Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
14-23 180 yds 0 TD and 2 INT

Quote:The QB position is so hard to find that every QB drafted is pretty much boom or bust.

Im fine with any QB in the draft. Seriously. The Jaguars have drafted two since my 14th birthday.

Not really.  It's hard to find, yes.  But a lot of Quarterbacks can turn out to be 'average' or 'above average'. I think Manziel is one who will either do great, or do terrible (and I think he'll gravitate towards terrible).  His skillset just isn't what is desirable in an NFL Quarterback.  I certainly won't be fine with 'any' QB in the draft.  I'll be happy with one if they're successful.  Back when Gabbs was drafted, I was happy just to draft a QB.  Then... it didn't turn out so well.

The Jaguars have drafted a single QB since my 29th birthday.  That was almost a decade ago.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not really.  It's hard to find, yes.  But a lot of Quarterbacks can turn out to be 'average' or 'above average'. I think Manziel is one who will either do great, or do terrible (and I think he'll gravitate towards terrible).  His skillset just isn't what is desirable in an NFL Quarterback.  I certainly won't be fine with 'any' QB in the draft.  I'll be happy with one if they're successful.  Back when Gabbs was drafted, I was happy just to draft a QB.  Then... it didn't turn out so well.

The Jaguars have drafted a single QB since my 29th birthday.  That was almost a decade ago.
Average QBs don't last long as starters in this league. If your not worthy of building a franchise around, your days are numbered.

Quote:If we don't get TB because TB get TB we will draft another QB.

Isn't tuberculosis contagious?  

Yea henne did have a bad game but it was still better than garbage gabberts best game this season.  I wanna see Stanzi in there

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Yea henne did have a bad game but it was still better than garbage gabberts best game this season. I wanna see Stanzi in there
Just leave Henne in and don't draft anyone. He's a winner

Quote:Not really.  It's hard to find, yes.  But a lot of Quarterbacks can turn out to be 'average' or 'above average'. I think Manziel is one who will either do great, or do terrible (and I think he'll gravitate towards terrible).  His skillset just isn't what is desirable in an NFL Quarterback.  I certainly won't be fine with 'any' QB in the draft.  I'll be happy with one if they're successful.  Back when Gabbs was drafted, I was happy just to draft a QB.  Then... it didn't turn out so well.

Manziel is a poor man's Doug Flutie.  Flutie did well in the NFL, but he needed good talent and a good coach to get a team into the play-offs. 

Again, it's about what we put around our QB.  But I honestly hope we don't get Manziel, unless we do it in the 3rd round.

Quote:Manziel is a poor man's Doug Flutie.  Flutie did well in the NFL, but he needed good talent and a good coach to get a team into the play-offs. 

Again, it's about what we put around our QB.  But I honestly hope we don't get Manziel, unless we do it in the 3rd round.
Doug Flutie is nothing athletically compared to Manziel.

To tell you the truth, and a lot of people are gonna chastise me for this, but I think he is a quicker Russell Wilson.

Quote:Average QBs don't last long as starters in this league. If your not worthy of building a franchise around, your days are numbered.
Average QB's can last a long time if a team can't find a replacement. Guys like Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan are all, in my opinion, average QB's. But yes, if they are average then the team is always trying to find the next Brady, Brees, Manning. The problem is teams with average QB's are rarely in position to draft the next stud QB coming out in the draft so they try to build teams with what picks they have.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote: But I honestly hope we don't get Manziel, unless we do it in the 3rd round.
I'm not promoting Manziel, but he isn't likely to make it out of the top of the 2nd round.  It's more likely he goes late in the 1st. 

Quote:Manziel is a poor man's Doug Flutie.  Flutie did well in the NFL, but he needed good talent and a good coach to get a team into the play-offs. 

I don't know if he's a poor man's Doug Flutie but he is a chaotic reckless QB in a Doug Flutie body who has great WR's bailing him out of poor decisions. He's Ryan Leaf in a Doug Flutie body. I doubt his game will tranfer to the NFL game. It will be interesting to see what the GM's decide on draft day.

