Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin could be back very soon...

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 09:02 AM by BritishJag.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/790893868556300290'>https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/790893868556300290</a>

No idea if this guy is reliable but he has a load of followers which means something I think (I don't pay much attention to Twitter)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would be great if true. The greatest trilogy since Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight series.

Screw Thursday, let's have him now!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Change in culture, vacation is over, time to go work.

No thanks, he was already run out of town once just like all of our coaches have been. Now suddenly they are all good? No coach will have success here if the talent fails to perform the most basic of football plays. Has little to nothing to do with coaching.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:No thanks, he was already run out of town once just like all of our coaches have been. Now suddenly they are all good? No coach will have success here if the talent fails to perform the most basic of football plays. Has little to nothing to do with coaching.

I might be wrong but wasn't that more to do with him being terrible at cap management?

Please be true.

Quote:I might be wrong but wasn't that more to do with him being terrible at cap management?
Once TC lost the bumper crop of players that he was handed to start the Jags they started to under perform of course. That failure to play to the level that our impatient fans were accustomed to caused the roar to became loud as hell for his ousting. Same with Del Rio, Mularkey, now Bradley. It is what NFL fans do.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Did no one watch the Giants during the last three seasons?

The mid-1990s was a long time ago.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 09:23 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Not buying TC stepping in in the middle of the season. If Gussy Poo gets canned, the job is Marrone's IMO.

Edit: I hope I am 100% wrong, but don't think I am.

LOL, no chance this happens.

;

;

Quote:I might be wrong but wasn't that more to do with him being terrible at cap management?

Michael Huyghue was the cap guru. Coughlin wasn't involved in that.

I thought Coughlin's biggest problem was that he wore three hats, head coach, GM, and OC. He was mediocre (but lucky) as a GM, and the offense was sub-par once he took over OC duties.

Just about anybody would be better than Gus as head coach. 
Coughlin would be a big upgrade.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Hiring Coughlin from outside would require a full on interview process, complete with sham Rooney Rule meetings. It's unlikely the team would want to go ahead with that, or invite the scrutiny from the league office (not to mention the media) that would inevitably follow.

Also, just no. I love Tom Coughlin as a coach, but 1996 was 20 years ago.

Quote:Hiring Coughlin from outside would require a full on interview process, complete with sham Rooney Rule meetings. It's unlikely the team would want to go ahead with that, or invite the scrutiny from the league office (not to mention the media) that would inevitably follow.

Also, just no. I love Tom Coughlin as a coach, but 1996 was 20 years ago.

Do they need to do all that if it's an interim coach? I still find it bizarre that the NFL requires teams to interview anyone if you already know who you want...

I heard TC gets the job on Friday but if he can't beat the Chiefs on Nov 6 Bill Cowher steps in.  Rumor has it Cowher is still looking for a house out in Marsh Landing.

Quote:I heard TC gets the job on Friday but if he can't beat the Chiefs on Nov 6 Bill Cowher steps in. Rumor has it Cowher is still looking for a house out in Marsh Landing.

Seems legit.

Quote:Do they need to do all that if it's an interim coach? I still find it bizarre that the NFL requires teams to interview anyone if you already know who you want...
Yes, they do, and it's a political forum thing.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 10:14 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/790893868556300290'>https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/790893868556300290</a>

No idea if this guy is reliable but he has a load of followers which means something I think (I don't pay much attention to Twitter)

A quick Google search reveals that "IncarceratedBob" is not reliable.  

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/...ete-fraud/

Seriously, if you have to post "no idea if this guy is reliable..." why not just google "who is incarcerated bob."   That takes all of 30 seconds.  

Yea, i don't believe this.

Would love to have a coach like coughlin, but he's too old. He could get more out of this team than Gus can, but we need someone more accustomed to the current nfl landscape.
No commercial messages in sigs