Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bklyn 's five things to watch this season.

1.Bortles progression. He should take a big step this season being in the same system all offseason. Limit the interceptions.

2.Want to see improvement from the defense. I just do not see it happening. Malik Jackson is good but if anyone thinks he solves the pass rush woes are delusional. Aside from House, CB position very average. Thats why Norman should have been a priority. Gratz is not even worth a roster spot but he will more than likely stick with the team. Let that sink in. Fowler coming off major injury, will he show something?

3. Would like to see the oline progress? Who will be playing center? LT?

4. Looking forward to see the Yeldon/Ivory combo.

5. Most of all, i want to see WINS. Im tired of seeing the same crap, year in, year out. Time for excuses are over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1.Bortles progression. He should take a big step this season being in the same system all offseason. Limit the interceptions.

2.Want to see improvement from the defense. I just do not see it happening. Malik Jackson is good but if anyone thinks he solves the pass rush woes are delusional. Aside from House, CB position very average. Thats why Norman should have been a priority. Gratz is not even worth a roster spot but he will more than likely stick with the team. Let that sink in. Fowler coming off major injury, will he show something?

5. Most of all, i want to see WINS. Im tired of seeing the same crap, year in, year out. Time for excuses are over.

I'm going to challenge you to take everything you said, and take out anything negative. And take that negative and spin it into something positive. Keep 1 and 4. Change your number 5. AND focus sprinkles hard on 2.

Why you felt the need to repost a reply in another thread and make it a completely different thread is the bane of your existence on here. Insanity man, insanity.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Welp
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

5 things I wanna see from Brklyn this season :

1. Stop Crying

2. Stop Whining

3. Stop throwing hissy fits

4. Show Patience

5. Repeat 1-4

Quote:Why you felt the need to repost a reply in another thread and make it a completely different thread is the bane of your existence on here. Insanity man, insanity.

Wanted to make it a discussion in a thread different from the Norman thread. Is thst a issue?

Quote:5 things I wanna see from Brklyn this season :

1. Stop Crying

2. Stop Whining

3. Stop throwing hissy fits

4. Show Patience

5. Repeat 1-4

Has the last decade not been enough patience?

Lol
Shock the world

Quote:Has the last decade not been enough patience?

I personally only count the new regime beginning in 2013 as a true rebuild

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2016, 03:12 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:I personally only count the new regime beginning in 2013 as a true rebuild

So all the other years sucking dont count. Many fans have been patient enough. Its time for results.

1. Welp

2. Welp

3. Welp

4. Welp

5. Welp

Quote:So all the other years sucking dont count. Many fans have been patient enough. Its time for results.

It counts. But, it shouldn't be charged to Khan/Caldwell/Bradley's tab. We had to reset the clock in 2013, whether we want to or not. Wayne Weaver brought football to Jacksonville, and he should be praised for it. But, he wasn't a football guy. His contribution began and ended in the conference room, not the locker room.

Shad Khan is building a brand and he understands football. He's made good decisions, and we need to let his people make the necessary adjustments to build a winner. Crying over the Gene Snith era is pointless.

Quote:So all the other years sucking dont count. Many fans have been patient enough. Its time for results.

We sucked because we drafted bad, Horrible FA accusations, and terrible coaching. The Shack Harris and Gene Smith era only supplemented skill positions with below average players thus starting years of suckage.

Quote:1. Welp

2. Welp

3. Welp

4. Welp

5. Welp

I'd probably swap 3 and 5, but aside from that it's a pretty good list.

Quote:It counts. But, it shouldn't be charged to Khan/Caldwell/Bradley's tab. We had to reset the clock in 2013, whether we want to or not. Wayne Weaver brought football to Jacksonville, and he should be praised for it. But, he wasn't a football guy. His contribution began and ended in the conference room, not the locker room.

Shad Khan is building a brand and he understands football. He's made good decisions, and we need to let his people make the necessary adjustments to build a winner. Crying over the Gene Snith era is pointless.

This era has been just as bad.

Quote:1.Bortles progression. He should take a big step this season being in the same system all offseason. Limit the interceptions.

All these make sense except for #2. I don't think it's a question of if the defense improves, it's a matter of how much. You don't add Malik Jackson, Gipson, Prince, Fowler, a healthy Marks, and a top 5 pick (Bosa/Ramsey/Jack) to a defense and not see improvement.

I'm most interested to see how the o-line plays out. Can Joeckel move inside effectively when he inevitably loses the LT position to Beachum? Do we add a quality guard/center in the draft? Can Linder move to C with no issue? 

Quote:This era has been just as bad.

Has it? When is the last time you were able to take pride in a Jaguar offense? When has that ever been the strength of our team?

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2016, 06:33 PM by Deacon.)

Going with the assumed premise that a "things to watch for" Thread is where there are a number of things, in this case five, be they people or groups or instances or even concepts that the author feels are indicative of an organization's health or maybe even progress, I have a few issues with the Primary Post. I'll list them below, but I might have thrown in a bit of humor in there in order to keep myself entertained...

Captain Obvious, your dinghy is here. Shall I prepare the oarsmen?

Seriously though, there are two issues here that fly in the face of a "what to watch for" Thread. You make a statement about your expectations thereby letting your bias in. If we are to observe, then bias must be limited. Secondly, when is the QB play ever not the #1 thing that should be monitored? Bortles level of play, which needs to continue it's upward arc, is vital to the organization winning games. If it does not grow, it's gonna be increasingly obvious to everyone watching.

2.Want to see improvement from the defense. I just do not see it happening. Malik Jackson is good but if anyone thinks he solves the pass rush woes they are delusional. Aside from House, CB position is very average. That'
s why Norman should have been a priority. Gratz is not even worth a roster spot but he will more than likely stick with the team. Let that sink in. Fowler coming off major injury, will he show something?

So... I'm supposed to watch what exactly? Again, you are stating your expectations, but now you're not even limiting them to performance but now are including roster spots when the major cutdown points haven't even occurred yet. So do you think we should monitor the Roster Moves in terms of Gratz making the team? Or, since you've already stated that he will be on the team and that he isn't even worth the spot, should we just walk away now and call that part of the team a fail? I really don't know what you're getting after here other than the fact that in your mind Gratz sucks, folks that think a DT can produce sacks are delusional and that you want to see improvement from the Defense. You didn't even go into specifics with this.

Also, made some minor spelling / grammar changes. Thought you'd appreciate the help.

Yes, I would like to see the Offensive Line progress! Thanks for asking! As to the overall point, I feel like this is the closest you've come to meeting the criteria of this type of thread, but you haven't given us any metrics. I'm pretty sure that I can answer the last two questions, out of three, that you posed by about 12 seconds into Game One.

Me too! I love football and Running Backs play football! What impact do you think this combination of RBs will have on the team?

I'm glad you've told us that you're fed up. However, you might want to try taking charge of your own happiness from time to time and not let outside forces and events affect them. Could help. Just sayin'.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Has it? When is the last time you were able to take pride in a Jaguar offense? When has that ever been the strength of our team?

Yes, it has. Taking pride in a offense doesn't get super bowl rings.

Quote:This era has been just as bad.

Quote:Has it? When is the last time you were able to take pride in a Jaguar offense? When has that ever been the strength of our team?

Quote:Yes, it has. Taking pride in a offense doesn't get super bowl rings.

Looks like TMD is back.

'[Image: qhnmp.jpg]