Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Ramsey another Sherman/Peterson?

probably the best player to ever touch the field

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As a Seminole fan, I saw him play every game. He was a terror at safety.  But at corner, he frustrated a lot of fans because he couldn't haul in the interception, even though he was in position to do so. That's not to say that he can't improve and become a quality corner. But comparisons of Ramsey to Deion are pretty far fetched. I also watched Deion play in college. In terms of pure coverage, Sanders was the best college cornerback I ever saw, and I'd bet fans of rival teams would agree.  

Ramsey is a great player, and I'm excited to have him. I think he'll wind up at safety. But if he turns out to be a great corner, I'll happily eat my words.

So he wasn't that great of a corner because he didn't always make the INT?

Quote:So he wasn't that great of a corner because he didn't always make the INT?

Yes.

Quote:I never said he'd be deion in talent. I said to have a sanders career.

I.E. fame, wins, multiple super bowl titles, hall of fame, go down as one of the greats.

You mean one day he'll be considered the best defensive player in the league as multiple teams get in a bidding war over him, and at some point he'll sign with a team while making so much that all the other players on the team have to agree to a pay cut just to afford him.

'02

Quote:You mean one day he'll be considered the best defensive player in the league as multiple teams get in a bidding war over him, and at some point he'll sign with a team while making so much that all the other players on the team have to agree to a pay cut just to afford him.

Yes and no.

If Caldwell is here then our finances should be good to keep our pro bowl, all pro or HoF players.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 09:10 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Yes.

That is a terrible reason. Turnovers are important but even Revis has had only 5 picks combined from years '12-'14. Patrick Peterson only had 2 last year. Davon House had 4.

Quote:That is a terrible reason. Turnovers are important but even Revis has had only 5 picks combined from years '12-'14.

Talk with other FSU fans who saw him play last year.

Let me also add that I hope I'm wrong about Ramsey playing cornerback.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Ramsey was an excellent corner last year. Not catching the ball doesn't change the fact he only allowed a 38.5% completion rating against him, had 10 PDs, and stayed with corners most of the time.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

He's a bad corner because he couldn't turn defended passes in interceptions? My goodness there must be tons of bad corners in the league

He will not play safety in the NFL.

He is a CB now. Accept it.

Quote:He will not play safety in the NFL.

He is a CB now. Accept it.

According to Caldwell, they're merely starting him out at CB. They want him to concentrate on the position for now, but down the road may start moving him around the defensive backfield.

'02

Quote:Chris McAlister, without the locker room/ off field stuff is what I expect.
This!

Seeing him in press coverage made me think of him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would like to see the bar 4 years from now being,... "how would you compare this guy to Jacksonville's Jalen Ramsey?" 

Quote:Would you put him up there coming out of college as Patrick Peterson? Do you think he can be as great?
He has the athletic ability and the talent to be there, but he didnt put up the numbers they did in college, so we will see

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:He's a bad corner because he couldn't turn defended passes in interceptions? My goodness there must be tons of bad corners in the league

If you don't have 12 INTs a year, you suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi1LMIUOOAI

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If you don't have 12 INTs a year, you suck.

Ints dont determine how good you are as a cb, but the lack of balls thrown your way does..

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 05:05 PM by BigJohn98.)

Quote:Ints dont determine how good you are as a cb, but the lack of balls thrown your way does..

I was mocking the stats over everything crowd.

I use the latter of your post as a better metric of how good a corner is rather than how many INTs he gets. Turnovers are nice obviously, but if he's keeping the guy in front of him from hauling in passes, I'm good with that as well.

<<<<  wants ints..