Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin could be back very soon...

Quote:Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl last year with 9 TD and 17 INT because his supporting cast.

Blake Bortles this year has 9 TD and 9 INT.

If Coughlin is hired, he will improve the #31 running game, #31 penalized team, #26 scoring defense, and #31 NFL in dropped passes.

Coughlin will hold people accountable or they won't have a job. Coughlin would improve ALL of the above and make the Jags a playoff team next year.

Coughlin is a dinosaur.  There's not a GM in the NFL that would  actually consider him as a HC.  Maybe a front office position, but he won't be a coach in this league again. 

And the Jags are 26th in dropped passes.  Do your homework. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do you work for Donald Trump? Sounds like him.

This isn't college where you have 80 players on your roster. You play who you have. They will have a job and Old Tom isn't getting rid of anyone, at least during the season.

Old Tom isn't winning anything unless Bortles improves. Is this your latest defense of Bortles - Old Tom is the magic man and Blake will get better merely by being in the presence of Old Tom?

Once again, what do the Jags do well? Name something. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team if Bortles throws for 35 TDs and 4400 yards? Oh wait, they are still a (5-11) team even if Bortles kills it. You don't know what a playoff team looks like do you?

There's an old saying...."You can't go back."

Forget Tom....We need coach for the future.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Once again, what do the Jags do well? Name something. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team if Bortles throws for 35 TDs and 4400 yards? Oh wait, they are still a (5-11) team even if Bortles kills it. You don't know what a playoff team looks like do you?

Are you telling me something is much different than last year? 

Hey, the defense is much improved, so yes, if Bortles was playing at an acceptable level I think the playoffs would be a hope (dream?). I know you want to dance and deflect (I suspect you're Bortles' agent) but he's just not playing well. And fans are starting to fear that 2015 might be his high water mark. I hope not.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Once again, what do the Jags do well? Name something. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team if Bortles throws for 35 TDs and 4400 yards? Oh wait, they are still a (5-11) team even if Bortles kills it. You don't know what a playoff team looks like do you?

You're really kinda pathetic.

You know that right?

State all the stats you want. You have functioning eyes right? Bortles looks bad...really bad.

Oh wait. It's probably the phases of the moon, or the tide, ir the wind, or....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This team would give tom a brain aneurysm after two practices 

By season's end, he'd have to teach basic football language, what the rules of the game are and really every other fundamental football skill..

remember the only things the jags have learned in 4 years is how to jump and yell man, and toughness man, and competition man, and man, thats great man, and we talked about playing man, and we talked about the use of the word man, man.. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 08:14 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:You're really kinda pathetic.

You know that right?

State all the stats you want. You have functioning eyes right? Bortles looks bad...really bad.

You didn't answer the question. Because you can't. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team but what do they do well statistically compared to other playoff teams? The answer is nothing.

Quote:Not buying TC stepping in in the middle of the season. If Gussy Poo gets canned, the job is Marrone's IMO.

Edit: I hope I am 100% wrong, but don't think I am.

This is why I really don't care if Gus is fired during the season or not. I don't think Marrone is the answer. I'm ready for a whole new coaching staff.

Quote:No thanks, he was already run out of town once just like all of our coaches have been. Now suddenly they are all good? No coach will have success here if the talent fails to perform the most basic of football plays. Has little to nothing to do with coaching.

So we have great coaches and little talent, despite the fact that all signs point the other way?

LOL no chance. I wouldn't want him if there was.
New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

Quote:No thanks, he was already run out of town once just like all of our coaches have been. Now suddenly they are all good? No coach will have success here if the talent fails to perform the most basic of football plays. Has little to nothing to do with coaching.

I still can't believe the play of Bortles and ARob. ATTROTIOUS.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Would be great. But it is about his age that is in question. Despite still having a sharp and feisty mind and attitude. 

Quote:Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl last year with 9 TD and 17 INT because his supporting cast.

Blake Bortles this year has 9 TD and 9 INT.

If Coughlin is hired, he will improve the #31 running game, #31 penalized team, #26 scoring defense, and #31 NFL in dropped passes.

Coughlin will hold people accountable or they won't have a job. Coughlin would improve ALL of the above and make the Jags a playoff team next year.

Ok now you're bringing up Peyton Manning of last year to try and support Bortles... god kid you're seriously reaching for straws. You must not have learned anything from your scout family. 

Quote:You're really kinda pathetic.

You know that right?

This guy can see zero fault in Bortles ever. The guys throwing motion is worse than Leftwich. His accuracy sucks, just look at all those plays he threw behind the receiver. Finally, his decision making is even worse, triple coverage is where he loves to throw the damn ball. Blake Bortles ducks this year. HE had great stats last year, but still made us lose all ton of games because of his turnovers last year. READ between the lines spacecoast.

Quote:I know there's broad sentiment inside EverBank to make this move, but at the end of the season. The team is well aware of his desire to get back into coaching.

The team would have to go through the interview process, and adhere to the Rooney rule. It won't happen mid season. If Gus is fired, Marrone would be the likely interim with an extended audition for the job. He was hired as an insurance policy from the start.

I'm assuming that if somehow Gus is fired before the season is over and Marrone was named the interim that there would be no way of any prior indication that TC was going to be the guy named because of the stupid idiotic Rooney Rule at minimum right? 

At this point I'd be all on board for a TC reunion. It couldn't hurt any worse that what we have now. 

Quote:This guy can see zero fault in Bortles ever. The guys throwing motion is worse than Leftwich. His accuracy sucks, just look at all those plays he threw behind the receiver. Finally, his decision making is even worse, triple coverage is where he loves to throw the damn ball. Blake Bortles ducks this year. HE had great stats last year, but still made us lose all ton of games because of his turnovers last year. READ between the lines spacecoast.

I've read between the lines. I know the Polian family including Chris who works for the jags. Bortles has nothing to do with the Jags making the playoffs are not. It's a poorly coached team without a defense still. 26 ppg defenses don't make the playoffs.

BTW, Brock Osweiler who's having a worse season than Blake will be in the playoffs.......here's a clue: because his team and defense are MUCH MUCH better

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 11:58 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:I've read between the lines. I know the Polian family including Chris who works for the jags. Bortles has nothing to do with the Jags making the playoffs are not. It's a poorly coached team without a defense still. 26 ppg defenses don't make the playoffs.

BTW, Brock Osweiler who's having a worse season than Blake will be in the playoffs.......here's a clue: because his team and defense are MUCH MUCH better
There you go again. A friend of a friends friend told you....great

Quote:Would be great. But it is about his age that is in question. Despite still having a sharp and feisty mind and attitude. 
Granted he's not a HC but Dick LaBeau is 80 and still doing well...Coughlin could make history (maybe, I'm too lazy to look it up) by ending his career where he started...He brought an expansion team into greatness, now he may have the chance to bring the same floundering team back into greatness...Any coach would love to be able to say "I was the one who made Jacksonville great" but Coughlin could say, "I made the Jaguars great AGAIN"

50 year old Coughlin--HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

71 year old Coughlin-- Not so much. Would he be better then Gus, absolutely, but 71 year old Coughlin just isn't the long term answer for the Jags.

Not as HC anyway.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:50 year old Coughlin--HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

71 year old Coughlin-- Not so much. Would he be better then Gus, absolutely, but 71 year old Coughlin just isn't the long term answer for the Jags.

Not as HC anyway.
3-4 years would be perfect.