Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Expose via the Athletic

Tongue  (This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 05:40 PM by jaglyn.)

(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

Supposedly he made the player cry

So the beatdown was postponed because the cry-fest became a priority

Totally understandable

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2022, 10:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Yep. This team just needed some more gus Bradley and marrone. I have very little sympathy for players who make millions and csnt take some "hard" coaching. This is one of the reasons the jags are back to back winners of the first pick of the draft award. We suck for what seems like 9 out of the last 10 years. Sometimes players need some hard facts and accountability.  I'm all for a players coach if the team Wins. I'm not greedy. I just want to see a playoff run every year or so.
Don’t do this dude. You don’t have to cape for the worst NFL coach in history anymore.

What's even funnier is we very well could have the worst 2 ever to do it in Bradley and Meyer. Both Khan hires, lol.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 06:48 PM by rufftime.)

The most disappointing thing to read for me was the bit about the receivers coach. To paraphrase, he threatened to fire the receiver coach if the players didn’t perform better, in front of the players.

What an absolute buffoon! Make sure you put even more pressure on the one group where playing clear headed is most critical.

Every once in awhile I think about how happy I am that he’s gone. Complete train wreck from start to finish.

I hope Lawrence was able to at least learn something from this experience. Even if it is what not to do.

(03-21-2022, 05:39 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

Supposedly he made the player cry

So the beatdown was postponed because the cry-fest became a priority

Totally understandable

I am unsure if you are a child or a 60 year old guy who thinks everyone is soft. Either way take a moment to think through what these players went through and try to have empathy.

It was probably a special teams player or something. A young man who thinks his dream is dying. Maybe someone supporting a family. Urban just takes a big [BLEEP] on him for whatever mistake he made and keeps going in on him. Those moments when you just feel completely powerless can definitely break you. I don’t know you or anything, but based on your comment, I doubt you’d handle it any better.

(03-21-2022, 05:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://12ft.io/

Mods can remove post if they deem unsuitable

Mooooooooooovvee in My Cow Voice.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-21-2022, 09:42 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Yep. This team just needed some more gus Bradley and marrone. I have very little sympathy for players who make millions and csnt take some "hard" coaching. This is one of the reasons the jags are back to back winners of the first pick of the draft award. We suck for what seems like 9 out of the last 10 years. Sometimes players need some hard facts and accountability.  I'm all for a players coach if the team Wins. I'm not greedy. I just want to see a playoff run every year or so.

That moronic piece of garbage didn't know who Aaron Donald was.

I bet this is exactly what that moron said

"I didn't try to recruit him so he was never that good"

The dude called the Cardinals the "Phoenix Cardinals" at least 8 times during the season lol. They were only Phoenix from 1988-1993. They've been Arizona ever since lol.

(03-21-2022, 01:34 PM)Upper Wrote: Very glad to be the conductor of the Urban Liar hate train from day 1 with unwavering disdain for the guy.

Don't take all the credit, I was plenty vocal about not wanting anything to do with him from day 1 as well.

What a read tho

Ive got a 4 letter word to describe him starting with c and ending with t

(03-21-2022, 07:28 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: What a read tho

Ive got a 4 letter word to describe him starting with c and ending with t

It's pretty low to call even Urban Meyer a Colt.

^ Haha

How did he sell Khan on hiring him? Incredible a guy like that was the head coach of a professional team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Most knew he wasn't a good person but hoped he would have the assistant coaching to succeed in the NFL. It still seems to me like he didn't hire most of the coaches and someone else did that. It just seems weird from the start like he was just here for a check.

I get everyone hating him but the Jags are soft. Either you are motivated, ignore him, or stand up and say something. Sounds like the Jags got their feelings hurt and cried all year. Where was the leadership from the players. Every single player seemed ok with it as they did and said nothing. Some players are untouchable and should have put a stop to it.

His coaching style sucks because fear isn't a great motivator for most people. It will work short term but generally doesn't end well. I'm surprised it hasn't come out in the news that he was this bad. Unless he was wanting players to bond and pushback, I don't see how he thought this would work.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 08:40 AM by Mikey.)

There is a difference between being a hardnosed coach and an egotistical megalomaniac.
He was trying to treat grown men making millions like a bunch of teenagers fresh out of high school. That message was empty words, not in any way something that would motivate a player or command the respect of their coach.
We haven't sucked because the coaches were the players' friends, it was because we either darfted poorly at the positions that mattered most, played it cheap with the talent we had, or found other ways to alienate everyone else worth keeping.

(03-21-2022, 09:42 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

That moronic piece of garbage didn't know who Aaron Donald was.

I bet this is exactly what that moron said

"I didn't try to recruit him so he was never that good"

"He went to Pitt, we're Bee One Gee round these parts"

(03-22-2022, 05:11 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Most knew he wasn't a good person but hoped he would have the assistant coaching to succeed in the NFL. It still seems to me like he didn't hire most of the coaches and someone else did that. It just seems weird from the start like he was just here for a check.

