Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There Isn't A Single Thing To Be Upset About Anymore.

Quote:I guess I'm drunk on the Teal KoolAid because even though the team is horrible on both sides of the ball I feel compelled to watch the games (maybe its the money I've invested over the years in support of the franchise, maybe its pure loyalty) but I support the Jaguars. I just wish they would get their heads out of the butts and play with some heart & pride. I know they may not have the talent, but if you get two hands on a guy you should be able to do the most basic thing you learn as a child loving the game (wrap it up) make the tackle!

Nothing upsets me more than them getting hands on a guy and not wrapping it up.

Actually, that is probably the one thing they are doing is playing with heart me pride. They haven't quit in any of the games and the defense has played hard. But you can play hard and still suck which the Jags are showing. Are you even watching the games?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why?

What's the point?

Is it going to change anything?

We knew this team was going to be bad this year. They gutted the roster. A year from now this team should be in a better place if the front office knows what they're doing. Let's give it a chance.

The front office knows what they're doing... I've heard this before from you.... lol... difference is now I believe it. A few years back they didn't and it's quite apparent.

The sad part is, this is the way the first 'rebuild' should have been done. Then maybe we wouldn't have had to endure the last several years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I was happy to see the Jaguars score 3 times versus the Seahawks. I was predicting one score either a field goal or touchdown. Titans beat the Chargers yesterday. Maybe Jaguars will be able to beat the Chargers.?!

I see all these post it is the Gm, the coach, the coordinators, the owner, were moving, the QB stinks and so on and so fourth. I believe the real reason everyone is upset including myself. Because since 2008 We have not had a team over 500.

All we here is we will be better every year. Yet cue Aerosmith "Same old song and dance"
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We are upset because we are not winning enough? Ground breaking!
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif'>http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif</a>

Wow. Earth shattering revelation.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM by Scarecrow.)

I'm not sure this needed a new thread CT, this fits about half a dozen threads rehashing the same issues.

I understand people's frustrations. I get it. However, I feel several are overreacting in week 3. I will take a wait and see approach either way. I like some things Caldwell and Bradley have done and dislike other things they've done. I'm willing to give them more than three games before I make too much of a judgement on their overall success.

Lot's of passion in this thread, a lot of us feel the same way. Upset, or understanding as we are....... I am one that understands the rebuild process, and as another post read, I drink the koolaid and still watch the games no matter what.

I believe in what Khan is doing, I understand what Caldwell is trying to build and I just enjoy the PASSION our coach has. The next six to eight months are going to be interesting for sure. We just have to keep our composure and be patient. The team is playing hard. We just need a few more to be competitive. 

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I think we have had a harder schedule this year. And if the raiders keep it close or win it will show exactly that. The chiefs are undefeated so are the Seahawks.

#Gojags

We either get better or don't. But fact remains still lucky to have a Nfl team in our city.

#Gojags

Quote:We either get better or don't. But fact remains still lucky to have a Nfl team in our city.

Touche!!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:I think we have had a harder schedule this year. And if the raiders keep it close or win it will show exactly that. The chiefs are undefeated so are the Seahawks.
We had the last place schedule, what do you expect?

<P align=center>Gentlemen, this is a football. It is simply blocking and tackling.
;
- Vince Lombardi </P><P align=center> 

Quote:Why?

What's the point?

Is it going to change anything?

We knew this team was going to be bad this year. They gutted the roster. A year from now this team should be in a better place if the front office knows what they're doing. Let's give it a chance.

Well, I'd like to have hope.  And I vacillate between being patient and being appalled.

Indy - one year turn around from a bad roster.

KC - one year turn around by adding an experienced, excellent coach who was on the market and a real NFL qb who was on the market (both while we hired a rookie coach and a rookie GM, keeping the same scrub qbs that we knew couldn't play.)

Miami -  2 year turnaround.

BUT, I watch and listen to Gus Bradley and think, "That's a guy I'd work for, go to battle for."

And, Teddy Bridgewater.

So, yeah.  Disappointed, disheartened, but clinging to hope for next year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:I was happy to see the Jaguars score 3 times versus the Seahawks. I was predicting one score either a field goal or touchdown. Titans beat the Chargers yesterday. Maybe Jaguars will be able to beat the Chargers.?!

I especially like our chances to score when we start 1st and goal at the opponents 2 yard line.

Quote:Well, I'd like to have hope.  And I vacillate between being patient and being appalled.

Indy - one year turn around from a bad roster.

KC - one year turn around by adding an experienced, excellent coach who was on the market and a real NFL qb who was on the market (both while we hired a rookie coach and a rookie GM, keeping the same scrub qbs that we knew couldn't play.)

Miami -  2 year turnaround.

BUT, I watch and listen to Gus Bradley and think, "That's a guy I'd work for, go to battle for."

And, Teddy Bridgewater.

So, yeah.  Disappointed, disheartened, but clinging to hope for next year.

Indy wasn't bad, they needed a QB.

The Chiefs weren't bad, they needed a QB and a coach.

Miami's been working on a turnaround for over a decade.

But those cases certainly prove that the Jaguars could turn around if they fix the interior O-line and get a QB.

Or it might take 3 more years.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I especially like our chances to score when we start 1st and goal at the opponents 2 yard line.

Is it bad that I really thought they would screw that up too? I was thinking "Pick Six" the whole time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Everything is just fine. They have those wonderful helmets now.

Quote:Everything is just fine. They have those wonderful helmets now.

At least those garbage uniforms ensure that this team has no resemblance to the good teams of the 90s.

Quote:Indy wasn't bad, they needed a QB.

The Chiefs weren't bad, they needed a QB and a coach.

Miami's been working on a turnaround for over a decade.

But those cases certainly prove that the Jaguars could turn around if they fix the interior O-line and get a QB.

Or it might take 3 more years.

Indy's roster was bad.  they needed more than just a competent qb after Peyton went down.  Ryan Griggson has done a masterful job of rebuilding that roster.

KC was a good roster.  But my point was that both the key pieces they added were available to us, but the FO didn't have the vision to get them.

Miami has been rebuilding for 10 years under at least 3 different regimes.  Sound familiar?  But this regime has engineered what appears to be  2 year turnaround.

One could have hoped to be marginally better than last year's roster.  Otherwise, why gut it in the first place?  But the season is young and we can't make definitive judgments 3 games in.

In any case, if the new FO is competent at all, things will look better after next off-season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!