Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch is an offensive genius

Quote:Whatever.  Make up whatever definitions suit your agenda.  The NFL obviously disagrees with you because I found all of those examples because the box score describes each of them as "deep."  (Then I watched them on rewind to confirm an see the throws) LOL.   He took shots down field 5 times.  Much more than you implied.  

Well they took more early than I realized, but the 1st half isn't what I was having an issue with....we scored 17 points on offense  in the first half. so what we were doing was working. 

In the 2nd half we got more conservative with more short safe crap. ANd the Texans were on it, and it almost bit us. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:50 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:A deep pass attempt is 40 yards past the LOS. Period. Not 38 yards past the LOS, not 46 in the air (which likely translates to a 35 yard pass past the LOS)....

Whatever, its getting silly....its clear you just want to defend Fisch on this so, I'm not going to argue it.

I saw too much short passing last night especially 2nd half. The Texans were on all of it. They knew it was coming. It almost bit us.
Lololololol

Let's get this straight.

Person A says passes went 38 and 35 yards.

Person B says that's not 40 so it doesn't count. This is getting silly.

The guy who is bickering over 6 yards thinks this is silly. Ahahahahha

Quote:A deep pass attempt is 40 yards past the LOS. Period. Not 38 yards past the LOS, not 46 in the air (which likely translates to a 35 yard pass past the LOS)....

Whatever, its getting silly....its clear you just want to defend Fisch on this so, I'm not going to argue it. 

I saw too much short passing last night especially 2nd half. The Texans were on all of it. They knew it was coming. It almost bit us. 

The definition of flailing. This is what happens when you tie your schtick to someone's failure.

U mad bro?

Quote:Well they took more early than I realized, but the 1st half isn't what I was having an issue with....we scored 17 points on offense  in the first half. so what we were doing was working. 

In the 2nd half we got more conservative with more short safe crap. ANd the Texans were on it, and it almost bit us. 
Fair enough.  It seemed they wanted to chew some clock and grind the defense with the run in the second half - which really isn't a bad strategy if you think about. 

Unfortunately - it ended up in three separate 3 and outs.  

I think that "genius" is getting a bit ahead of ourselves. He's done well, yes, but don't forget the first 8 weeks of don't-throw-past-the-line-of-scrimmage Fisch yet. I want to see how he performs when there is something to lose.

Laughing Just a few weeks ago all of you guys wanted Fisch gone and now you all are calling him an "offensive genius".

The hypocrisy of this board is amazing.

Quote:Laughing Just a few weeks ago all of you guys wanted Fisch gone and now you all are calling him an "offensive genius".

Not all of us.

Quote: Laughing Just a few weeks ago all of you guys wanted Fisch gone and now you all are calling him an "offensive genius".

Yep. Labeling Fisch a genius anything is insane. 

Don't take much around here to heap hyperbolic praise at anything  Jags. 

3 deep shots in the first half.

Quote: Laughing Just a few weeks ago all of you guys wanted Fisch gone and now you all are calling him an "offensive genius".

Literally everybody on this message board wanted him gone and now literally everybody is calling him a genius.

The room temperature IQ in this thread is tantalizing.

Also, Okladope is always trying to throw in a cheap shot on Henne...what's your deal bro?

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Literally everybody on this message board wanted him gone
:no:

Nope.  Several of us have been saying "wait till he has a quarterback and better line to judge"  all along. 

BTW  - I haven't really praised him much - and I'm not throwing "genius" out there either. I've only defended him from the over-reacting haters for the most part.   I think he's simply finding ways to get production out of an offensive roster that leaves plenty to be desired.  That is worthy of some recognition - and it bodes well for the future when he'll hopefully have more weapons. 

Quote:Laughing Just a few weeks ago all of you guys wanted Fisch gone and now you all are calling him an "offensive genius".

You won't find that in this guys posts

Quote:3 deep shots in the first half.

Read above, I said I forgot one in the first half. First half of football we scored 17 points by the offense. That wasn't the problem. 

The problem was in the second half where they got conservative and went short too much and the Texans were on it. 

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Fisch is awful. We're 4-9.

Henne is terrible on goal to go. Henne is terrible in the second and fourth quarter.

Henne's passer rating for throws + completion/attempts :

Pass Thrown 1-10 yds - 62.6 (104 of 175)

Pass Thrown 11-20 yds - 96.9 (40 of 72)

Pass Thrown 21-30 yds - 82.5 (5 of 15)

Pass Thrown 31-40 yds - 0.0 (0 of 6)

Pass Thrown 41+ yds - 39.6 (0 for 1)

Our WRs routinely fail to extend routes beyond the line to make first down. Time after time Fisch fails to instruct them how to run a route beyond the yard to make. This is basic NFL coaching failure.

Fisch should be fired for total incompetence.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote: :no:

Nope.  Several of us have been saying "wait till he has a quarterback and better line to judge"  all along. 

BTW  - I haven't really praised him much - and I'm not throwing "genius" out there either. I've only defended him from the over-reacting haters for the most part.   I think he's simply finding ways to get production out of an offensive roster that leaves plenty to be desired.  That is worthy of some recognition - and it bodes well for the future when he'll hopefully have more weapons. 

I was being sarcastic. He was acting as if "this board" has some unanimous opinion.

Quote:Literally everybody on this message board wanted him gone and now literally everybody is calling him a genius.

Somebody doesn't know the meaning of literally...

Quote:Literally everybody on this message board wanted him gone and now literally everybody is calling him a genius.

Wrong, try again.

Quote:I was being sarcastic. He was acting as if "this board" has some unanimous opinion.
Gotcha.    :thumbsup:   

I really like him moving Marcedes out wide on a 5'10" CB. It blows my mind that we haven't taken advantage of him in the red zone more.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.