Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Ramsey another Sherman/Peterson?

Would you put him up there coming out of college as Patrick Peterson? Do you think he can be as great?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

physically he is a Peterson Woodson clone.  I don't really see the Sherman comparison

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

He is much much more talented than Sherman coming out of college
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'd like to think if him a a one of a kind Jalen Ramsey.

As a pure football player, no I don't think he is on the level of Peterson. Peterson can do a lot of things. For this scheme, I think he will be an even more athletic Sherman.

Quote:As a pure football player, no I don't think he is on the level of Peterson. Peterson can do a lot of things. For this scheme, I think he will be an even more athletic Sherman.

Pretty vague assessment.
Huh

I'm thinking Revis. Just sayin'.

'02

Quote:Pretty vague assessment.
Athletically, it's seems like Peterson could play any skill position well, not just corner. While, I think Ramsey is top much athletically, I don't think he could play any skill position as well as Peterson. I'm open to him proving me wrong.

We've seen Sherman excel in Bradley's scheme having the basic physical qualities the position requires. Ramsey, having all those qualities and being athletically superior to Sherman, should perform at a new level once he settles into it.

He's a more physical DRC

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 10:01 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:He's a more physical DRC
this is a good comparison. I can see him being about as good as DRC was in his prime if he stays at cornercor. Probably not quite as many picks though

Ramsey is versatile! He will be close to a Tyronn Mathieu...

I'd quite like to see him play in the NFL before I judge... :yes:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

In the near future other message boarders of other teams will be opining if their newly drafted player will be another Ramsey. He will set a completely new bar. All hail Ramsey.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:this is a good comparison. I can see him being about as good as DRC was in his prime if he stays at cornercor. Probably not quite as many picks though

Agreed.

I'd love a sanders type of career.

As far as pure physical talent, Ramsey is closer to Peterson than Sherman.  But I'd give the edge to Peterson coming out for two reasons:

A.  Peterson, I believe, spent his entire college career at CB, whereas Ramsey moved from position to position.  While you could argue that speaks to Ramsey's physicality, versatility, willingness to help the team, I think initially, his CB skills may not be as refined as Peterson.  Is that something Ramsey could catch up on?  Sure.  But I'd have to give the edge to Peterson.

B.  Peterson is the better punt returner, though I don't want Ramsey returning any kicks.

So if I had to rank them as far as pure football players coming out of school...

1.  Peterson

2. Ramsey

3. Sherman

With that said, the Jaguars and we fans would be thrilled beyond measure if Ramsey's career wound up on the same level as those two guys.  In know I would be, anyway.

Just about 3 weeks away from camp!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

A more athletic Talib

I was a huge Seahawks fan for a long time so I've watched Sherm develop. Athletically Ramsey is way more athletic, but Sherm is on a whole nother level of football IQ. Comparing Ramsey to PP is difficult. PP can do it all, Ramsey looks like he'll be a product of a great rush just as Sherm is. Just my humble opinion

He's a better Deion Sanders.

Quote:I'd love a sanders type of career.
Impossible.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996