I get everyone hating him but the Jags are soft. Either you are motivated, ignore him, or stand up and say something. Sounds like the Jags got their feelings hurt and cried all year. Where was the leadership from the players. Every single player seemed ok with it as they did and said nothing. Some players are untouchable and should have put a stop to it.

His coaching style sucks because fear isn't a great motivator for most people. It will work short term but generally doesn't end well. I'm surprised it hasn't come out in the news that he was this bad. Unless he was wanting players to bond and pushback, I don't see how he thought this would work.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I'm SHOCKED you have this bad take.

Also. Can you name the players on the Jags (who have won 4 games in 2 years) that are untouchable? Outside of Trevor (who was a rookie), not a single Jag is untouchable.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 08:47 AM by Mikey.)

(03-21-2022, 09:57 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why do people post links behind a pay wall?

To show the existence of the article and discuss it with people who have read it or parts of it?

Are you suggesting I should've copied and pasted the article? I would imagine the forum owners would not appreciate that!

you can grab a snippet with the link so that there is something to discuss beside "crap website posts a story y'all might be interested in, but good luck getting to the good bit before a pop-up nag screen denies you"

(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Oh well. We all like the new coach and there is a lot of excitement. The past is the past. I like a player's coach to if it works. I don"t like when players just coast and take the pay check and get settle in nicely to losing every year, and I cant believe players were crying. That's kind of unbelievable but wow.

If your career was hitched to a sentient anus like Meyer, you might start crying when you realize your game film gonna look like butt and nobody is gonna break the bank for you when you are finally free of Duval.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 08:53 AM by Mikey.)

(03-21-2022, 11:53 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Reddit text of article

Worse than I realized.  Wow.  This man is an absolute piece of human garbage on top of being ignorant.

And there's STILL someone trying to defend him in this very thread.  I hope Urban never gets another job, but I know he will.

I expect a lot of improvement.

He landed a perfect job, heading up an org that will launder distribute NIL money to buckeye krootz.
When you're operating a shady org, it's good to have someone with experience in shady at the top.

(03-21-2022, 01:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:53 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Reddit text of article

Worse than I realized.  Wow.  This man is an absolute piece of human garbage on top of being ignorant.

And there's STILL someone trying to defend him in this very thread.  I hope Urban never gets another job, but I know he will.

I expect a lot of improvement.

"Losing eats away at your soul" - UM

The problem with this statement is that you have to have a soul to start with.

This would have been hands-down, the best Hard Knocks in history.  Antonio Brown in the Raiders version would have looked like NFL Man of the Year compared to 2021 Meyer.

I just have this sinking feeling that Urbz, being the perpetual salesman, would appear WAAAAAAAAY differently when the cameras were rolling than how he'd have conducted himself behind closed doors.

It would have confused us to no end, "how can a guy who seems so personable, concerned and committed to winning be so unliked by everyone on the team?"

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 09:00 AM by Mikey.)

(03-21-2022, 03:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: Funny...  He was saying all the right things publicly, and I was so hoping he was developing a rapport with the players so much so that they would run through a brick wall for him, and he was busy losing the locker room behind the scenes before he even got half way through the pre-season.
What a waste of a season.

Dude made a career selling himself and his program to parents and teens and boosters. That's where he shines. Put on the mask, sell the product. It worked on a ton of kids, it worked on Khan, didn't work on the players.

(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

....because unlike Urbz, they needed to continue working in the NFL to make the money they were making.

You punch a coach, no matter how big a hemorrhoid they may be, and you're gonna have to beg for your next job.

(03-22-2022, 12:44 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How did he sell Khan on hiring him?  Incredible a guy like that was the head coach of a professional team.

It was worse than that.  Khan for all intents and purposes begged him.  We interviewed other coaches and then waited a couple weeks for Urban to make up his mind before we hired anyone else.

Good riddance to him.

My main concern was, as with most college coaches, did he understand the step up with everything. He proved with FA signings, off-season rules and drills that he didnt understand how it works at the NFL level and this article shows just how little he did. 

Now hes the guy who will be lucky to get $15 an hour as he's never coaching at a high level again.

(03-22-2022, 09:28 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 12:44 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How did he sell Khan on hiring him?  Incredible a guy like that was the head coach of a professional team.

It was worse than that.  Khan for all intents and purposes begged him.  We interviewed other coaches and then waited a couple weeks for Urban to make up his mind before we hired anyone else.

TIL, 10 days between end of season and formal announcement is "a couple weeks"

We interviewed him on the 8th or 9th, and he had an announcement on the 14th.

(03-21-2022, 01:50 PM)NH3 Wrote: Not a subscriber so I could only read two paragraphs. Nevertheless, point was taken whether Chark put it out there or not. We've moved on and I'm ecstatic that we did because that nasty taste was in my mouth from day one about Meyer even before he was hired as our HC. I wish no ill on him but I'm glad that he's no longer a Jaguar.

Also, can we move this thread? It has no place what so ever.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Link to Reddit text. It's the whole article. 

That dude deserves a great deal of ill will.