Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bucs, it's Houston now

Bucs are playing good football and will win some more games.  With 2 matchups against Houston, this could be the real race for #1.  I'm thinking they win them both and we'll be just fine come spring.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think now that the bucs won, it's pretty much smooth sailing to the #1 pick.

We have to lose out to get the first pick. At least one other team will probably have 2 wins and we are way behind all other teams in the tiebreaker. 

Quote:We have to lose out to get the first pick. At least one other team will probably have 2 wins and we are way behind all other teams in the tiebreaker. 

See, I think we can have two wins and still lock up the number one pick.  I don't see Houston losing out.

I also think Minnesota and Atlanta each win at least one more game.

The number one pick is ours.  Teddy is ours.  The ascension will begin.

This is one game we had better not win..

Quote:I think now that the bucs won, it's pretty much smooth sailing to the #1 pick.
[Image: jZmj.jpg]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:[Image: jZmj.jpg]
This really made me laugh!

@ Geen:awesome pick. someone needs to shoop in Shorts,Blackmon, Caldwell , Bradley and MJd on the other faces.

Not that worried about getting the top pick, but at the same time don't wan't Manziel and Bridgewater in the division (unless they are Jaguars).

Quote:Not that worried about getting the top pick, but at the same time don't wan't Manziel and Bridgewater in the division (unless they are Jaguars).

I'll take Manziel in the division.  Texans overdraft him plz.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:@ Geen:awesome pick. someone needs to shoop in Shorts,Blackmon, Caldwell , Bradley and MJd on the other faces.
[Image: jaGo.jpg]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:[Image: jZmj.jpg]
lol niice. can you also add some linemen too

Quote:I'll take Manziel in the division.  Texans overdraft him plz.

Please no....don't want either one in the division if we don't get Manziel or Bridgewater....

Quote:I'll take Manziel in the division.  Texans overdraft him plz.

No. 

I hear people say Manziel is a boom or bust prospect (which I generally disagree with).  But even if that's true, why would you want that in the division?  If we're going to be a good team, 10+ wins a year, automatic, it shouldn't matter to us if Houston blows a pick or not.  But having a guy relegating us to fighting for wildcards every year is what could get pretty old.

The idea we should forget the Buccaneers now is stupid. The only things that matter are overall record and SOS, not how good they are playing. Truth is both teams are 2-8 ATM. So are the Vikings and Falcons, and we all know Minnesota needs a quarterback as much as Jacksonville does. The team to worry most about is Minnesota for both that reason and their weaker SOS than Houston, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. If the Vikings win a third game, I will still worry about them because we can also win three, but of course that would make me worry more about the Texans.

Quote:The idea we should forget the Buccaneers now is stupid. The only things that matter are overall record and SOS, not how good they are playing. Truth is both teams are 2-8 ATM. So are the Vikings and Falcons, and we all know Minnesota needs a quarterback as much as Jacksonville does. The team to worry most about is Minnesota for both that reason and their weaker SOS than Houston, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. If the Vikings win a third game, I will still worry about them because we can also win three, but of course that would make me worry more about the Texans.

Them having a weaker SOS than the other teams should make us worry less about them, not more.  We won't win the SOS tiebreaker against any team so it's all about wins and losses for us at this point.  

Houston is in our division.  They are the team to worry about most by far.  Forget about the top pick, I don't even want them picking in the top 5 this draft.  

houston, i doubt it because they play us twice.  if we somehow split with them, it could lead to failure. 

the issue will be the falcons.

Quote:Them having a weaker SOS than the other teams should make us worry less about them, not more.  We won't win the SOS tiebreaker against any team so it's all about wins and losses for us at this point.  

Houston is in our division.  They are the team to worry about most by far.  Forget about the top pick, I don't even want them picking in the top 5 this draft.  

You don't know we will finish with the same number of losses as the Buccaneers. The possibility we can still win more games than Tampa Bay is why there is a 38-page thread about the race for #1.

If Jax beats Houston this weekend, I don't think Jax is getting the #1 pick......because this won't be the last win Jax gets till seasons end in that scenario. 

Quote:If Jax beats Houston this weekend, I don't think Jax is getting the #1 pick because this won't be the last win Jax gets till seasons end in that scenario. 

Regardless of who wins Sunday, we can finish with more wins than either Houston or Tampa.