Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
POTUS Ranking

Quote:This is interesting. I was told that I'm somehow related to George Washington through one his sisters. We might be distant cousins.

Sup cuz!!

Yea my grandfather was curious and had some guy who researches lineage basically go back like 400 years and was able to find thus out. He's like great x9 grandfather.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll just do my personal top 10 for now, too early for me to put Trump anywhere.

1. George Washington

2. Abraham Lincoln

3. Andrew Jackson

4. Thomas Jefferson

5. FDR

6. Dwight Eisenhower

7. Calvin Coolidge

8. Teddy Roosevelt

9. Ronald Reagan

10. JFK

BONUS

44. Lyndon B. Johnson

1.  George Washington   ( by far ).

2.  through 6.  The other founding fathers.

7.  Abraham Lincoln

8.  Ronald Reagan

Abraham Lincoln was a tyrant kills me so many people make him a folk hero.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Abraham Lincoln was a tyrant kills me so many people make him a folk hero.
Aren't all wartime Presidents tyrants to some extent, though? His main interest was in preventing the United States from collapsing entirely, and up until 1863 or so, it didn't look like he'd do it.

1. Barack Hussein Obama

Quote:Abraham Lincoln was a tyrant kills me so many people make him a folk hero.

I feel similarly about Reagan.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Aren't all wartime Presidents tyrants to some extent, though? His main interest was in preventing the United States from collapsing entirely, and up until 1863 or so, it didn't look like he'd do it.

They like to say Lincoln preserved the Union, but he actually REPLACED the Union.  The United States ceased to exist in 1863 when Congress failed to seat a quorum.  After the war, a corporation called the UNITED STATES was created and we have been under British Admiralty Law ever since. 

Quote:Aren't all wartime Presidents tyrants to some extent, though? His main interest was in preventing the United States from collapsing entirely, and up until 1863 or so, it didn't look like he'd do it.

Not to the extent of Lincoln, drafting foreign fighters to invade sovereign states. Suspending constitutional amendments, ignoring supreme Court rulings,using military tribunals to skirt civil rights, employing gorrilla warfare against southern civilians not involved in combat, I can go on and on the man was hands down the most vile, destructive, and deceitful president ever. Lincoln set more precendent used to abuse federal power than anyone before him and anyone long after him.

The worse part about Lincoln is his assassination came to late.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This thread is the equivalent of putting JaMarcus Russell in the Hall of Fame circa August 2007.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:1.  George Washington   ( by far ).

2.  through 6.  The other founding fathers.
I'd like to point out that of the seven men generally considered to be the founding fathers of the USA, only four were ever president. 

Quote:I'd like to point out that of the seven men generally considered to be the founding fathers of the USA, only four were ever president. 

Maybe a better way to phrase what I said previously are the first 6 Presidents of the United States are at the top of my rankings list.  With # 2 to # 6 being at or close to the same high level:

1. George Washington

2 to 6:

John Adams

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

James Monroe

John Quincy Adams

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016, 03:19 PM by Caldrac.)

I'll just stick to three that I respect the most from our overall history. 

3. Thomas Jefferson - I rank him this high because of his overall body of work, especially because he was a founding father and principal author of the Declaration of Independence along with the Louisiana Purchase which was HUGE for our country's future. He strengthened our nation's trade and shipping interest's to combat Barbary Pirates and the British as well. 

2. John F. Kennedy - I respect this man. Despite only serving as our president for two years. I respect and admire the fact that he had a lot of courage to step forward during an interesting time and era in our country's history. Whether you believe he was killed by a lone gunman. Or, you believe that he was taken out by his own fellow people and insiders. One thing's for certain. He believed in what was best for our country and he had the most well thought and polished way of delivering his messages and views to the public. The amount of work he put between the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Bay of Pigs invasion and also the Civil Rights Movement is pretty impressive. 

1. George Washington - He's the father of our country. He helped build and lead the foundation of our nation for the years and generations to come. He was a solider and statesman that backed up his beliefs with his men when he had to out onto the battlefield. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I'll just stick to three that I respect the most from our overall history. 

3. Thomas Jefferson - I rank him this high because of his overall body of work, especially because he was a founding father and principal author of the Declaration of Independence along with the Louisiana Purchase which was HUGE for our country's future. He strengthened our nation's trade and shipping interest's to combat Barbary Pirates and the British as well. 

2. John F. Kennedy - I respect this man. Despite only serving as our president for two years. I respect and admire the fact that he had a lot of courage to step forward during an interesting time and era in our country's history. Whether you believe he was killed by a lone gunman. Or, you believe that he was taken out by his own fellow people and insiders. One thing's for certain. He believed in what was best for our country and he had the most well thought and polished way of delivering his messages and views to the public. The amount of work he put between the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Bay of Pigs invasion and also the Civil Rights Movement is pretty impressive. 

1. George Washington - He's the father of our country. He helped build and lead the foundation of our nation for the years and generations to come. He was a solider and statesman that backed up his beliefs with his men when he had to out onto the battlefield. 

JFK was the last of the classic liberals. His fortitudinous displays for events at home and abroad, coupled with his adeptness in diplomacy, made him a true man of his time. I remember watching a made for TV movie about the Kennedy brothers which was centered around the events of the Cuban missile crisis. The artistic license the obviously lefty movie producers used to paint a fawning sycophantic historical view was so cloying that it almost triggered a gag reflex. The irony being that JFK wouldn't recognize the Democrat party today and probably wouldn't approve of its direction.  One could almost see him shaking his head at the mention of Hillary's name. Although, he and Bill would have gotten along famously.  Wink

Quote:The irony being that JFK wouldn't recognize the Democrat party today and probably wouldn't approve of its direction.
Same could be said for the Republicans of the time and the GOP now. 

Quote:Same could be said for the Republicans of the time and the GOP now. 

Both have definitely moved left. 

Quote:Although, he and Bill would have gotten along famously.  Wink
Kennedy: Gene Tierney, Angie Dickinson, Marilyn Monroe.

Clinton: Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinski

No, they have very little in common.

Quote:Kennedy: Gene Tierney, Angie Dickinson, Marilyn Monroe.

Clinton: Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinski

No, they have very little in common.

Clinton is more of a Tiger Woods guy.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Paula Jones after a few shots of Jack would be feasible.

Quote:Paula Jones after a few gallons of Jack would be feasible.
FTFY