Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCarthy on the hot seat?

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 07:59 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:I dont think so, I have thought he underperformed with the talent he had for years. We already have that problem.
No, we don't have that problem. He has 5 division titles and a Superbowl. We've never done that before under any regime.

This move would be a no brainer. If being a perennial playoff team and Superbowl contender is underperforming I'll be OK with that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember when Andy Reid came available and everyone thought we should just sit on our hands? Bet you would like to revisit that again.....

We'd have a chance to redeem ourselves if MM comes available.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I dont think so, I have thought he underperformed with the talent he had for years. We already have that problem.

He has a career record of 108–58–1 with 5 division titles and a Super Bowl win.

;

;

Quote:Injuries are never nonsense. Get that idea out of your head.

The Patriots are fine without any good RBs because of Tom Bradly and Rob Gronkowski.

The Packers are fine without any good RBs because of the head coach.

[Image: 94a91424f5005a8eb97109261f695621.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 11:05 AM by jaglyn.)

This is a good example of how a real NFL organization runs things:

Superbowl winning coach is on the hot seat after a down year

Gus Bradley is setting losing records and his seat is barely lukewarm and gets a vote of confidence from the Owner/GM

If MM gets fired, Shad's limo better be right outside the Packers' office as MM is leaving the building

Quote:He has a career record of 108–58–1 with 5 division titles and a Super Bowl win.
With the best QB in the league not named Tom Brady and a solid team around him. Stop pushing this idea that MM has gotten it done off the strength of his coaching and not the talent on his team especially at the most important position on the field.

Also the NFC North has been crap for awhile its not like theyve been running through a competitive division this whole time.

MM is a fine coach, I dont hate him, I dont think hes bad. If we hired him id be cool with that.

I just dont agree with the idea that he plays some huge role in the Packers success because he doesnt. Aaron rodgers and the talent theyve had over the past years is the reason theyve been as good as they have, and given how good aaron is they should have more but they dont. Thats why hes under achieved, because he has the best in the game in his prime on the most important position on the field and should have more than one ring.

You can keep telling me that youll take his underperforming since its better than what we have but relative to what he should have its not enough. We also dont have Aaron Ridgers so lets not foo ourselves into thinking hes gonna come in and turn us into some division leader as long as Blake Bortles is our guy.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 01:53 PM by KYjaggy.)

I know a lot of very smart people I follow on twitter are packers fans/bloggers and I see a ton of tweets about how they wouldn't mind if McCarthy wasn't brought back next year. 

Quote:I know a lot of very smart people I follow on twitter are packers fans/bloggers and I see a ton of tweets about how they wouldn't mind if McCarthy wasn't brought back next year. 

It might be an Andy Reid type of situation in which both parties believe that after 11 seasons,  a change is for the best.   With Mike McCarthy going on to have success with another team as an NFL HC.

Quote:I know a lot of very smart people I follow on twitter are packers fans/bloggers and I see a ton of tweets about how they wouldn't mind if McCarthy wasn't brought back next year.
Same here. Lots of them are bothered by his offense recently. Hearing a lot about how their quick paced offebse was working and he moved away from it for no reason. Packers reddit is the same too. People on here just caping for him cause a winning coach is so foreign to us that anyone doing it must be amazing.

Quote:Remember when Andy Reid came available and everyone thought we should just sit on our hands? Bet you would like to revisit that again.....

We'd have a chance to redeem ourselves if MM comes available.

Andy Reid got a job before Dave Caldwell was hired. He was not available.

Quote:Same here. Lots of them are bothered by his offense recently. Hearing a lot about how their quick paced offebse was working and he moved away from it for no reason. Packers reddit is the same too. People on here just caping for him cause a winning coach is so foreign to us that anyone doing it must be amazing.
Would McCarthy be a big upgrade on what we have? Yes, obviously.

Would he be the best option available? That is a different and much tougher question. 

Quote:Would McCarthy be a big upgrade on what we have? Yes, obviously.

Would he be the best option available? That is a different and much tougher question. 

I can't name anyone else who would be a better option than Mike McCarthy.

Quote:I can't name anyone else who would be a better option than Mike McCarthy.

So much would depend on how well he would work with Dave Caldwell or whoever the Jaguars GM is in 2017 and what Mike McCarthy thinks of Blake Bortles.

Quote:So much would depend on how well he would work with Dave Caldwell or whoever the Jaguars GM is in 2017 and what Mike McCarthy thinks of Blake Bortles.

Blake Bortles reminds me of Aaron Rodgers when he manages to get out of a sack and keep plays alive. Also, Mike McCarthy's work this season with the injury-riddled RB situation would make me confident he can get more out of our guys.

Quote:Blake Bortles reminds me of Aaron Rodgers when he manages to get out of a sack and keep plays alive. Also, Mike McCarthy's work this season with the injury-riddled RB situation would make me confident he can get more out of our guys.

One question though that we don't currently know the answer to is Mike McCarthy's opinion of Blake Bortles'  mechanics, in terms of whether they can be improved enough to satisfy McCarthy?

Jaguars fans wanted Coughlin gone.

Eagles fans wanted Reid gone.

Both seem to be doing better than the teams they left.

;

;

Quote:  One question though that we don't currently know the answer to is Mike McCarthy's opinion of Blake Bortles'  mechanics, in terms of whether they can be improved enough to satisfy McCarthy?

Blake's mechanical issues can be fixed with better coaching. The Jaguars section has a thread about how he changed his offseason workouts and that affected his throwing motion.

Quote:Jaguars fans wanted Coughlin gone.

Eagles fans wanted Reid gone.

Both seem to be doing better than the teams they left.

After several losing seasons with JDR, I posted a question about the decision to fire Tom Coughlin. I still don't understand it.

Andy Reid took Philadelphia to the NFC Championship five straight seasons and Super Bowl 39. He has not won a division title at Kansas City yet. Better now than with the Eagles? Obviously not.

Quote:Blake's mechanical issues can be fixed with better coaching. The Jaguars section has a thread about how he changed his offseason workouts and that affected his throwing motion.

Andy Reid took Philadelphia to the NFC Championship five straight seasons and Super Bowl 39. He has not won a division title at Kansas City yet. Better now than with the Eagles? Obviously not.

It still get back to whether Mike McCarthy believes Blake Bortles has the natural throwing tools to truly succeed at a Championship level.

What I believe Bon Jagley said is that the Chiefs are having a better season through this point in time than the Eagles are.   Time will tell if Doug Pederson will have the success of his former boss.

Quote:  It still get back to whether Mike McCarthy believes Blake Bortles has the natural throwing tools to truly succeed at a Championship level.

What I believe Bon Jagley said is that the Chiefs are having a better season through this point in time than the Eagles are.   Time will tell if Doug Pederson will have the success of his former boss.

Doug Pedersonv is a rookie HC with a rookie starting QB. It would be silly to compare him to Andy Reid at this point.