Regards..............the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 12:13 AM by Joe.)

Quote: 

Average QB's can last a long time if a team can't find a replacement. Guys like Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan are all, in my opinion, average QB's. But yes, if they are average then the team is always trying to find the next Brady, Brees, Manning. The problem is teams with average QB's are rarely in position to draft the next stud QB coming out in the draft so they try to build teams with what picks they have.

Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Phillip Rivers, and Matt Ryan were all high first round draft picks, regardless if you think they are average or not, obviously someone believed in them.

Those players are not even close to average anyway, especially Phillip Rivers. If you draft a QB and they turn out like that, its a win. If any of them were in this draft, people would be complaining about us not tanking the season for them.

An average QB is David Garrard in my mind.

I hope to God we're not missing out on a franchise QB, because a year from now no one is going to remember or care about a win like this one.

I have said all year, You never hope to lose, or even want to lose. Not for a college QB that may or may not be a bust. TB may be the next Peyton Manning, or the next Vince young. Nobody has a crystal ball. If he is there, we get him, if not, some other QB will be drafted. The players on this team need to learn how to win NOW.  It's nice the message board is finally showing up with a few people that agree with the message, Just win. Win now. Win next week, Win them all. There are no guarantees, and TB is not the "cant miss" everyone says. Any college player can end up a bust.  Believe it or not, but the vets on this team know it, the coaches know it, and anyone that has followed football for a few decades knows there are no Guaranteed HOF draft picks. You take a win anyday.Nice job Jaguars..

Quote: 

I don't think Stafford or Romo are average at all. They're above average at worst.  They have their flaws, but Brady/Brees/Manning/Rodgers -- that's 1/8th of the league is all.  Brady and Manning are getting up there, and Brady isn't what he used to be either. 

Schaub is a good example of average though.  With good play, he will keep you in a game, but if you get behind you can pretty much count on it being a loss.

I think it's about both -- and I think some team will take a flier on Johnny Collegeball in the 1st.  They did with Tebow.  Might even be the Texans.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

If David Garrard was available again as a rookie again, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He got us in the playoffs twice and put up numbers just below what Brunell did with half the talent around him, a GM who desperately wanted to bury him, and a HC who wanted to run a 1970's offense. Lord knows what he could've done with the talent Brunell had to work with and a coach like Coughlin.

Quote:If David Garrard was available again as a rookie again, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He got us in the playoffs twice and put up numbers just below what Brunell did with half the talent around him, a GM who desperately wanted to bury him, and a HC who wanted to run a 1970's offense. Lord knows what he could've done with the talent Brunell had to work with and a coach like Coughlin.
Coughlin drafted Garrard.

QB rating of 49.2....

If Gus is crazy enough to start Chad Heinous this week, stand up and BOOOOOO like crazy and chant GAB-BERT! GAB-BERT! GAB-BERT! every time Chad Heinous throws one of his patented batted down passes. He's good for about a half-dozen per game so try not to wear out your tonsils. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Coughlin drafted Garrard.
And Jack Del Rio, Gene Smith and his crappy scouting department screwed him over.

Del Rio was a complete idiot with a towel-snapping sense of humor. He still is. He actually started Byron Leftwich wearing an air-splint on his glass ankle when all David did was delivered Jacksonville a playoff birth.

We can make educated guesses who fed GM Dave the likes of  "Erased" Sanders and "Cluelesses" Robinson. Former GM Gene Smith's pick, Cecil Shorts III is borderline "too small" and it shows. Sanders and Robinson, who was drafted without having a proven pro position, are not making any impact except according to the PR wing nuts.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Manziel is still my choice.... he puts up numbers.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I would take Manziel at the top of the 2nd. We were close to taking Tyrann, but he went one rd sooner than Caldwell wanted. A sign that Caldwell is willing to overlook character issues. Trading up into the bottom of the first for Manziel may be an option too if TB drafts TB 1st overall.
His willingness to overlook character issues as you indicate has probably changed over the past couple of weeks.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]