Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talk about the Season Opener

****DISCLAIMER***** THIS POST IS ABOUT A BS CONSPIRACY THEORY****** NOTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY***** DISCLAIMER*****

OFC after Harvey and the flooding of Houston, it only makes sense that in NO Saints style, they will surpass all odds and raise the Lombardi in their city as a sign of unity and overcoming adversity.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^ I don't think so. I mean this is Florida. If we had a Lombardi for every hurricane or tropical storm we'd be an elite dynasty. The devastation in Houston is unfortunate and terrible but in no way as tragic as Katrina. The lack of government involvement was sickening.

The refs are gonna job us hard on this one boys. That much I do know.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 05:48 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-03-2017, 11:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You guys are already chalking up an 0-2 start.

Sheesh. You've never even seen our starting defense take the field!  Stop living in fear.

I am still waiting for people to explain why they are so doom and gloom about the Jaguars all the time. Winning consistently helps, but there is no excuse for expecting a bad year as soon as the roster has only 53 players. This game is very winnable.

We will send them back to their flood ravaged homes broken and defeated. There is no mercy in football. We should know, look at our record.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 08:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-04-2017, 05:45 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 11:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You guys are already chalking up an 0-2 start.

Sheesh. You've never even seen our starting defense take the field!  Stop living in fear.

I am still waiting for people to explain why they are so doom and gloom about the Jaguars all the time. Winning consistently helps, but there is no excuse for expecting a bad year as soon as the roster has only 53 players. This game is very winnable.

JW, there certainly IS an excuse for expecting a bad year.  We've had something like 7 straight bad years, and the preseason has revealed a team that looks exactly like last year's team.

So, no excuse to expect a bad year? That statement is not logical.

I thought an open competition for starting QB in the third preseason game was the standard formula for success.

I actually see Harvey as a huge advantage for the Jags. The texans offseason issues haven't been worked out and will carry over to the first game. That storm has been a huge distraction. Good storyline I'm sure the NFL wants to exploit but I don't see it boosting a team to new heights. Don't ya think the Jags organization is aware of this fodder? Incentive to really perfect your game plan and fundamentals.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This game is a no-win situation for us. If we do happen to have more points on the board at the end of the game, every sporting news broadcast and article will start with: 

"Heavily distracted by the deadly carnage hurricane Harvey wrought upon their city, the Texans were unable to pull out a win against the struggling Jaguars..."

Or, 

"Sensing an opportunity to eke out a win against a distressed opponent, the Jaguars were able to defeat an already subdued Houston team..." 

Or, 

"Despite the best efforts by on-field officials, the Jaguars won today..."

*sigh* Look what this team has done to me.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 10:30 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-04-2017, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 05:45 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I am still waiting for people to explain why they are so doom and gloom about the Jaguars all the time. Winning consistently helps, but there is no excuse for expecting a bad year as soon as the roster has only 53 players. This game is very winnable.

JW, there certainly IS an excuse for expecting a bad year.  We've had something like 7 straight bad years, and the preseason has revealed a team that looks exactly like last year's team.  

So, no excuse to expect a bad year?   That statement is not logical.

Let's go one week at a time on this one. We can beat the Texans in Houston because we have different players and coaches and, being the first week instead of the 15th, a short list of injuries.

(09-04-2017, 09:21 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I actually see Harvey as a huge advantage for the Jags. The texans offseason issues haven't been worked out and will carry over to the first game. That storm has been a huge distraction. Good storyline I'm sure the NFL wants to exploit but I don't see it boosting a team to new heights. Don't ya think the Jags organization is aware of this fodder? Incentive to really perfect your game plan and fundamentals.

The Texans could work out everything in the offseason. Most of preseason was not a problem either. Our only advantage is having four preseason games.

[Image: Yak93Q.jpg]
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 01:37 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-03-2017, 11:06 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No way we win this game. Looking on to week 2 already

With the Texans starting Savage there's still a chance for a low-scoring win. Week two I just don't see us stopping that offense. If you're looking at week 2 already, then you might as well just start looking at week 3.

