Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bad tanking.... again

Quote:lol.....yeah we do......that's the Gus factor....if we still had Mularky, how many wins would we have now?
It was a horrible second half by our defense - but, man, I really am enjoying seeing the baby steps of this team getting better under the new regime.  

I have to say that - even though we've had the "nothing to lose" card on our side - Fisch is starting to prove he's the real deal as I've suspected all along despite lots of criticism around here.   I still think that he'll be great with a better QB, O-line, and one more good receiver. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

go home you're drunk.

We are Seattle 2.0. They got their franchise QB in the 3rd round. They are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this year. Boom.

Quote:We would only be setting ourselves up if you believe our GM and Coach still suck. They clearly don't. I don't know how you can compare this to 2011, that team couldn't string 2 wins back to back much less 4 out of 5 games. This is magic we are watching, I haven't seen the Jag's get hot like this in a long time. I am begining to believe we will be one of those 2 year turn around.
I dont think our coach and GM suck... I am not throwing a hissy fit... I have barely posted all year... I am just saying... all year I was hyped for Teddy or clowney.... now... we wont get either.. AGAIN..

reminiscent of 2 years ago when we missed out on luck... maybe we get lucky and the best QB falls to us in this class ... maybe mariotta? idk... but again.. if one year we could just tank in the right year and get that stud player instead of these meaningless wins

Quote:DF English, I was pretty sure he was Dutch, wait wait I might be able to clarify this with his family photo, he is, of course in the middle
[Image: scannen0001.jpg]
That picture looks like it was taken in Volendam which is famous for its crappy music, inbreeding (the only way you can make people stupid enough to enjoy their crappy music) and having the nation's highest consumption of cocaine.

So...Yeah.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:44 AM by knarnn.)

We'll have a have shot at Johnny Football, Tajh Boyd, Derek Carr, David Fales, Jimmy Garoppolo and Blake Bortles. That's not necessarily QB purgatory.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

the other thing... we are pushing houston right into the number 1 pick... that defensive talent they got and they are going to get the number 1 pick to get a QB... just like Indy 2 years ago...

to think we might have something to do with allowing both division rivals getting a FRANCHISE QB INSTEAD OF US and going from 1st pick to playoffs in one year... idk how on earth I can look at this team again if we do that twice

Quote:We'll have ahave shot at Johnny Football Tajh Boyd, Derek Carr, David Fales, Jimmy Garoppolo and Blake Bortles. That's not necessarily QB purgatory.
every year we can all name 8 quarterbacks we might be able to take... doesnt mean they are good... some of those guys will end up being nobodies

You're assuming there is a franchise QB to be had. That's not guaranteed.

I'll take the wins. Maybe it'll get you so despondent that you'll crawl back under your rock.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Am I happy our team won? You bet! I think or maybe its hope that someway, somehow, we'll still get the players we desperately need to improve to a consistent winning playoff team.....

That said....ain;t no one gonna convince me that the Texans aren't tanking for that first pick. That last couple drives were ridiculous.....Schaub had the WR open on the route on 4th down.....

and on the play that was the game winning INT, Schaub literally threw it right at our defender.

The Colts tanked in 2011 and the Texans are tanking this year.

But I don't care as long as we still get the right players to make us consistent winners anyway..... 

Quote:the other thing... we are pushing houston right into the number 1 pick... that defensive talent they got and they are going to get the number 1 pick to get a QB... just like Indy 2 years ago...

to think we might have something to do with allowing both division rivals getting a FRANCHISE QB INSTEAD OF US and going from 1st pick to playoffs in one year... idk how on earth I can look at this team again if we do that twice

Go throw your baby tantrum to Poz or Marks so you can get their opinion on the matter.

Quote:every year we can all name 8 quarterbacks we might be able to take... doesnt mean they are good... some of those guys will end up being nobodies

The player picked # l overall has more than not turned out to be just OK. Not having the first pick isn't the end of the world.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Texans are going to end up with Clowney and Watt! Not cool.

Quote:Am I happy our team won? You bet! I think or maybe its hope that someway, somehow, we'll still get the players we desperately need to improve to a consistent winning playoff team.....

That said....ain;t no one gonna convince me that the Texans aren't tanking for that first pick. That last couple drives were ridiculous.....Schaub had the WR open on the route on 4th down.....

and on the play that was the game winning INT, Schaub literally threw it right at our defender.

But I don't care as long as we still get the right players to make us consistent winners anyway.....

Right, Schaub is throwing intentional picks so that he can lose his job. Brilliant.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:51 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Right, Schaub is throwing intentional picks so that he can lose his job. Brilliant.

did u see that pass?!?!?!?!? I mean, only the JAGUAR was "wide open",,,,,

The Texans are tanking, just like the Colts. 

But again, as said, I won't care as long as we still end up as consistent winners. 

Quote:Am I happy our team won? You bet! I think or maybe its hope that someway, somehow, we'll still get the players we desperately need to improve to a consistent winning playoff team.....

If Houston was tanking, Schaub never would have seen the field. Kubiak is trying to keep his job. Only a complete idiot would think he' intentionally tank knowing he could be unemployed as a result.

If they're tanking for Bridgewater, they aren't really going to help their situation. You're acting as if he's the next great QB. I really don't see it. I see talent, but nothing terribly impressive. But, I have higher standards. You aspire to mediocrity.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Texans are going to end up with Clowney and Watt! Not cool.

And Schaub/Keenum at QB? I'll take it.

That's all well and good. But Schaub likely will never start again and the coach will get fired, so why would they be willing to join the tanking?

[Image: Vomit.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:We are Seattle 2.0. They got their franchise QB in the 3rd round. They are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this year. Boom.

When we were the worst team in the history of the universe, Gus said they come in bunches. I thought it was nonsense, but I can't believe how right he was.