his 2nd season and with the number of injuries they were bound to struggle. 

If he were a Jag QB people would be on his jock like Vagrantwade is with Teddy. 

Quote:Actually I remember giving Garrard (and especially Dirk Koetter) credit for the 2007 season when he produced despite what I thought were a weaker supporting cast, WR wise. 

So you are wrong. 

Plus, the Jags at least had a combo of Fred Taylor/ MoJo to help take focus away. Andrew Luck has nothing. Their passing weapons, running game and OL all suck. 
Which has very little to do with what I eluded to. That snipped doesn't erase what you said in the examples that I gave in your quoted post. You did say them, and said them in response to arguments that other fans made about Jaguar QBs. Whether you or they were right or wrong isn't the point. The point is that you did say it and defended it rather tenaciously. Now, you discredit your own position with a different player. So, again, which is it?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Which has very little to do with what I eluded to. That snipped doesn't erase what you said in the examples that I gave in your quoted post. You did say them, and said them in response to arguments that other fans made about Jaguar QBs. Whether you or they were right or wrong isn't the point. The point is that you did say it and defended it rather tenaciously. Now, you discredit your own position with a different player. So, again, which is it?

Truly elite QB can and do elevate the talent around them. But the offense has to have SOMETHING other than the QB. 

You say that I have cited Manning as a QB that made good with a bad OL, thats true - he also had Harrison/ Wayne and a good running game with Edge at the time. 

You say that I cited Brady as a QB that made good with a lack of WR options, thats true - but he also consistently had one of the better OL in the sport blocking in front of him. 

Luck has nothing. He's got poor receiving weapons, NO running game, and a bad OL. How is he supposed to succeed?? The fact that he's in this situation and they still are going to win the division and Luck still has half decent numbers is a credit to him. 

As said in other threads - put Luck on the current Bengals offense and you have a superbowl team.