Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles is holding this team back

His arm is lazy. The TD he threw to JT should have been picked. And what was that first pick all about. He just throws it up there and prays his WR will go get it.

I'm going to be honest about it. He ain't the Franchise QB we all want. He's just a guy at this point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No way. Blake is great. Fact.

--Spacecoastjag--
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:No way. Blake is great. Fact.

--Spacecoastjag--

Oh wow, not that guy. Well let's be honest for a minute....Bortles is trash.

and here I thought it was Gus.

If it was just the QB, I would agree. This is a team effort at futility and it starts from ownership down to the players.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

What do you kindergartners know? College players "obviously" know better. 

Blake can't throw a spiral. He throws like he doesn't have a forearm.

He's not even holding the team back.  He's just not pushing them forward.  So they are going nowhere. 

Blake has regressed, but not nearly as much as our running game. He is trying to overcompensate and forcing things.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:His arm is lazy. The TD he threw to JT should have been picked. And what was that first pick all about. He just throws it up there and prays his WR will go get it.

I'm going to be honest about it. He ain't the Franchise QB we all want. He's just a guy at this point.

His biggest problem is accuracy.  The same issue he had in college.   And I think the accuracy issue is getting into his head and causing other problems.   What is alarming is when Blake was asked if anybody said anything to him about his mechanics and he said no.  How possibly are they not saying anything about his mechanics???

Quote:If it was just the QB, I would agree. This is a team effort at futility and it starts from ownership down to the players.

This is fact.  

Quote:His arm is lazy. The TD he threw to JT should have been picked. And what was that first pick all about. He just throws it up there and prays his WR will go get it.

Worst than just a guy, he's poo poo

He had a lot of potential

Had.

Quote:He had a lot of potential

Had.

I am on this level of thinking too. He's just not good.

Can we just trade our entire 2017 draft for Philip rivers.

Quote:Can we just trade our entire 2017 draft for Philip rivers.

I seriously would.

We got more talent than the chargers, if we had rivers, we'd have a winning record.

Quote:I seriously would.

There are several back up qbs that we could pick up that would cost us much less and still improve our squad.

I'm not sure what is going on with Bortles, but it looks like something has gotten into his head and he just doesn't have all his stuff in the same sock at this time. It appears almost like he's throwing the football like it was a baseball; he consistently stares down his target; he too often tries to force throws that he shouldn't, with the result being a lot of picks; in short, he's struggling badly and hurting the offense. We could hardly do worse right now if we put in Chad.

I have a co-worker who's son is currently on UCF's team and was redshirted during Bortles junior year and he said he wasn't well liked on the team and George O'Leary was not sad to see him jump to the NFL.