Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon 1000 Yards?

Quote:People notice when you are right  - it's just not as much fun to point out as when you are wrong.  :woot:

I also think this whole think is greater in your perception than it is in reality, TMD.  You don't need to seek validation.  If you aren't feeling any after 39,000 posts, it isn't going to suddenly happen here.

That's a very valid point sir. See, TMD we are trying to help.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am looking forward to seeing how Brown plays this week, and Burton upon his return as well. Both of them look like they have got some skills. 

He does have a shot at 1000 yards.

I like how the coaches are putting him in the slot.  I believe it's the best area for him to play and really do damage.

The guy is a beast.  Throw it up and let him out fight the defenders for the ball.  I really like what I have seen this year so far.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He does have a shot at 1000 yards.

I like how the coaches are putting him in the slot.  I believe it's the best area for him to play and really do damage.

The guy is a beast.  Throw it up and let him out fight the defenders for the ball.  I really like what I have seen this year so far.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:haha, no, I'm just one of those people that for whatever reason everyone remembers everything I say when its wrong but no one ever seems to remember anything I say when its correct/ ahead of the curve. Its just annoying.,...and usually causes me to have to remind everyone. but whatever.... It is what it is. It'll probably always be that way too. Karma is just against me. Always has been. 
Maybe it's because you think your opinions are infallible and then annoyingly try to cram that opinion down everyone's throat by hijacking threads to the point you get suspended from the board.

Wild guess.

Quote:I never advocate trading legit stars who have their whole prime ahead of them, so your little attempt at humor is a flop. 
You wanted to trade Cecil Shorts. Does he not fit your mold of, "legit stars who have their whole prime ahead of them"?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You wanted to trade Cecil Shorts. Does he not fit your mold of, "legit stars who have their whole prime ahead of them"?

I don't consider Cecil Shorts a star player. Star players play like star players independent of their surroundings, which Blackmon does. Shorts, OTOH, needs Blackmon for him to perform at his apex. 

Quote: 

He's basically uncoverable from the slot. Its genius. 

Quote:I don't consider Cecil Shorts a star player. Star players play like star players independent of their surroundings, which Blackmon does. Shorts, OTOH, needs Blackmon for him to perform at his apex. 
What has Blackmon done that Shorts hasn't that makes Blackmon a superior player at this point in their careers?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:What has Blackmon done that Shorts hasn't that makes Blackmon a superior player at this point in their careers?

Given it's a short sample of two games for Blackmon this season (but it goes back to last season too) but have you not seen them play? If you have, I know you have, I'd say the answer is pretty obvious. Blackmon's ability >> Shorts' ability. Shorts will be a great complimentary receiver but Justin is on an entirely different level in terms of what he's capable of. We're just seeing the beginning with Blackmon. If he keeps his head on straight he has incredible potential, he's the most talented player this team has had since Freddy T's younger years. He's a special player and it's going to be fun to watch him and Cecil grow together with a legitimate quarterback. Toss in a true pass catching TE and this offense is going to be exciting to watch. Hopefully we have a new offensive scheme to go along with all this.

If you didn't insist you were right all the time before it was possible to know and just counter everybody arguments with the lalala I'm right and because you don't agree your all idiots defense people wouldn't have so much fun crowing when your wrong.

some basic people skills and people would be more likely to offer validation

Feels like group therapy on this board today

Shorts is struggling with double coverage due to the type of receiver he is, he is a speed receiver best on the deep routes being forced to run short routes to try get a first meaning he hasn't had a real opportunity to use his speed

both have weaknesses and strengths

Shorts isn't great at catching through contact which is something he needs to work on

Blackman is better at it but doesn't have the separation speed to break away from defenders with turf in front of him

that being said he looks faster than last year but I remember the Texans game where he laborered to get free on a deep slant

Added we need to see what happens when he is double covered urging the broncos misscouted him and thought they could end him with press coverage I don't think they will make that mistake again

Still looking forward to what happens next week

He'll get 1200.... Remember... he eats up garbage time......

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Defensive coordinators are going to start scheming to shut him down.  We'll see how that impacts his production moving forward.  Is it possible?  Absolutely, especially after watching this guy the past couple of weeks. It'll be one of the fun stories to follow the rest of the year.

I realize this would largely depend upon personnel, but I wonder if defenses would have more success against him in man or zone.

Blackmon has a knack for finding open spots in zone coverage, and he seems too physical for most DBs, especially if lined up in the slot against a typical nickel back.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Or trade him while he still has value.

^^ LOL

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2013, 09:47 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He'll get 1200.... Remember... he eats up garbage time......

No, thats Shorts. 

Blackmon beasts all the time/ the entire game.

Quote:He's basically uncoverable from the slot. Its genius. 
So now our OC is a genius?  Huh, i guess i'll disregard the rest of your comments from the previous weeks.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2013, 10:21 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So now our OC is a genius?  Huh, i guess i'll disregard the rest of your comments from the previous weeks.

Comprehension issues?.....Check!

Touting one specific move as genius doesn't tout the entire body of work as genius. 

If Justin Blackmon has a good QB with a sub decent Oline I think he'll have a great season based on this week's performance.  It would appear that him and Chad Henne do better than him & Blaine.

Quote:no karma meaning just the way things happen for whatever reason.

Things happen for a reason. Typically bad situations come after a series of bad decisions and choices. Don't blame Karma.

Quote:Comprehension issues?.....Check!

Touting one specific move as genius doesn't tout the entire body of work as genius. 
Message board troll claiming he know's more than professional coaches and GMs?....Check!