Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles is holding this team back

Quote:I agree with everything you said.

Be honest....does anybody see him taking the Blaine Gabbert path?

No he won't go into the fetal position. Too bad we can't combine Gabbert's throwing motion with Bortles' gunslinger mentality.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree with everything you said.

Be honest....does anybody see him taking the Blaine Gabbert path?

Getting traded for a 7th round pick, IDK. Hes very different tho, Gabbs works real hard and just plays scarred and overcautious. Blake is appearing to not be working very hard on his game right now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I don't see Bortles sticking around the league for as long as Gabbert has, let alone get another starting gig. At least Gabbert had coachable traits to work with.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I wanted to let this slide over the summer. A trainer I worked with had pictures of Bortles at the beaches in a kiddy pool drunk, and he was out of shape. The trainer said he did not look physically like a QB and the Jags fans would be in for a sad surprise this year unless Blake actually started putting in gym time. I have friends who are at the beach bars with him all the time. I was justifying it by saying, it's the off season, or, it's the off week.

Given how unprepared he has looked this year, it is really making me wonder how much of this is truly the case. The offensive line was not that bad today. Blake had plenty of time on a lot of throws and just threw bad balls. Yes there were drops, but while other NFL QBs throw receivers open, our QB can't seem to accurately throw to an open receiver. We may be in for a long ride.

Quote:I wanted to let this slide over the summer. A trainer I worked with had pictures of Bortles at the beaches in a kiddy pool drunk, and he was out of shape. The trainer said he did not look physically like a QB and the Jags fans would be in for a sad surprise this year unless Blake actually started putting in gym time. I have friends who are at the beach bars with him all the time. I was justifying it by saying, it's the off season, or, it's the off week.

Given how unprepared he has looked this year, it is really making me wonder how much of this is truly the case. The offensive line was not that bad today. Blake had plenty of time on a lot of throws and just threw bad balls. Yes there were drops, but while other NFL QBs throw receivers open, our QB can't seem to accurately throw to an open receiver. We may be in for a long ride.

It makes sense, they say alcohol ages you. Blake is 24 but he looks like he's 44.

And his man boobs indicate he's capping off nights of binge drinking with late night taco bell. Shoot, I do the same thing, but I work a boring office job, I'm not paid millions to be in peak physical condition.

I wanna see what Blake can do with some real coaching. Unfortunately, we may be waiting a while. Gus should've been fired last year, but it seems like Shad hasn't seen the "writing on the wall" yet. The lack of a running game certainly isn't helping things either. The play calling sucks and the offense is totally one dimensional. I hope to God, this long, long Gus Bradley experiment ends soon. C'mon, Mr. Khan! We have the talent. Please bring in some good coaching. I know that will have to wait until the offseason, but at least cut loose the dead weight we have now. 

You spelled Gus Bradley wrong.

The entire offense is one giant disappointment after another. Robinson is dropping easy catches. We can't establish or even attempt to run the ball. We can't be a team that throws 40+ times per game. Honestly we look our worst playing a true home game in Jacksonville. We have looked at least competitive on the road and in London aside from the San Diego game. Something is way off and it isn't one player/thing.

No pain, no gain.

When Blake winded up on the intentional grounding half my face drooped for 30 seconds. 

Let's say we picked David Carr instead of BB. Given all the bad things here, such as coaching, losing record, lack of discipline, play calling, bad line play, etc, etc., would he be the QB he is for the Raiders? Would he be that good here? I don't think any great QB for any other team would be a great QB here. We haven't had a good one since Brunell. What do you think?

Quote:Blake has regressed, but not nearly as much as our running game. He is trying to overcompensate and forcing things.

He's missing guys. When you completely whiff on a 6 yard crossing route that's on you.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 10:32 PM by CSO14.)

[Image: BB5.gif]

Who the hell are we looking at Blake Bortles or Byron Manwhich/Tebow

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Let's say we picked David Carr instead of BB. Given all the bad things here, such as coaching, losing record, lack of discipline, play calling, bad line play, etc, etc., would he be the QB he is for the Raiders? Would he be that good here? I don't think any great QB for any other team would be a great QB here. We haven't had a good one since Brunell. What do you think?
You put Carr in a Jags uniform and he sucks because of the coaching.  Make no mistake - JDR is far beyond Gus Bradley.  

Not to mention TJ Yeldon and Chris Ivory have got to be the most disappointing players on the Jags offense (other than BB) - then throw in the drops by ARob, Hurns drop-off in production, the right side of the offensive line just whiffing, the ineffective play calling.  

So yes, BB5 is stinking the place up and he bears some of the responsibility, but a good portion of it goes on the coaching staff as well.   

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 10:33 PM by navyjagfan.)

Quote:[Image: BB5.gif]

Who the hell are we looking at Blake Bortles or Byron Manwhich/Tebow
Slow pitch softball. 

I see a lot of regression from last year, but hey... How can you expect him to learn how to be totally awesome when he has Chad Henne as a mentor? 

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Leftwich was way better than Bortles.

Quote:The entire offense is one giant disappointment after another. Robinson is dropping easy catches. We can't establish or even attempt to run the ball. We can't be a team that throws 40+ times per game. Honestly we look our worst playing a true home game in Jacksonville. We have looked at least competitive on the road and in London aside from the San Diego game. Something is way off and it isn't one player/thing.

This. I think Gus is holding back Blake, which is holding back the team. Give me good coaching for Blake first, then we'll see.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There are still some people who think Bortles turns it around... No chance. He doesn't have the skill to be an effective qb in this league.

He is turning into Josh Freeman right before our eyes.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:This. I think Gus is holding back Blake, which is holding back the team. Give me good coaching for Blake first, then we'll see.

Nah, both will have to get replaced. Blake literally has no traits that a good needs except for size and decent athleticism. Everything else is very subpar
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Can we just hand a blank check to Tom House to help Bortles terrible throwing motion again before Thursday. Seemed to help the previous offseason.