Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bklyn 's five things to watch this season.

Wizzelp

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No one cares what you think.
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:I personally only count the new regime beginning in 2013 as a true rebuild
I consider it starting in 2014. 2013 was an evaluation year to see how much gutting needed to be done for a rebuild. The actual rebuild did not start until 2014 season.

Can someone explain the " base hit " strategy? I didnt follow the team as closely as I do now back then

Quote:Can someone explain the " base hit " strategy? I didnt follow the team as closely as I do now back then

The idea was to never take risks on high ceiling players (i.e., hit a home run) but to pick players that you knew would be solid (a base hit), thereby creating a team of solid players without risking that your picks never pan out. Unfortunately, this strategy nets guys like Alualu, who, though solid depth, was way overdrafted. Plus, Gene still drafted tons of busts.

As for the rest of this thread, I've composed a poem that I feel is appropriate.

Whining fron Bklyn surely can be

Exhausting, as we find that he

Lacks common sense. He just doesn't know!

Pity him, though he acts like a ho.

I agree with Brklyn about Patience.  There has been plenty of that lately.  Bradley is on notice and if Caldwell isn't careful he could find his self on the hot seat.  Hopefully 2016 takes all of the doubt out of our minds.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan... Oh! and Dylan
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

In all seriousness, your #5 is my #1

Wwwweeeeelllllppppp

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2016, 01:29 AM by Treestone Ice.)

How in the absolute hell is this guy not banned? At least TMD was mildly entertaining at times. I would very gladly swap out Bklyn for TMD, that is, assuming they aren't the same person and all.

Quote:I agree with Brklyn about Patience. There has been plenty of that lately. Bradley is on notice and if Caldwell isn't careful he could find his self on the hot seat. Hopefully 2016 takes all of the doubt out of our minds.

Jaguarmvp agrees with Bklyn. Color me shocked.

Quote:How in the absolute hell is this guy not banned? At least TMD was mildly entertaining at times. I would very gladly swap out Bklyn for TMD, that is, assuming they aren't the same person and all.

Why should I be banned? Instead of worrying about certain posters, how about contributing to the thread.

Quote:Why should I be banned? Instead of worrying about certain posters, how about contributing to the thread.

How about contributing to the message board.

Quote:That SB would be nice....

It sure would be.  They, a season, two at the most, the whining and nonsense begins again.

generic list

1. get gooder on da offents

2. get moe better at da defents

C. win da games instead of lose'em

4. Score da tuchdowns

5. hootie hoo

Quote:generic list

1. get gooder on da offents

2. get moe better at da defents

C. win da games instead of lose'em

4. Score da tuchdowns

5. hootie hoo

Your generic list seems pretty spot on!

Quote:How about contributing to the message board.

BAZINGA!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2016, 05:15 AM by BklynJag.)

Quote:How about contributing to the message board.

I should say the same for you to be honest. I know you have some of the same views as me but wont admit it.

Can we PLEASE... Get back at the topic at hamd? Please.

Sure. Waffles.

/thread