Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is he on the roster?

Quote:I know. I thought he was in the mix to be Poz' backup at SAM until he got cut. He also would have been at this year's rookie minicamp if not cut.

Speaking of this roster move, they still haven't replaced him on the roster.

BTW, I'm now convinced that the lengthy Audie Cole will make the same move as Poz as far as moving from his traditional LB role into learning the Jaguars SAM position as Poz' primary backup.
Audie Cole is intriguing. Hopefully we can see him flying to the ball in that backup role.

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Camp bodies. Henne makes the most sense because we don't have any other options behind Bortles. But since he's been here for about what now? Four or five years? I blame the coaching staff and front office for not working hard enough to find a more suitable back up to Bortles.

Insert Brandon Allen.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Once again....

Why in the blue hell is Henne our next available option on this team?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(05-08-2017, 07:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Just a list of players that make me say this...

[*]Doran Grant
[*]

He's  ^ worked two practices with the ones while Ramsey is out.

(08-01-2017, 05:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 07:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Just a list of players that make me say this...

[*]Doran Grant
[*]

He's  ^ worked two practices with the ones while Ramsey is out.
[*]

Indeed, one of the players I mentioned heren way back when actually has worked out. Grant first showed up in the OTAs soon after I posted this thread. He now stands a legit shot at actually making the roster.
'02

• Chad Henne

• Larry Pinkard

• Nila Kasitati

• Malliciah Goodman

• PJ Davis

• Doran Grant

First on your list is the only viable backup QB that we have.

I seriously don't get the hate for Henne.  Our fan base is probably the only one that hates our backup QB just a slight bit more than the starting QB.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-01-2017, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

• Chad Henne

• Larry Pinkard

• Nila Kasitati

• Malliciah Goodman

• PJ Davis

• Doran Grant

First on your list is the only viable backup QB that we have.

I seriously don't get the hate for Henne.  Our fan base is probably the only one that hates our backup QB just a slight bit more than the starting QB.

I don't get how anyone can consider Henne to be "viable."
'02

I think the disdain for Henne is due to what he represents. He was picked up to be 2nd string and possibly even the starter if Blaine Garbage failed. When Gabbert failed and Henne proved that he didn't have what it took, and was thus just another part of equation of a stalled rebuild. Now, Henne retains his position of head clipboard holder, and has no real value for the team. I think any QB with any level of potential could do what he does. He's obviously not an option as someone to beat out Blake, even when Blake is crashing and burning. And there's the whole smug gif with that 'stache.

(08-01-2017, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: First on your list is the only viable backup QB that we have.

I'm with you.  He played badly when the whole team was really bad.  On the other hand, he's had games where he showed he could manage a game.  He is what he is, physical limitations aside, he's experienced in this offense and could get a good team through a few games if Bortles has to be out (assuming Bortles is actually good this year).  Why so many people always seem to want to downgrade the backup QB position makes no sense.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I, personally, have little faith in Henne as a viable back-up because of his 2016 pre-season performances in the week 2 and three games.
He put up a 39% completion rate vs the bengals in that week three game and made some very basic out route passes look like feats of Herculean effort -- and they still didn't get there on time. It made me very, very dubious about his ability to come in and turn in a solid "game manager" performance.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017, 09:22 PM by Jstewie15.)

Why is Josh Wells  still on the roster? I  Sure hope Avery Gennesy and Jeremiah Poutasi beat him out.

Chad Henne will be on the roster till Allen beats him out.

(08-01-2017, 09:29 PM)uthill Wrote: Chad Henne will be on the roster till Allen beats him out.

I want to be rid of this entire QB group - It's incompetent and not going anywhere

(08-01-2017, 09:29 PM)uthill Wrote: Chad Henne will be on the roster till Allen beats him out.

That wont take long.  He looked real good today.  Allen will beat him out in preseason

(08-01-2017, 09:21 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote: Why is Josh Wells  still on the roster? I  Sure hope Avery Gennesy and Jeremiah Poutasi beat him out.

No chance.

Wells is now battling Cam for the start at LT, and is easily our best option should Cam go down. Heck, if Josh goes down, Marrone was saying the next best option would probably be Omameh. Poutasi looks like he can take care of business at RT, but he's not about to play LT. Gennesy has tremendous potential, but he's as raw as it gets wherein I'm projecting him to the PS. 

This team has been grooming Wells for several years on end now. I'd like to see some return on those years of investment, and I feel he's more ready to play that we tend to think given his past performance.

'02

(sigh)

For years I have been critical of Henne.  I went out to camp again today (before they kicked fans out for lightning in the area). Henne is who he always has been.  Maybe worse. 

About 1 in 5 passes, he makes a solid throw in a tight window. Most of the time, however, he seems to get skittish when his first option is not there and scrambles around the backfield before he simply throws a two yard pass to his check down or tucks it and runs. I swear on Monday, I saw him tuck and run at least five plays. Does Chad Henne scare anyone with his blazing speed? No. He never has. And he has NEVER been able to put together a string of games any realistic fan would call "good".  If he has two decent games, the next will be a dud. 

I have seen him throw several intermediate range passes in camp which hit the receiver in stride, but are thrown to the WR's knees so he has to dive on the ground to catch it, effectively killing any YAC opportunity. 

The team did nothing to create more competition in the QB room this off-season. All politics aside, I still maintain Colin Kaepernick would be a better #2 option than Henne.  At least if HE tucks and runs, he can pick up first downs. Henne should not be on this team next year (he shouldn't be on this team this year). We could likely get a late round pick or a prospect for Henne in a trade this year. And there is not a significant gap between Henne and Allen. 

It is not newsflash that Henne is hot garbage. But the front office has been stubborn on this point. I know nothing is going to change. Just venting. If Blake gets hurt or pulled from any game due to performance, we cannot rely on our backup to be even average.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-02-2017, 05:35 PM)Kotite Wrote: (sigh)

For years I have been critical of Henne.  I went out to camp again today (before they kicked fans out for lightning in the area). Henne is who he always has been.  Maybe worse. 

About 1 in 5 passes, he makes a solid throw in a tight window. Most of the time, however, he seems to get skittish when his first option is not there and scrambles around the backfield before he simply throws a two yard pass to his check down or tucks it and runs. I swear on Monday, I saw him tuck and run at least five plays. Does Chad Henne scare anyone with his blazing speed? No. He never has. And he has NEVER been able to put together a string of games any realistic fan would call "good".  If he has two decent games, the next will be a dud. 

I have seen him throw several intermediate range passes in camp which hit the receiver in stride, but are thrown to the WR's knees so he has to dive on the ground to catch it, effectively killing any YAC opportunity. 

The team did nothing to create more competition in the QB room this off-season. All politics aside, I still maintain Colin Kaepernick would be a better #2 option than Henne.  At least if HE tucks and runs, he can pick up first downs. Henne should not be on this team next year (he shouldn't be on this team this year). We could likely get a late round pick or a prospect for Henne in a trade this year. And there is not a significant gap between Henne and Allen. 

It is not newsflash that Henne is hot garbage. But the front office has been stubborn on this point. I know nothing is going to change. Just venting. If Blake gets hurt or pulled from any game due to performance, we cannot rely on our backup to be even average.

Wallbash

I don't get what Henne's draw seems to be. I know he was Gus' boy, but from everything we've seemed to hear about Allen he has been stellar in camp. Maybe the preseason games will tell a different story.

Kap would be the ideal QB here if you put politics aside. He's coming in humbled and willing to be a backup, but absolutely good enough to put some real heat on Bortles. Unfortunately, the notion of signing a man who kneeled for the national anthem to a team in a military town is probably a bridge too far for any sane businessman to cross.

Kapernick stinks. I don't get everyone's infatuation with him. If he was good he would be on a roster. He's not good enough for an owner with a billion dollar investment to turn off some of their fan base.