Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the team had a pass rush thar would of been a win.

Quote:It's very apparent how many people don't watch football or at least other games besides the jags. Rodgers is unstoppable primarily because he escapes pressure so easily. I have never seen any other qb do it as seamlessly as he does. I'm confident that those pressures will be sacks on 90% of the other qbs in the league.
Runs pretty good for an old man don't he? No reason to expect a determined team of 22-25 year old pass rushers to touch a 32 year old man scanning down field backing up for 5-7 seconds. Maybe we should set our sights on a few garbage time sacks for the 5-11 teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm shocked we were one play away from beating Rogers with no pass rush.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:It didn't have to be.

im aware of that

Quote:Odrick isn't a pass/edge rusher...

He did get a sack, right?

Quote:It's very apparent how many people don't watch football or at least other games besides the jags. Rodgers is unstoppable primarily because he escapes pressure so easily. I have never seen any other qb do it as seamlessly as he does. I'm confident that those pressures will be sacks on 90% of the other qbs in the league.

You got a point. 

GB has a good O-line and Rodgers is pretty good at moving around the pocket.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:He did get a sack, right?

A sack does not make one an edge rusher....

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:A sack does not make one an edge rusher....

You can't tell her what to think.

Quote:I'm shocked we were one play away from beating Rogers with no pass rush.

It was a close game for sure.  I'd say it was more than one play; probably a couple plays IMO.  Penalties didn't help for sure.  We had some bad missed calls, and we also had some bad penalties that shouldn't have happened.  I think those were more of a factor than anything to be honest.

Quote:He did get a sack, right?

he did?

Quote:It was a close game for sure. I'd say it was more than one play; probably a couple plays IMO. Penalties didn't help for sure. We had some bad missed calls, and we also had some bad penalties that shouldn't have happened. I think those were more of a factor than anything to be honest.

Our secondary (sans Cyprien) covered very well today. Prince and Ramsey especially. They were picking on House a little bit, but he's supposed to be a #2.

Anyways, A-Rob dropped that jump ball that he usually comes down with. And then the 4th and 1 playcall. Couple plays that obviously would have made a difference.
No commercial messages in sigs

Fowler doesn't surprise me, he's a speed guy always was. Once someone squares up on him he can't shed a block. For him to be effective were going to have to get creative and line him up where his speed is advantage.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I was [BAD WORD REMOVED] about missing out on Vernon. Then we misses out on Ayers. But the team said we were fine on DE.

Vernon - 0 sacks today. Ayers did have one ...playing not Aaron Rodgers.
Huh

Quote:Vernon - 0 sacks today. Ayers did have one ...playing not Aaron Rodgers.

Vernon caused problems for Dallas today. Dallas got holding calls like 3 time with Vernon.

Greg Hardy was at Everbank for 2 FLIPPIN day and they let him walk. What ever his price was then looks like a bargain now. They would have won if they had him too. smh

Quote:Our secondary (sans Cyprien) covered very well today. Prince and Ramsey especially. They were picking on House a little bit, but he's supposed to be a #2.

Anyways, A-Rob dropped that jump ball that he usually comes down with. And then the 4th and 1 playcall. Couple plays that obviously would have made a difference.

Yeah I was hoping Cyprien would play better today since we now have that center field safety.  Absolutely no reason to miss that tackle for a loss which extended the drive for GB.  I think we need to start looking for other options.  I mean it is only one game with his "new role" being he can play closer to the line like they wanted, but we have all seen it too many times with him taking bad angles and missing easy tackles.

Quote:Fowler doesn't surprise me, he's a speed guy always was. Once someone squares up on him he can't shed a block. For him to be effective were going to have to get creative and line him up where his speed is advantage.

I've been saying this since before he was drafted. Dante is a good player, but he isn't a core player. He is a utility piece. A chess piece to move around. He is a faster version of Ryan Davis. You put Fowler on a team like Denver and he will look great, but he can't carry a pass rush. Greg Hardy, the player, would be a significant upgrade for us.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 09:20 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Runs pretty good for an old man don't he? No reason to expect a determined team of 22-25 year old pass rushers to touch a 32 year old man scanning down field backing up for 5-7 seconds. Maybe we should set our sights on a few garbage time sacks for the 5-11 teams.

Lol okay mister extreme. Nobody said that. We literally played best qb in the league. His whole game is predicated off of his ability to allude sacks and pressures. This team is not good enough to beat him out of the gate and the fact that we went toe to toe with him is encouraging to me. I can promise those same pressures would be sacks against damn near any other qb in the league. Rodgers is the best period.

I dunno man, Rodgers plays in a division that had good defenses in recent years and GB still owned that division

Quote:I've been saying this since before he was drafted. Dante is a good player, but he isn't a core player. He is a utility piece. A chess piece to move around. He is a faster version of Ryan Davis. You put Fowler on a team like Denver and he will look great, but he can't carry a pass rush. Greg Hardy, the player, would be a significant upgrade for us.

I know Fowler didn't do diddly squat today but to say he isn't a core player after his first NFL game is just crazy.

Quote:Vernon caused problems for Dallas today. Dallas got holding calls like 3 time with Vernon.

Well to he fair, Yannick and Fowler were held multiple times that weren't called today too
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS