Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bears to sign WR Allen Robinson (merged)

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 01:46 PM by SCJagFan.)

I enjoyed watching Allen play and wish him luck in the future, but I'm glad they did not overpay to keep him. I never got the feeling that he really wanted to be here in the first place, so I think it's probably for the best that both sides moved on.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He wasn’t worth that and considering how the team played with out him, Go Jags

(03-13-2018, 05:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It's about the money. That's why they play. To get paid. I've switched jobs due to better pay.  It's an easy decision.

To some players it is all about the money.  Other players its's about winning.  Robinson clearly only see's the dollar signs.  With his injury I think it's smart not to pay him that.  He is a one year wonder.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Sure would be interesting to hear what the Jags offered him.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Well that didn't take long:

https://twitter.com/Thee_AR15/status/973592638569009152
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Who cares? He can shove that Bulls shirt.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-13-2018, 12:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It's about the money. That's why they play. To get paid. I've switched jobs due to better pay.  It's an easy decision.

To some players it is all about the money.  Other players its's about winning.  Robinson clearly only see's the dollar signs.  With his injury I think it's smart not to pay him that.  He is a one year wonder.

Some players? How about all players. It's professional football. One more knee injury and he's done. This way he gets to be a free agent again at age 27. He's betting on himself. That's a bad thing?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-13-2018, 12:53 PM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  He can shove that Bulls shirt.
Why are you so mad?

The dude made the move that was best for him.

(03-13-2018, 06:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Couglin said we wanted him but that it takes 2 to tango.  He didn't want to be here people.  Good riddance

Robinson also said he was disappointed not to get a tag. I'd say he wanted to be here the Jags just weren't willing to meet his desired contract.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 01:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-13-2018, 01:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Couglin said we wanted him but that it takes 2 to tango.  He didn't want to be here people.  Good riddance

Robinson also said he was disappointed not to get a tag. I'd say he wanted to be here the Jags just weren't willing to meet his desired contract.

So should of just gave him what he wanted?  Nah. Im sure we offered around what he is getting from Chi. I bet he is disappointed we didn't give him a couple mil. more a year than what he got

If we offered to give him around what Chicago gave him we would have tagged him.

(03-13-2018, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Robinson also said he was disappointed not to get a tag. I'd say he wanted to be here the Jags just weren't willing to meet his desired contract.

So should of just gave him what he wanted?  Nah. Im sure we offered around what he is getting from Chi. I bet he is disappointed we didn't give him a couple mil. more a year than what he got

No, you said he didn't want to be here. Him saying he was disappointed to NOT get a franchise tag from us would suggest otherwise.  

Just couldn't agree to terms.

(03-13-2018, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 12:53 PM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  He can shove that Bulls shirt.
Why are you so mad?

Because it's my right.  Why does it concern you?

(03-13-2018, 06:09 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Normally when guys get hurt they still are with the team supporting them,never heard that during the season. His Twitter and insta are very quiet about the Jags in the Playoffs. Great player but didn't seem to want to be here and if he doesn't care about winning then he can go join the Bears. For all the complaining he did about bortles you think he'd want to stick around once we get good but hey 2 more million a year might be worth that to some.

I expect him to trash us after he signs with the bears, I give him 6 months max before he bashes Bortles and says the team is going nowhere. 

That said did I see 42mil over 3 years with only 25 guaranteed? Where are all the armchair GM's who guaranteed he would be signed for 16 million a year with like 30-40 guaranteed? Actually I don't care. 

Robinson is exactly the kind of guy that you don't give that money to if you are a winning franchise. Remember Aaron Kampman? Guy had multiple great seasons upto 2 years before we signed him. He had a knee injury the year before and everyone was saying he would bounce back. He didn't. That was a 2010 jaguars kind of move, and signing A Rob would have been going back to that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 01:45 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-13-2018, 01:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why are you so mad?

Because it's my right.  Why does it concern you?
Oh it's absolutely your right.

You just look like a child but by all means, continue.

(03-13-2018, 01:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:27 PM)Rico Wrote: Because it's my right.  Why does it concern you?
Oh it's absolutely your right.

You just look like a child but by all means, continue.

Oh my, you've upset me so.

(03-13-2018, 01:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So should of just gave him what he wanted?  Nah. Im sure we offered around what he is getting from Chi. I bet he is disappointed we didn't give him a couple mil. more a year than what he got

No, you said he didn't want to be here. Him saying he was disappointed to NOT get a franchise tag from us would suggest otherwise.  

I don't think he wanted to be here.  Him being disappointed about not being tagged could of been about the money

(03-13-2018, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: No, you said he didn't want to be here. Him saying he was disappointed to NOT get a franchise tag from us would suggest otherwise.  

I don't think he wanted to be here.  Him being disappointed about not being tagged could of been about the money

Players don't tend to like playing on franchise tags in places they don't want to be in offenses not conducive to getting good production..

I expect him to bash us as well. I wouldn't be surprised to get the BB5 smack rolling as well. Is what it is. If he had played all year without the ACL he probably wouldn't be resigning either. It happens this isn't Madden Front Office.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-13-2018, 06:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't think he wanted to be here.  Him being disappointed about not being tagged could of been about the money

Players don't tend to like playing on franchise tags in places they don't want to be in offenses not conducive to getting good production..

If the player isnt worth the money of the franchise tag they do because they know they wont get that money anywhere else