That's the spirit boys!!. Laughing

No damn wonder those friggin ice cream jokes were so popular on this board. Soft, soooo soft.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

How about let's wait until after Week 1 games are over to worry about Week 2? We don't know enough about any team until next week.

Lol at "wide receivers are the biggest difference". Yeah for us. Dede Westbrook would start in Houston and he's our 4th receiver. Houston isn't even that good to blow anyone out, has their starting LT reported to the team yet? If not they should be just as worried as us about the OL. Ramsey and Bouye back. Jags win if Bortles doesn't turn the ball over.

(09-03-2017, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clearly the tinhorns' pass rush vs the Jags' shaky O-Line is the headline issue in this game.

Other factors include:
- The Jags full starting defense on the field together for the first time vs an offense led by a mid-tier QB and missing it's #2 receiver.  Jags will need to force a turnover or two to give their own struggling offense a chance.

- Leonard Fournette behind a questionable O-Line.  Can he be effective without consistent open lanes to run through? What does Hackett have up his sleeve to jump-start a faltering run game?

- The Bortles conundrum.  Can he settle down early in the game and throw accurately without being down on the scoreboard?
I think he'll need to show this staff that he can do that consistently or he'll end the season on the bench.  If he's got that deer in headlights look in the pocket  (like the bucs preseason game) every week, I think Marrone will make a change by or before the bye week.

I think you're being very generous calling Tom Savage a mid tier QB. I'm having trouble thinking of 3 other teams that he would start on.

(09-04-2017, 02:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clearly the tinhorns' pass rush vs the Jags' shaky O-Line is the headline issue in this game.

Other factors include:
- The Jags full starting defense on the field together for the first time vs an offense led by a mid-tier QB and missing it's #2 receiver.  Jags will need to force a turnover or two to give their own struggling offense a chance.

- Leonard Fournette behind a questionable O-Line.  Can he be effective without consistent open lanes to run through? What does Hackett have up his sleeve to jump-start a faltering run game?

- The Bortles conundrum.  Can he settle down early in the game and throw accurately without being down on the scoreboard?
I think he'll need to show this staff that he can do that consistently or he'll end the season on the bench.  If he's got that deer in headlights look in the pocket  (like the bucs preseason game) every week, I think Marrone will make a change by or before the bye week.

I think you're being very generous calling Tom Savage a mid tier QB. I'm having trouble thinking of 3 other teams that he would start on.

Obviously the Jets would be one of them, which is not saying much.

People who call Tom Savage a mid-tier QB are just thinking about what he did to us in Week 15. The problem with that is we never watched him throw to  A.J. Bouye in practice.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 02:19 PM by Jagwired.)

Did the tinhorns get an O-line sometime and y'all didn't tell me? I think maybe the Jags D stands as good or better a chance of wrecking their line than theirs wrecking ours. Yannick/Fowler might have field days . Calais C and Malik J are going to require double teams.

Savage is the one who better be mobile with his head on a swivel..

If this game comes down to defense then the edge has to go to the Tin horns.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 02:28 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-04-2017, 02:18 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Did the tinhorns get an O-line sometime and y'all didn't tell me? I think maybe the Jags D stands as good or better a chance of wrecking their line than theirs wrecking ours. Yannick/Fowler might have field days . Calais C and Malik J are going to require double teams.

Savage is the one who better be mobile with his head on a swivel..

I read Chris Clark might move to the left side, which makes no sense because he was the backup RT last year. Isaac Newton got hurt in week 7 so Clark has started at RF since week 8. Whether that is enough experience to go against our guys or not, time will tell, but I am optimistic it's not. There is obviously a reason he needed injuries to play last year.

(09-04-2017, 02:24 PM)uthill Wrote: If this game comes down to defense then the edge has to go to the Tin horns.

If true it's only a slight edge because of Watt IMO. Outside of him, position for position I like the Jags D.