Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
City approves scoreboard funding for Everbank

Quote:Just don't pay for a new stadium. Don't do it Jacksonville. Don't ever do it. 
I support eventually having a Lambeau type shrine one day but why do you say never build a new stadium?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Black and gold just like the helmets. 

Are half the stadium black, half the stadium gold.
I think it should be alternating colors of black, gold, and teal. Some seats will have 32's painted on them and others can have 37's painted on them and so on. That way the stadium always looks full until we start selling out! Smile

Quote:Using bed tax money that is already dedicated to facilities like sports complex so hopefully they understand this and do not gripe too loud. Nicely done Jax.

The people who complain the most don't care what the facts are.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Scoreboards good

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:Scoreboards good

They're even better when you score more than 3 points at home.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

What's over/under on how many games before some drunken idiot jumps into one of the pools/water features?

Quote:The people who complain the most don't care what the facts are.
Yeah, I saw a guy on the news that didn't like the city spending money on renovating the stadium. He said the city should use the money to create jobs by spending it on something like construction.

Can't make this up.

Quote:Yeah, I saw a guy on the news that didn't like the city spending money on renovating the stadium. He said the city should use the money to create jobs by spending it on something like construction.

Can't make this up.

Lowest common denominator

;

;

Quote:um, they're only getting new scoreboards, not a new building. 
He strikes again.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He strikes again.

Yeah. Clueless Joe is at it again. But I am sure he will pretend to be an expert on a stadium he has never been to.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 09:27 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yeah. Clueless Joe is at it again. But I am sure he will pretend to be an expert on a stadium he has never been to.

All I did was report what people who actually have been to the stadium said about it as well as made a point about how the new scoreboard additions alone are unlikely to attract a BCS Nat'l Championship game. Sorry that gets your panties in a bunch. 

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:All I did was report what people who actually have been to the stadium said about it as well as made a point about how the new scoreboard additions alone are unlikely to attract a BCS Nat'l Championship game. Sorry that gets your panties in a bunch. 

Comments made to you almost ten years ago?

The new upgrades aren't just scoreboards anyway. But I'm sure you probably knew that.

;

;

Quote:Comments made to you almost ten years ago?

The new upgrades aren't just scoreboards anyway. But I'm sure you probably knew that.

Yup, read the articles...other than a few other minor upgrades, the scoreboards are indeed pretty much the 'main event'. Sorry that angers you. 

So what is angering me exactly?

;

;

Great news. The movie night next summer will be epic.

;

;

Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself until the government regulations keep him from fishing.

The IRS once took over a house of ill repute in Las Vegas and ran it into the ground.  Can we really trust redistributing money?  I got a solution for hungry kids...  free and reduced breakfast, lunch and provided snacks.  Oh wait that is already happening.  So what would be done with the money?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Yup, read the articles...other than a few other minor upgrades, the scoreboards are indeed pretty much the 'main event'. Sorry that angers you. 

They're demolishing a good portion of the north end zone to add a party deck on that end of the stadium.  Apparently that's not a significant renovation as far as your concerned.  It's a minor upgrade. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:All I did was report what people who actually have been to the stadium said about it as well as made a point about how the new scoreboard additions alone are unlikely to attract a BCS Nat'l Championship game. Sorry that gets your panties in a bunch. 

I guess that's all you have to rely upon considering you've never actually been in the stadium.  10 years ago?  That was 2 scoreboards ago as well.  You'd know this if you'd actually ever been in the stadium.  If you don't have anything current to offer to the discussion, maybe you should just not contribute? 

Quote:They're demolishing a good portion of the north end zone to add a party deck on that end of the stadium.  Apparently that's not a significant renovation as far as your concerned.  It's a minor upgrade. 

I am interested in seeing what it looks like next summer when everything is done. Seeing what Khan has done with upgrades in the stadium so far, I imagine it is going to turn out nice.

Quote:I am interested in seeing what it looks like next summer when everything is done. Seeing what Khan has done with upgrades in the stadium so far, I imagine it is going to turn out nice.
Many of us are wondering if our seats will be impacted.