Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beards

Quote:What the heck is a half break?

When your pants rest slightly on the top of your shoe and make a slight crease in the front of the pant leg.

No Break= pants hang just above shoe (or show your ankle if you're a weirdo)

Full break= the crease goes all the way around the pant leg. Not in style at the moment.

Crap= multiple folds of the pant leg bunched around your ankle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 03:56 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:When your pants rest slightly on the top of your shoe and make a slight crease in the front of the pant leg.

Full break= the crease goes all the way around the pant leg. Not in style at the moment.

Half Break is how things end up sometimes when I try to do home repairs.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Half Break is how things end up sometimes when I try to do home repairs.
I'm sure that happens with most of us.

Quote:When your pants rest slightly on the top of your shoe and make a slight crease in the front of the pant leg.

[Image: SuitMeme-300x300.jpg]

Quote:Half Break is how things end up sometimes when I try to do home repairs.

If it makes you feel better I'll be re-wiring my field sprayer for the 3rd time next week.

Quote:[Image: SuitMeme-300x300.jpg]

That's definitely option 4 on the right.

Gotcha. I have short torso and long legs so Full Break on most people is actually normal on me and Crap on most would be Full Break on me.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Senor Fantastico" data-cid="984947" data-time="1489780035">

When your pants rest slightly on the top of your shoe and make a slight crease in the front of the pant leg.

[Image: SuitMeme-300x300.jpg]</blockquote>

Spot on lol sadly too many people are on the right side
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Nothing wrong at all with slim fit if you have the body for it, it's those skin tight pants I don't understand.

Also, agreed on the half break - bunches of ankle fabric is less than ideal.

I don't wear boot cut anything and I actually wear boots every day.

I'll agree on the skin tight. I'm fine with it on women, but that's another topic lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<====== Can grow a beard exactly like this guy.

In less than a week, actually. 

I'm with Marty, I wish they'd go back out of style so I could go back to being (even more) distinctive.

I'm amazed at what people notice and quantify. 

Ibe had a full beard for almost 20 years trend or no trend I can't go clean shave
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Spot on lol sadly too many people are on the right side

I'm on the right side myself.. To me, suits are for weddings and funerals..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I've had a beard going on about 8 years now. Before that was mustache or goatee. Could always grow it out but had jobs that wouldn't let me do it. I keep mine short, #2 guard short.

I have great stubble and a decent beard when its fully grown, my problem is it looks terrible in the transition from stubble to full beard status. Not worth the hassle.

Quote:I'm amazed at what people notice and quantify.

Quantify?

Quote:Quantify?

Length of crease and distance from ankle. 

Quote:What the heck is a half break?

Yeah, and Tailored blue jeans? Those just come off shelf and onto the body.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Length of crease and distance from ankle.

Non-hipster terms are "too long", "too short", and "just right."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yeah, and Tailored blue jeans? Those just come off shelf and onto the body.

I didn't mean to imply tailored jeans. Those are easy enough to find a good enough fit off the shelf.

Quote:Non-hipster terms are "too long", "too short", and "just right."

Well I mean, the terms have been used in the clothing industry since forever. Hipsters would tend to be a lot more anti proper suit styling. Think tight jackets where the sleeves stop 3/4.

Think of the show How I Met Your Mother. I wouldn't call Barney a hipster, he knows a proper suit. Ted is much closer to a hipster and is anti suits most of the time.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS