Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...are we rolling with Myers as our kicker in 2016?

Quote:My gut says he's the kicker next year also, but we need some competition for him that's for sure.

I didn't mean to imply we wouldn't bring in competition for him. I just think he'll win it in that scenario. They "brought it competition" during the season, albeit terrible competition, and he survived that battle as well.

If there's an upgrade to he had, take it. I just doubt who's available to be that guy without over using resources on him.

I'm not opposed to drafting a kicker like Frailbones. But it would have to be 6th or 7th round for me. And even then it's iffy.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I didn't mean to imply we wouldn't bring in competition for him. I just think he'll win it in that scenario. They "brought it competition" during the season, albeit terrible competition, and he survived that battle as well.

If there's an upgrade to he had, take it. I just doubt who's available to be that guy without over using resources on him.

I'm not opposed to drafting a kicker like Frailbones. But it would have to be 6th or 7th round for me. And even then it's iffy.
"Even then it's iffy"

You know you're on my side lol Just admit it.

This topic is moot. No way Dave picks a kicker.

It's myers + an undrafted guy in camp.

Caldwell isn't taking a kicker in this draft.

Again, if it weren't for Myers, we'd be picking 16th in every round instead of 5th. Embrace his contribution.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Again, if it weren't for Myers, we'd be picking 16th in every round instead of 5th. Embrace his contribution.
Hmmm

I guess we should put all the blame on Myers instead of the worst defense in Jags history. Good point.

Quote:It's myers + an undrafted guy in camp.

Caldwell isn't taking a kicker in this draft.

Yep, far too many more important roles to address.

After all, Myers wasn't drafted either.  Whether we bring in competition or a camp leg or two, they won't be drafted, either.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Bring in UDFA to compete. Any good special team coaches can fix his PAT problem. In addition, as good as the Jags offense is going to be, they might as well go for two instead of PAT.

I'm shocked that Josh Brown from the Giants is still available.

'02

Quote:Again, if it weren't for Myers, we'd be picking 16th in every round instead of 5th. Embrace his contribution.

Lol how many games do you think he lost us?

Indy. And MAYBE Ten. That's it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Lol how many games do you think he lost us?

Indy. And MAYBE Ten. That's it

Would the average kicker in the league have lost those games?

Doubt it.  But again... not as big a concern as the rest of the roster at this point.

If we were a playoff team, he'd have been cut during the season.

Quote:Would the average kicker in the league have lost those games?

Doubt it. But again... not as big a concern as the rest of the roster at this point.

If we were a playoff team, he'd have been cut during the season.

Would an average kicker have nailed that kick at the end of the Baltimore game? It all evens out.

Quote:Would an average kicker have nailed that kick at the end of the Baltimore game? It all evens out.

No, it doesn't "even out."  But whatever... anyone wants to apologize for Myers go ahead.  You aren't making him look good, you're making yourself look silly.

Quote:Would an average kicker have nailed that kick at the end of the Baltimore game? It all evens out.

Or the 58-yarder game winning FG in Miami which I believe ended up being the longest FG made by any kicker this past season.

'02

Quote:Or the 58-yarder game winning FG in Miami which I believe ended up being the longest FG made by any kicker this past season.

Yup. He cost us a game in Indy but made up for it with some rather difficult kicks that "average" kickers miss. I have no problem with Myers the FG kicker. It's the PATs he needs to get fixed.

This thread has officially become amateur hour comedy.

Quote:No, it doesn't "even out." But whatever... anyone wants to apologize for Myers go ahead. You aren't making him look good, you're making yourself look silly.

Yes it does. He directly lost us the Indy game but also directly won us two games on very difficult kicks. Actually you are right, it doesn't even out. Two game winners to one loss. If he gets the PATs down then he is fine... The kicker fear is strong with this one.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 01:49 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:This thread has officially become amateur hour comedy.

Yup, seems it started at 1:34 pm.

I feel that bringing in a kicker to compete w/Myers at this point sends a message of no confidence which would be a bad scenario. Myers kicked better as he got acclimated throught the season. He'll continue to improve...   :yes:

NH3...

"AZANE"

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-...percentage

Myers ranked 38 of 39 players (including a punter)  in xp percentage of those who attempted extra points last season.

The player he "beat out" also made a 58 yard FG last season, but isn't on an NFL roster.

No matter what nonsense you spew, nothing "evens" that out.

Simply asinine.

But feel free to continue.  You only make yourself look that much more inept.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/extra-point-percentage'>https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/extra-point-percentage</a>

Myers ranked 38 of 39 players (including a punter) in xp percentage of those who attempted extra points last season.

The player he "beat out" also made a 58 yard FG last season, but isn't on an NFL roster.

No matter what nonsense you spew, nothing "evens" that out.

Simply asinine.

But feel free to continue. You only make yourself look that much more inept.

I thought we were talking FGs... Try and keep up, Pirky.

Don't know what part of his statement about fixing his PATs is confusing you. Keep on trying, you'll get it eventually there, buddy!

So now kickers win and lose you games?

I'm shocked they don't make the same as QBs since they are such an important piece!

Maybe if our offense had played better, we beat Indy. Or maybe if our defense had played better, we could have actually beat a number of teams.

Kickers are important but let's be honest, they get paid the least for a reason. Gano kicked in the SB for the panthers. Redskins let him go. Kickers are everywhere.