Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joeckel on the trade block?

Quote:If they trade him Caldwell basically would be admitting he screwed up with that draft pick.. And i doubt Caldwell wants to be wrong. So he will stay..

What do you think signing Beachum is an admission of? Or signing Amukamara.

If Joeckel or Gratz had panned out, each would be getting an extension instead of replaced.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:If they trade him Caldwell basically would be admitting he screwed up with that draft pick.. And i doubt Caldwell wants to be wrong. So he will stay..

I am not one who goes along with the "it was a weak draft" argument, but it was his first draft and seemed like a safe pick at the time. Seems he has learned a little since then. I'm sure in hindsight, it would have been nice to draft D. Hopkins.

I do have to say though, for that entire draft to be complete garbage 3 years later is pretty astounding. I think a lot of that speaks to the coaching, because the simple odds are there would be at least 1 serviceable guy in there. And I know what you are thinking, but Cyprien still sucks.

Quote:What value do you really provide when you are on your [BAD WORD REMOVED] half time?

I feel like he has be at least better than replacement level backup (swing) tackles.

Quote:I am not one who goes along with the "it was a weak draft" argument, but it was his first draft and seemed like a safe pick at the time. Seems he has learned a little since then. I'm sure in hindsight, it would have been nice to draft D. Hopkins.

I do have to say though, for that entire draft to be complete garbage 3 years later is pretty astounding. I think a lot of that speaks to the coaching, because the simple odds are there would be at least 1 serviceable guy in there. And I know what you are thinking, but Cyprien still sucks.
The coaching, or they're just not very good players, because we're not having that same issue with the 14 draft.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">The criticism of the 2013 NFL Draft continues. John Elway, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations, said it's not top-heavy. Some have said there isn't a single quarterback worthy of a first-round pick.

<div style="margin:0px;">
<div style="margin:0px 0px 3px;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);"><b>Schein: Don't sleep on Geno Smith</b>
[Image: 0ap1000000053195.jpg]Adam Schein thinks the doubters are wrong -- Geno Smith absolutely has what it takes to be a franchise QB in the NFL. <b>More ...</b>
</div>
</div>
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">One high-ranking team executive told CBS Sports' Mike Freeman this is the worst draft in a decade.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Worst draft in past 10 years or longer," the executive said. "When we look back at this draft in five or 10 years we might view it as one of the worst we've seen in some time."

There's a article from a Seahawks website that speculates about the Seahawks trading for Luke Joeckel:

Would Seahawks trade for Jaguars' Luke Joeckel?
<p class="">By Danny Kelly <span> @FieldGulls </span> on Apr 13, 2016, 1:19p

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/4/13/1142...ke-joeckel

I'm still skeptical that this "talk" is anything more than reporters trying to cook up a story. 

Unless the Jags are absolutely certain that his replacement will be healthy enough to assume the starting role right out of the gate, there's no incentive for them to make any sort of deal, and very little trade value beyond some late round conditional pick. 

I CAN see the team trading him in a similar circumstance to how they unloaded Monroe.  Let Joeckel start the season, and hope that he plays well enough to gin up his value so that when a team suddenly has a need at Tackle, the Jags can step in and offer him in trade. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is just more idiotic drivel coming from an unlimited source. 

Caldwell's job depends on making the right decisions that will improve this team.  He's already shown that if they make a personnel move that doesn't pan out, he's more than willing to admit the mistake and move on.  So, to say that he won't because it would be an admission he screwed up is just ludicrous, but not unexpected considering the source.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">The criticism of the 2013 NFL Draft continues. John Elway, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations, said it's not top-heavy. Some have said there isn't a single quarterback worthy of a first-round pick.

<div style="margin:5px;color:rgb(34,34,33);font-family:arial;font-size:11px;">
<div style="margin:0px;">
<div style="margin:0px 0px 3px;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);"><b>Schein: Don't sleep on Geno Smith</b>
[Image: 0ap1000000053195.jpg]Adam Schein thinks the doubters are wrong -- Geno Smith absolutely has what it takes to be a franchise QB in the NFL. <b>More ...</b>
</div>
</div>
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">One high-ranking team executive told CBS Sports' Mike Freeman this is the worst draft in a decade.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Worst draft in past 10 years or longer," the executive said. "When we look back at this draft in five or 10 years we might view it as one of the worst we've seen in some time."

</div>
But still gave us these players

Ansah

Sheldon Richardson

Star Loutelei

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Kyle Long

Eifert

Desmond Trufant

Floyd and Hopkins

just in the first

LeVeon bell in the 2nd

Bostic

Lacy

Mathieu

keenan allen

markus wheaton

jordan reed

i mean... it wasn't that bad... 

Quote:But still gave us these players

Ansah

Sheldon Richardson

Star Loutelei

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Kyle Long

Eifert

Desmond Trufant

Floyd and Hopkins

just in the first

LeVeon bell in the 2nd

Bostic

Lacy

Mathieu

keenan allen

markus wheaton

jordan reed

Travis Kelce as well

Quote:I'm still skeptical that this "talk" is anything more than reporters trying to cook up a story. 

Unless the Jags are absolutely certain that his replacement will be healthy enough to assume the starting role right out of the gate, there's no incentive for them to make any sort of deal, and very little trade value beyond some late round conditional pick. 

I CAN see the team trading him in a similar circumstance to how they unloaded Monroe.  Let Joeckel start the season, and hope that he plays well enough to gin up his value so that when a team suddenly has a need at Tackle, the Jags can step in and offer him in trade. 
I can see this, but if the Jaguars end up with Tunsil, all bets are off for Joeckel.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Ansah

Sheldon Richardson

Star Loutelei

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Kyle Long

Eifert

Desmond Trufant

Floyd and Hopkins

just in the first

LeVeon bell in the 2nd

Bostic

Lacy

Mathieu

keenan allen

markus wheaton

jordan reed

That's a solid group and teams were lucky if they ended up with one of those 'solid' players. That's definitely not a list that proves it was a strong draft. 

Quote:I can see this, but if the Jaguars end up with Tunsil, all bets are off for Joeckel.
I'm not expecting that to happen, although with the trade that has shuffled the top of the board, that's a possibility. 

Quote:I feel like he has be at least better than replacement level backup (swing) tackles.
Sam Young outplayed him last year when he was out.

He's equal, if not worse.

Luke joeckel for kam chancellor would be nice

Quote:Luke joeckel for kam chancellor would be nice
they can have Cyp too lol

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 09:17 PM by knarnn.)

Ansah

Sheldon Richardson

Star Loutelei

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Kyle Long

Eifert

Desmond Trufant

Floyd and Hopkins

just in the first

LeVeon bell in the 2nd

Bostic

Lacy

Mathieu

keenan allen

markus wheaton

jordan reed

9 out of 32 isn't a great example of a strong draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

IF Tunsil is there will the Jags take him?  If yes in that scenario the joke is fried chicken

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:What do you think signing Beachum is an admission of? Or signing Amukamara.

If Joeckel or Gratz had panned out, each would be getting an extension instead of replaced.

Nail, hammer.

Handwriting, wall.

Are boy, crack.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:This is just more idiotic drivel coming from an unlimited source. 

Caldwell's job depends on making the right decisions that will improve this team.  He's already shown that if they make a personnel move that doesn't pan out, he's more than willing to admit the mistake and move on.  So, to say that he won't because it would be an admission he screwed up is just ludicrous, but not unexpected considering the source.

According to this, you just contradicted ur sig, bruh.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~