Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in Talks With CB DJ Hayden (merged)

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...8629673990

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate 8m8 minutes ago
#Jaguars are in deep talks with former #Raiders first round CB DJ Hayden.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

low risk, high reward type signing.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I don't understand how we gonna sign all these peeps

I’d take that. He should do well here.

Maybe this can be like Eagles hit with Robinson. Former 1st round pick that has battled injuries and not lived up to his potential. Maybe he can break out like Robinson finally did

(03-13-2018, 06:03 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: I don't understand how we gonna sign all these peeps

We might be getting to the point where we add one and cut one.

(03-13-2018, 06:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe this can be like Eagles hit with Robinson.  Former 1st round pick that has battled injuries and not lived up to his potential.  Maybe he can break out like Robinson finally did

We have the veteran leadership and the coaching to get the most out of him.

For a 3rd cb he has a lot of talent and upside.
I'd love to see it play out like the eagles and Robinson.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He signed a 3 mil deal last year with the lions and was rated the 96th best corner this year. He might not even make the team

is Hayden any good?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Hopefully real cheap cause he's been purely awful thus far.

Omg, hes terrible. Just wait for the draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 07:41 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

"DEEP TALKS"... LOL.. What could possibly be negotiated? Jags offering coupons to Mcdonalds, and he wants Chik Fil A ones? He won't make the team.

He's just camp competition folks. As someone said above low risk medium reward. No need to worry.

(03-13-2018, 06:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: is Hayden any good?

Based on how D.J. Hayden performed for the Lions in his 1 season with the team,  I would view him as solid depth.  

Though Hayden has the versatility to play outside CB and in the slot,  he was used outside MUCH more often than inside in the 2017 season.   Probably at least 95 % of his snaps were on the outside.

D.J. Hayden was in essence the Lions # 2b CB.   Pro Bowler Darius Slay was the crystal clear # 1 CB.  Nevin Lawson,  who the Lions re-signed today to a 2 year contract (  he was an UFA ),  was the # 2a. CB.   Lawson played around 2/3 of the snaps when he was relatively healthy.  Hayden played around 1/3 of the snaps.   Then Lions D-Coordinator gave some snaps to backups for the purpose of preparing them to play in case of an injury.   Hayden received more snaps in the base Defense than most backups did in Austin's 4 years as Defensive Coordinator because the difference between Hayden and Lawson in terms of caliber of play wasn't substantial. 

Overall,  on a scale of 1 to 10,  with 10 being the highest grade and 1 being the lowest,  Hayden's play was in the middle of the spectrum ( 5 ).  He seemed better in coverage than in run support and as a tackler.  But not by a wide margin. 

Because Aaron Colvin appears to be leaving the Jaguars,  it's realistically possible that the Jaguars team brass pictures him as someone who could compete for the top Nickel/ Slot CB role,  as well as competing to be the team's # 3 outside CB.   Good team player and character.

I hope we're not sleeping on Patrick Robinson.

As for DJ Hayden, here's what rotoword was saying last offseason...

Quote:The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett expects D.J. Hayden to open the season as the Lions' slot corner.

He'd replace Quandre Diggs, who slumped as a sophomore before suffering a year-ending pectoral tear. Hayden was a disaster in four years with the Raiders, getting flamed in coverage both on the perimeter and inside. Whether it's Hayden or Diggs in the slot, this will be a position to attack in DFS. Mon, May 8, 2017 03:44:00 PM

(03-13-2018, 06:10 PM)ColoJag Wrote: He signed a 3 mil deal last year with the lions and was rated the 96th best corner this year. He might not even make the team

You'd think he could at least beat out Patmon.

(03-13-2018, 06:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe this can be like Eagles hit with Robinson.  Former 1st round pick that has battled injuries and not lived up to his potential.  Maybe he can break out like Robinson finally did

Or instead of wondering "maybe," we can simply sign Robinson.
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 07:50 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-14-2018, 07:34 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I hope we're not sleeping on Patrick Robinson.

Quote:The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett expects D.J. Hayden to open the season as the Lions' slot corner.

He'd replace Quandre Diggs, who slumped as a sophomore before suffering a year-ending pectoral tear. Hayden was a disaster in four years with the Raiders, getting flamed in coverage both on the perimeter and inside. Whether it's Hayden or Diggs in the slot, this will be a position to attack in DFS. Mon, May 8, 2017 03:44:00 PM

(03-13-2018, 06:10 PM)ColoJag Wrote: He signed a 3 mil deal last year with the lions and was rated the 96th best corner this year. He might not even make the team

Before we can sign Robinson we have to have the cap space. He will cost more than Colvin. Easier said than done when you don't have that kind of money now and it would be a lot for a slot corner. Robinson will be about 10 mil a year

(03-14-2018, 07:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:34 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I hope we're not sleeping on Patrick Robinson.

Before we can sign Robinson we have to have the cap space. He will cost more than Colvin

Colvin is 27 and signed at the start of free agency... Robinson is 31 and is still out there.  I doubt he'll cost more than Colvin at $8.5 mil per over 4 years. They both play inside.

'02

(03-14-2018, 07:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Before we can sign Robinson we have to have the cap space. He will cost more than Colvin

Colvin is 27 and signed at the start of free agency... Robinson is 31 and is still out there.  I doubt he'll cost more than Colvin. They both play inside.
Robinson is 30 but will be more on less years.  He is better than Colvin and was a huge part of that Eagles SB run.  Sig bet says Robinson will get more per year?  The only way I think he would take a little less is if he stays with the Eagles.

(03-14-2018, 07:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
Colvin is 27 and signed at the start of free agency... Robinson is 31 and is still out there.  I doubt he'll cost more than Colvin. They both play inside.
Robinson is 30 but will be more on less years.  He is better than Colvin and was a huge part of that Eagles SB run.  Sig bet says Robinson will get more per year?  The only way I think he would take a little less is if he stays with the Eagles.

I'll take it but it has to be all or nothing.... that is, even if he re-signs with the Eagles it would have to be for more than $8.5 mil.

I'm saying the same or less.

So, what's the sig bet? 

'02

@rapsheet CB DJ Hayden expected to sign with #Jaguars: 3 years, $19 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. Upside to $21 million.

Terrible contract. This guy has been terrible. Should have just waited for draft.