Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in Talks With CB DJ Hayden (merged)

(03-14-2018, 09:44 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Hayden will have no choice but to elevate his play in that room.
This and 100 times this.

You think Ramsey and Bouye are going to let this kid slack? We have seen this locker room take players and elevate their play because they don't mess around. They push each other every day to be the best they can be. If there is one team in the league who can help Hayden, I believe it's the Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 09:55 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Seems to me we're worried about this year... Not the next. Gonna be A LOT of cuts next year.

This is a list of free agents we have in 2019. Personally, I don't see anyone on the list that we have to keep. I'd love to hold on to Lambo, but finding a Kicker is a little easier than finding other key positions, so I'm not too worried. There isn't a whole lot of savings on this list, but it might help. 

[font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Donte Moncrief
WR
JAC
TBD
-
UFA
-
Marcedes Lewis
TE
JAC
TBD
$4,000,000
UFA
-
Corey Grant
RB
JAC
TBD
$2,914,000
UFA
-
T.J. Yeldon
RB
JAC
TBD
$1,478,444
UFA
-
Tyler Shatley
G
JAC
TBD
$1,027,500
UFA
-
A.J. Cann
G
JAC
TBD
$843,149
UFA
-
Josh Wells
RT
JAC
TBD
$797,500
UFA
-
Tommy Bohanon
FB
JAC
TBD
$740,000
UFA
-
Jaelen Strong
WR
JAC
TBD
$717,500
UFA
-
Dexter McDougle
CB
JAC
TBD
$705,000
UFA
-
Tyler Patmon
CB
JAC
TBD
$660,000
UFA
-
Josh Walker
G
JAC
TBD
$660,000
UFA
-
Josh Lambo
K
JAC
TBD
$660,000
UFA
-
Rashad Greene
WR
JAC
TBD
$630,954
UFA
-
Ben Koyack
TE
JAC
TBD
$630,000
RFA
-
James O'Shaughnessy
TE
JAC
TBD
$618,314
UFA
-
Michael Bennett
DT
JAC
TBD
$604,675
UFA
-
Kapron Lewis-Moore
DE
JAC
TBD
$555,000
ERFA
-
Jarrod Wilson
S
JAC
TBD
$541,667
RFA
-
Carroll Phillips
OLB
JAC
TBD
$510,000
ERFA
-
Jaydon Mickens
WR
JAC
TBD
$510,000
ERFA
-
Colin Holba
LS
JAC
TBD
$510,000
ERFA
-
Chris Reed
T
JAC
TBD
$495,000
RFA
-[/font]

Bad move

He is terrible. I presumed he'd just be signing as a camp body/competition but nah we signed him as a starting slot. Bad bad move. Expect a billion targets on Hayden every game.

This has "Caldwell" written all over it.

This is getting ********

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 10:29 AM by irontrooper83.)

While I didn't agree with but I understood why we brough Lee back and signed Moncrief instead of Arob I have a hard time understanding this move.  Too much money for a player who has badly underperformed.

Hopefully a change of scenery and being surrounded by our defense will have him playing better than he has so far .

The Jags just lighting 7 mil per on fire with this.

Get used to yelling at DJ Hayden all game.

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/stat...64928?s=19

Literally every statistic you look at when it comes to Hayden, he looks like one of the worst DBs in the league. What a weird signing.

(03-14-2018, 08:26 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:21 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @rapsheet CB DJ Hayden expected to sign with #Jaguars: 3 years, $19 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. Upside to $21 million.

Terrible contract. This guy has been terrible. Should have just waited for draft.

So only $6.3 up to $7 mil per. Not bad.

I still think they're sleeping on Patrick, although, like Colvin, DJ is only 27. With Patrick, you have to worry that he's on the wrong side of 30.

Most likely with very little hits in year 2 and 3 if they cut him.

Our Front Office doesn't like to commit $$ to the out-years (see Bortles contract) which is very savvy

Can we decline that offer? I think the dog ate somebody's homework on this one.

I’m gonna take the wait and see approach. The team shut me up last year.

(03-14-2018, 09:21 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Reading the Lions boards discussing Hayden's performance and free agency, they don't seem too high on him.  In fact, most didn't think he was worth the minimal salary they were paying him.  The positive was that he has the ability to play both the slot and outside.  His negative is that he plays at a backup level at either position.

Many of the same Lions fans are also ripping G.M. Bob Quinn for the Lions personnel decisions in the last 2 days.   With most being upset that the Lions gave CB Nevin Lawson,  ( who was higher in the pecking order under the Jim Caldwell/ Teryl Austin coaching staff than D.J. Hayden was ),  a lesser contract than Hayden is receiving from the Jaguars.  

Though the Jaguars are paying D.J. Hayden noticeably more than I thought he would get on the open market this year,  as an outside CB in 2017,  I thought he was average.  Certainly not close to horrible.  Hayden played very little in the slot in his 1 season with the Lions,  even though he had a history of playing that position with the Raiders.

One additional thought that comes to mind. The Lions pass rush collectively last season was one of the worst in the NFL. While Darius Slay, a Pro Bowl CB, was able to overcome that, most NFL CBs would have felt the adverse affects of being in more difficult positions because of a problematic pass rush.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973673027434172416

Awesome. An actually darn good nickel corner got paid less than the crap we signed.

Of all the signings, this is the most puzzling for all the reasons already noted. I do still expect them to draft a corner/nickel in the mid-rounds as a contingency plan to Hayden and the guys they already have.

Should add that I don't have any doubt that Marrone will bench Hayden if he does end up stinking. It's just the fact we paid him a good amount of money.

I don't entirely believe Hayden would have had a strong market either, probably could have waiting a few weeks and get a comparable talent on a low low deal.

Certainly a peculiar signing. But like others have said I'll take the wait and see approach. The team has earned that for the time being.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-14-2018, 11:28 AM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973673027434172416

Awesome. An actually darn good nickel corner got paid less than the crap we signed.

Wow. Just wow.

Could have signed Ndamakan Suh instead of this CB. Slot covering CB's are a dime a dozen in the draft. Jaguars already have one on the roster, Myrick, he's good enough to cover slots receivers with 2 of the top DB's sheltering him. Suh would have taken this team to 85 Bears D greatness status that the Jaguars could have had Gabbert at QB and still get to the Super Bowl.