Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon 1000 Yards?

I know he's missed the first four games but he's on pace, although he won't stay on pace, for 1900+ yards. Does he get it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he doesn't get there, he'll get real close.

He currently has 326 in 2 games.. I think it's possible. 

if cecil is out for a longer period of time, he has a good chance.

If he stays healthy - I could see him ending up just under or just over 1000.  

If a few of the better secondaries double him up well, he might come up short. 

AT the pace he's at now, he'll get it by practically week 10. 

,,,,but we know he can't keep that up, right?,,,,,,,, right?? :ermm: 

If he doesn't get injured or another suspension he'll make it. He's the best WR and the only legitmate guy with Shorts injured.

It depends on who else is on the field drawing coverage away from him, and to some extent, it depends on how "the league" decides to defend him. 

He's got size and strength, very good hands and RAC potential.  He seems to have the kind of big body that creates space for itself - guys can be near him but they aren't really impeding him.  Jimmy Smith had that.

It's encouraging to see how well he has done coming back from the suspension.  He's had amazing success, really.  A lot of WRs have giant egos, but Justin doesn't seem that way.  Let's hope he stays true to his talent and to his teammates, and learns how to deal positively with the success he will surely have. 

It was also good to see Mike Brown and Denard Robinson get some catches.  Ace Sanders has been very steady as a rookie, contributing from day 1 in a tough situation.  And we all know what Shorts III can do when healthy.  They're all very young but getting better, and hopefully can make enough plays to keep defenses from tilting coverage to Blackmon. 

The young DBs and WRs are definitely fun to watch and a big part of this team's future going forward.

Quote:It depends on who else is on the field drawing coverage away from him, and to some extent, it depends on how "the league" decides to defend him. 

n a tough situation.  And we all know what Shorts III can do when healthy.  They're all very young but getting better, and hopefully can make enough plays to keep defenses from tilting coverage to Blackmon. 

Possible. But Blackmon only had Brown/ Williams on the other side this past week and it didn't slow him down. 

Plus, they are getting creative and lining Blackmon up in the slot where he's essentially uncoverable. 

Blackmom wasent kidding when he said he was in the best shape of his career was he? Anyone have a catch compilation for the Denver game?

Quote: 

He's got size and strength, very good hands and RAC potential. 

Did anyone else notice the stat they flashed during the game when at one point Justin had 80 yards after catch - opposed to 96 YAC for the entire broncs WR group?

Quote:Did anyone else notice the stat they flashed during the game when at one point Justin had 80 yards after catch - opposed to 96 YAC for the entire broncs WR group?

Yeah, I saw that. It was pretty awesome while it lasted.

Defensive coordinators are going to start scheming to shut him down.  We'll see how that impacts his production moving forward.  Is it possible?  Absolutely, especially after watching this guy the past couple of weeks. It'll be one of the fun stories to follow the rest of the year.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Defensive coordinators are going to start scheming to shut him down.  We'll see how that impacts his production moving forward.  Is it possible?  Absolutely, especially after watching this guy the past couple of weeks. It'll be one of the fun stories to follow the rest of the year.

But.. but we should put him on the IR and save him for the Teddy. We don't want any fun as fans.

Quote:But.. but we should put him on the IR and save him for the Teddy. We don't want any fun as fans.

Yes because thats an exact comparison to Cecil... oh, wait...

Quote:Yes because thats an exact comparison to Cecil... oh, wait...

Who said I was mocking you? I've seen a few people around here say shelf him for next year and its completely ridiculous. He needs to play and develop.

Quote:But.. but we should put him on the IR and save him for the Teddy. We don't want any fun as fans.

Or trade him while he still has value. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Or trade him while he still has value.

Yeah... who needs young cornerstones to build around on offense. Really though its scary to think Blackmon hasen't reached his potential and is already putting up these numbers. In some respects he reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

A patriots fan told me that he thought Justin would be the best receiver in the league with an above average QB.  He told me this in August.  

I'm starting to think maybe he wasn't just being kind. 

Quote:Yeah... who needs young cornerstones to build around on offense. Really though its scary to think Blackmon hasen't reached his potential and is already putting up these numbers. In some respects he reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

If he's durable, and he can keep his off field antics under control, he's got the potential to be something special.  That should really gin up his trade value. Banana