Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bears to sign WR Allen Robinson (merged)

Per NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-robinson

Move this to NFL section now I guess(since he is not a Jaguar come free agency) when the deal is done. 

Interested to see the money side of things, odd place to go. At least you know with AR15 the money is worth more than winning, because the Bears will be doing little to none of that this year and likely next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bears expected to sign wide receiver Allen Robinson

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-robinson

The Chicago Bears are expected to sign former Jaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson when the free-agency period opens Wednesday, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:00 AM by TheSchmidt.)

3/42 being reported

and lol at trashing him because he wants to get paid

HOW DARE HE

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:08 AM by Tuxedo.)

I'm really curious to see the terms of this deal. Unless this is a gigantic contract, I don't like the idea of losing our best pass catcher at 24 years old because we refused to spend the money. This offense isn't loaded with talent to the point where we can afford to let very good players leave, especially those we invested a high draft pick in.

We now need to find a player to step up on the roster or go out and sign/draft someone to replace him. That's much easier said than done.

(03-13-2018, 02:59 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: 3/42 being reported

HOW DARE HE

THAT'S WHAT WE REFUSED TO PAY HIM!

[BLEEP] me

Can't blame him, he's gotta get his $, especially coming off a serious injury.

If his “big career move” is to the Bears then that’s quite sad in a way.

14 a year (if it is 42 over 3 years) is less than I expected too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOW DARE HE

You honestly think we didn't offer him anything close to that? I am not trashing him... but if it were me i would take a team friendly deal and stick with a team better suited to win titles. 

Why is it facts=trashing him btw? He is trading winning and chasing a ring for increased individual monetary success on a lesser team. What is factually incorrect? The Bears are a bad team, compared to the Jaguars. One is set to lose a lot of games barring a miracle, the other was a few big plays from being in a super bowl.

(03-13-2018, 03:26 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

HOW DARE HE

You honestly think we didn't offer him anything close to that? I am not trashing him... but if it were me i would take a team friendly deal and stick with a team better suited to win titles. 

Why is it facts=trashing him btw? He is trading winning and chasing a ring for increased individual monetary success on a lesser team. What is factually incorrect? The Bears are a bad team, compared to the Jaguars. One is set to lose a lot of games barring a miracle, the other was a few big plays from being in a super bowl.

I don't want to be that guy, but that's the exact same thing other team's fans said about us when we signed their players away from them. Now look where we're at.

(03-13-2018, 03:26 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: but if it were me i would take a team friendly deal and stick with a team better suited to win titles. 

Sorry but I don't believe this for a second. If you were 24, saw how quickly a payday can potentially evaporate with one bad landing, and knew this was maybe the only payday you were going to get for the rest of your life you would not be leaving millions and millions on the table. No one here would.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are saying that out of bias and emotion and not stupidity.

(03-13-2018, 03:19 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Can't blame him, he's gotta get his $, especially coming off a serious injury.

The at least somewhat surprising component to me is the Bears turning out to be team that will give Allen Robinson a substantial payday.  The Bears need help at WR.  But injuries have been a regular theme for them at the position for a number of seasons.  Especially,  with former 1st Round pick Kevin White.   

Also,  the Bears couldn't have evaluated Allen Robinson medically,  as he can't even visit with the team until Wednesday.

(03-13-2018, 03:31 AM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:26 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: You honestly think we didn't offer him anything close to that? I am not trashing him... but if it were me i would take a team friendly deal and stick with a team better suited to win titles. 

I don't want to be that guy, but that's the exact same thing other team's fans said about us when we signed their players away from them. Now look where we're at.

A fair point. But the Bears won’t be ready to challenge the Packers and the Vikings for a few years.

His contract could be up before he has a sniff of the playoffs there.

Not saying he shouldn’t go after the money, but was that the only option on the table for him?

Maybe the interest from the 49ers, Panthers etc wasn’t as strong as we thought?

ARob bout to have 40 mil in the bank in just a few brief yrs. very few. Congrats to him. Kinda got the feeling that we didnt tag him cause the FO knows he dont wanna be a Jag.. Whatever- We had our best season in a decade without him. Aye yo Sammy! Where ya at, at at?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

It's about the money. That's why they play. To get paid. I've switched jobs due to better pay. It's an easy decision.

Has AR ever even said “DUUUUVVVAAAAALLLLL!!” Think about it. Lol

Normally when guys get hurt they still are with the team supporting them,never heard that during the season. His Twitter and insta are very quiet about the Jags in the Playoffs. Great player but didn't seem to want to be here and if he doesn't care about winning then he can go join the Bears. For all the complaining he did about bortles you think he'd want to stick around once we get good but hey 2 more million a year might be worth that to some.

You know why it didnt make sense to not tag him because after this year we have to shed contracts no matter what so why not keep him for even just this year and try to win it all before the dismantling has to start one way or another, but thats before they decided Bortles is The GUY.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:17 AM by Vicbow Rules.)

Is he the 800 yd a year guy, the 1400 or somewhere in between? If he is 800 or in between I'm glad we didn't pay that, but if its the 1400 yd guy Chicago got a good deal.

Good luck AR15.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:22 AM by imtheblkranger.)

I wonder if there was any sense from ARob that he HAD to go somewhere else?

He made a big deal about not getting tagged and everything only to find out his market was smaller than expected. So even if our offer was the same, he may have felt like he had to move on regardless.

Hate to see him go, but wish him the best. I don't mind him going to Chicago. Also glad I didn't buy his jersey lol

(03-13-2018, 06:13 AM)nhiverson Wrote: You know why it didnt make sense to not tag him because after this year we have to shed contracts no matter what so why not keep him for even just this year and try to win it all before the dismantling has to start one way or another, but thats before they decided Bortles is The GUY.

We don't have to start shedding contracts at all. Even after Bortles deal we are in great shape cap wise, especially when you factor rollover money. 

The rollover is probably exactly why they didn't franchise him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Couglin said we wanted him but that it takes 2 to tango. He didn't want to be here people. Good riddance