Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So is LG a concern?

Quote:Wiz was an excellent pass blocker and played every snap last year (only missed like 40 snaps in his entire career), that counts for something.

He was reliable for sure but he was not an excellent pass blocker. You honestly believe if he was an excellent pass blocker and made all the correct pass pro assignment calls he would have been allowed to walk because he's below average in run blocking? He was average or below in every facet of the game (minus availability) and therefore was not brought back.

He's gone so yeah water under the bridge but it's simply not the truth for you to to say that he was an excellent pass blocker.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wiz was an excellent pass blocker 
Excellent?   You're reaching. 

Decent is the word you were looking for. 

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 05:54 PM by KYjaggy.)

"Wisniewski has a similarly-impressive record at keeping his QB upright. He also ranked eighth in pass protection—this time when compared with centers—allowing only two sacks and 11 hurries in 2015."

Ok sorry maybe not excellent (I had #3 on the brain, which was Beachum's #3 pass pro grade instead of Wiz's #8), but still way above average. The point remains though, I have a hard time believing Joeckel and/or Bernadeau will stack up nearly as well. 

If not a concern it's the teams weakest link imo

Quote:Also, I predict our running game to be right-side heavy.
Heck yeah, it will be.  Linder, Cann and Parnell ought to pave a few wide lanes.  Really looking forward to seeing what Yeldon & Ivory do behind that right side. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys talking about being right side heavy, I wonder if this means that the team will value a Left Guard who can pull and kick.

If you're going to run to the right, it makes sense to bring a guy from the left to help out with numbers.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:He was reliable for sure but he was not an excellent pass blocker. You honestly believe if he was an excellent pass blocker and made all the correct pass pro assignment calls he would have been allowed to walk because he's below average in run blocking? He was average or below in every facet of the game (minus availability) and therefore was not brought back.

He's gone so yeah water under the bridge but it's simply not the truth for you to to say that he was an excellent pass blocker.

Last year Wiz was EASILY one of the best pass blockers on the Jaguars OL so I have no issue with the term "excellent" there. Indeed he was allowed to walk due to his run blocking, but not because he was below average in run blocking, but because he was garbage as a run blocker. Time and time again Wiz would get zero push. It was frustrating as the team needs more up front to field any kind of power run game. Why is that so hard to believe? You can't rag on a him as a pass blocker solely because the team let him walk.

'02