Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bucs, it's Houston now

Quote:Just curious... is anyone hoping the Jags lose a season ticket holder?

I certainly hope not because we don't need those kinds of people in our stadium.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013, 03:30 AM by archer56.)

Quote:Why would the Falcons even think about doing that? Matt Ryan is still a good quarterback. He is just missing Julio Jones ansd for a while he did not have Roddy White either.
while it would make sense for them to trade back and try to make up for the lost draft picks they gave up in order to get Julio, their defense is really bad and they might take clowney or whoever the highest rated pass rusher ends up being. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:while it would make sense for them to do that to get back what they lose getting Julio, their defense is bad and they might take clowney or whoever the highest rated pass rusher ends up being.

Not sure I understand this, but if Atlanta takes teddy a whole lot of people have underestimated teddy's status as an NFL prospect.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013, 03:11 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:I doubt it. I think they like Ryan.

Ryan is hobbled by not having Julio, big time. Much like Brady this year. Check out Brady's stat line with no one to throw to this year. Ryan actually is doing a little better than Brady this season - but their numbers are very similar.
Atlanta will take the pass rusher be it Clowney Barr or Matthews

They have begin to rebuild there d with two rookie corners that look good so an elite pass rusher would be huge for them

Minnesota and Tampa both need and though I think Minnesota could beat the pack with Rodgers out

not worried about Houston think they will beat us twice

unless the rookie secondary improves considerably I cannot see our d matching the Texans d in any way and our offenses are similar

Quote:while it would make sense for them to trade back and try to make up for the lost draft picks they gave up in order to get Julio, their defense is really bad and they might take clowney or whoever the highest rated pass rusher ends up being. 
fixed yeah that ended up not making any sense. sorry 

Quote:Atlanta will take the pass rusher be it Clowney, Barr, or Matthews.

They have begin to rebuild their defense with two rookie corners that look good so an elite pass rusher would be huge for them.

Minnesota and Tampa both need a QB, though I think Minnesota could beat the Pack with Rodgers out

Not worried about Houston. I think they will beat us twice.

Unless the rookie secondary improves considerably, I cannot see our defense matching the Texans defense in any way and our offenses are similar.

Let me get this straight:

Clowney may not be the best pass rusher even though everyone says he is.

The Vikings don't need a good quarterback against Green Bay's defense.

The Texans are much better than us even though they have only one more win.

The five defensive backs David Caldwell drafted suck and can't do anything.

All four statements are false. Do you ever think before you post?

Quote:I'll probably be pessimistic about our chances of getting the #1 pick until it actually happens. And even then I'd probably be pessimistic that they would screw it up!......thats what happens from a decade+ worth of a poorly run franchise...

I'd rather it be the other way around....where they have been so good for so long that they build up "benefit of the doubt" equity,,,
Seriously, how can you call yourself a fan? What a jerk.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Let me get this straight:

Actually 3 of the 4 are correct.

Clowney is a great 4-3 DE but Barr is quickly rising as possibly the best pass rusher as a 3-4 OLB. Go read some articles on it.

You don't need a good QB to beat GB right now. There is no Rodgers so they stink.

Texans are much better than us. Andre Johnson and Watt alone make them better than us. 2 All-Pro players.

Quote:Let me get this straight:

Haha, JW......
Shock the world

Quote:The idea we should forget the Buccaneers now is stupid. The only things that matter are overall record and SOS, not how good they are playing. Truth is both teams are 2-8 ATM. So are the Vikings and Falcons, and we all know Minnesota needs a quarterback as much as Jacksonville does. The team to worry most about is Minnesota for both that reason and their weaker SOS than Houston, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. If the Vikings win a third game, I will still worry about them because we can also win three, but of course that would make me worry more about the Texans.
Let me dumb this down for you.  Teams that are playing good football=higher probability of winning.  The Bucs are team loaded with talent and will win more games than the Jags.  They've been a victim of a disastrous head coach but seem to be pulling it together.  Bucs will not pick ahead of us. 

It would take some awfully played football by the Texans for us to win.  Henne was gift wrapping the game to the Titans and they said no thank you.  We would need another game where we win to spite the QB position.  Our QB play has been so bad that it is making the DG years look like glory days and the Brunell years look like hall of fame.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013, 12:50 PM by MoJo44.)

I just don't see us winning this game.  I think our only other win will come the last week of the season, when we already have the top pick locked up.

Quote:Actually 3 of the 4 are correct.

Clowney is a great 4-3 DE but Barr is quickly rising as possibly the best pass rusher as a 3-4 OLB. Go read some articles on it.

You don't need a good QB to beat GB right now. There is no Rodgers so they stink.

Texans are much better than us. Andre Johnson and Watt alone make them better than us. 2 All-Pro players.

I was only thinking of 4-3 defensive linemen when I said that, actually. Many 3-4 OLBs are former 4-3 DEs who struggle at their new jobs because it is unnatural for them.

If Barr is not the next Clay Matthews, how can I expect him to rush the passer better than a 4-3 DE?

The specific statement I rebutted implied the Vikings don't need a good quarterback to beat a team with a very good defense. Aaron Rodgers does not play on defense. I was saying Green Bay has a good defense, so yes, the Vikings do need a good quarterback.

Quote:Let me dumb this down for you.  Teams that are playing good football=higher probability of winning.  The Bucs are team loaded with talent and will win more games than the Jags.  They've been a victim of a disastrous head coach but seem to be pulling it together.  Bucs will not pick ahead of us. 

You don't get it. They already said Greg Schiano is safe for the remainder of the season, so if losses are all his fault, they will keep losing.

Quote:It would take some awfully played football by the Texans for us to win.  Henne was gift wrapping the game to the Titans and they said no thank you. We would need another game where we win to spite the QB position. Our QB play has been so bad that it is making the DG years look like glory days and the Brunell years look like hall of fame.

Not true. The Titans gift-wrapped it for us by holding in the end zone. We played well on special teams and defense. Chad Henne had nothing to do with it.

Whelp, Go JAGS!!!

The next game agianst them will be the Teddy bowl.

Quote:The next game agianst them will be the Teddy bowl.
A few texans fans think its the clowney bowl

Quote:A few texans fans think its the clowney bowl

I hope their management thinks the same way.

What about Atlanta?

Quote:What about Atlanta?
Don't you put that evil on me ricky bobby

Quote:What about Atlanta?

They would take Clowney.